So. Cal. 44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari March 4th & 5th 2006 - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Events > Upcoming Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Default So. Cal. 44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari March 4th & 5th 2006

The 44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari
March 4th & 5th 2006
This is another event held in the same area as the Anza Borrego event in November, off Marina Drive near Truckhaven.

Last edited by DennisDawg; 01-22-2006 at 11:21 PM.
DennisDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

COME SEE HEEP FALL DOWN AND GO BOOM!

Runs from Wild to Mild!

BE THERE!!!

Old 01-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
trd2001

Send a message via AIM to trd2001

sound's like fun. i might go.
trd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd2001
sound's like fun. i might go.
Kewl!!!!!! Bring friends!!!!!!

Ussualy you can do there thing in the AM, early Pm and then go do your thing . . . all fun!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
trd2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDawg
Kewl!!!!!! Bring friends!!!!!!

Ussualy you can do there thing in the AM, early Pm and then go do your thing . . . all fun!

They go to Anza also?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #6
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
They go to Anza also?

Rather then runs with leaders and all that, much of it is kinda' self guided with three levels or trails marked. you follow the "color" of the level with which you feel comfortable and know if anything happens and you are alone for a bit, another will be along very soon to help you. you go at your own pace . . . wheel, lunch, whatever. This portion is in the 'Truckhaven Hills' the area generally north and north west of N. Marina that is a huge playground of sorts but not in the state park proper.

If you start is the early morning, you'll be done in the early PM. Then you can do what you like and there is a lot to do. you can go play on the hills as may do. you can get up on a high spot and look down at a hard spot, drink beer and watch Heeps fall on their side. Or you can run off and do a run.

That is not to say they do not have runs with a trail leader and all that as well. They do . . . mostly on Sunday and depending in interest they're thinking Pumpkin Patch, Calicite mine and maybe others in the state park itself.

Plus they have a vendor area, food and a huge raffle! It is a huge event!!!!!!!!

As the sun sets, folks play in the washes, hills and drop offs and have so good roudy fun!!! There is stuff there for every type of 4X4, wild to mild!

If there is a run we'd (meaning we in the 'all of us' way) like to do and a bunch of us are there, we can do that also!

If you check out this month's In Gear (Cal4Wheel's excellent newsletter) you'll see an article there about the event describing the trail plans, raffle and food.

My wife and I had a great time at the Truckhaven Challenge and this event is bigger and badder than that!!!! It is a huge event, as seen on 4X4 TV and others . . . good fun!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
trd2001

you going to be camping there?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
you going to be camping there?
No, we'll stay in PS. But a zillion people will be camped and we'll be there late, just not sleeping there.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
BreakinTrail

I'll be up there with some buddies. I'll probably be staying in a toy trailer =) We should hook up Dennis, you know us tacoma guys have to stick together at a predominantly heep environment!
BreakinTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakinTrail
I'll be up there with some buddies. I'll probably be staying in a toy trailer =) We should hook up Dennis, you know us tacoma guys have to stick together at a predominantly heep environment!
It is a lot of Heep but they are all fun people at these events. So, I hope some Totoya folks'll want to go . . . this is in our back yard and all!

We need to hook up for sure . . .

This will be big fun!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
Timbuddha
Extra Cab Double Bed

Heidi and I will be there!!!!

Tim
Timbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuddha
Heidi and I will be there!!!!

Tim
Totaly cool!!!! We all need to link up for sure! This'll be a lot of fun!!!!!

It'll be great to see you again!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
SgtMunger
Veteran Member

I went last year with "Scouts West" in my Taco and had a blast! Guys rollin their shat all drunk in the "idiot pit", LOL, good times. I'll definitly be there again this year. We can work out meet-up details when we get a little closer.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #14
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMunger
I went last year with "Scouts West" in my Taco and had a blast! Guys rollin their shat all drunk in the "idiot pit", LOL, good times. I'll definitly be there again this year. We can work out meet-up details when we get a little closer.
Cool! You live near me! It is a lot of fun anf funny at times.

For sure we'll need ot have a plan to link up!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
Yota Masters

TDS is a MUST. Lots of fun for all levels of rigs. You can make it as hard or soft core as you wish.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:56 PM   #16
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Yep. They do have somehting there for every one . . . and a lot of fun!!!! I hope folk'll come on out and enjoy it!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #17
tinkerbelloffroad

Send a message via AIM to tinkerbelloffroad Send a message via Yahoo to tinkerbelloffroad

i cant go i have class on that saturday. hope you guys have fun and maybe the next run....
tinkerbelloffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelloffroad
i cant go i have class on that saturday. hope you guys have fun and maybe the next run....
It is OK. This is a 4X4 thingy for the runs thing they put on . . . there'll be plenty for you to do this year!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #19
dnstaco

Dennis,do we have to be like all registered and what not or can we just show up run some trails and hang out or what? You know I am not real fond of the formal $hit,I just like running with good peeps!!!

I cant seem to get the registration form to download so with that said how much is the registration for this event!!

Last edited by dnstaco; 02-05-2006 at 09:57 PM.
dnstaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #20
Big-A
and weeeeeeee

Send a message via MSN to Big-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDawg
The 44th Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari

March 4th & 5th 2006

http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/safari.htm

This is another event held in the same area as the Anza Borrego event in November, off Marina Drive near Truckhaven.
That looks like fun and I enjoy the SoCal scenery being a Phoenix native I can get my yearly desert fix in......if I am not having my state contractors license crash coarse that weekend I want to go.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
Timbuddha
Extra Cab Double Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnstaco
Dennis,do we have to be like all registered and what not or can we just show up run some trails and hang out or what? You know I not real fond of the formal $hit,I just like running with good peeps!!!
Well, you don't have to be registered, but then its like you are just mooching off the Tierra Del Sol club, who work very hard to put this event together. I usually register, but don't go on their formal runs as I have a club that I am member of. Plus they donate most of their profits to keep trails open. Come on man, pony up the dough and support our sport.

Tim
Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #22
Timbuddha
Extra Cab Double Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis3000
That looks like fun and I enjoy the SoCal scenery being a Phoenix native I can get my yearly desert fix in......if I am not having my state contractors license crash coarse that weekend I want to go.
Anthony-

We'd be glad to have you my friend.

Tim
Old 02-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #23
Big-A
and weeeeeeee

Send a message via MSN to Big-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbuddha
Anthony-

We'd be glad to have you my friend.

Tim
Thanks Tim, I look forward to meeting you and others if I am able to go.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #24
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnstaco
Dennis,do we have to be like all registered and what not or can we just show up run some trails and hang out or what? You know I am not real fond of the formal $hit,I just like running with good peeps!!!

I cant seem to get the registration form to download so with that said how much is the registration for this event!!

It is best to register. It is their party so we should play by their rules. It'll be a lot of fun!!! The event is huge!!! It is not one of those events with a lot of leaders and such, more freedom and fun than that. If you pre-register, it is 45 but 60 on site. A lot of the money goes to groups that are working to keep the trails open for us all.. Please come!!! You can get the form here:

http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/Safari_Forms/44th%20Annual%20Desert%20Safari%20Registration%20F orm.pdf

It is a PDF file, you need Adobe Acrobat to open it. you can down loaded the reader for free here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Or contact Ron Kwait at president@tds4x4.com . . . he can help you.

I hope there will be a lot of Toyotas there . . . I know you'll have a good time and meet new people and . . .well . . . just go!!!
Hope to see you there.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #25
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Just a bump so folks can plan for this fun event!!!

Pack your stuff and lets gooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #26
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

I'm going!! This is my third year @ TDS, and my friend Dan's 10th TDS!! I've had this run posted on the Nevada Chapter for over a month, and so far- I've got one other NVTTORA guy interested. I have my own group of people going; 4 Toyota's and one big ass Chevy named "Big Red"!!

My034runner loves it out there!! I've also posted this event on http://www.toyota120.com and toyota-4runner.org and I might have even put it on http://www.yotatech.com
You'll see my TTORA sticker on my034runner, it's the black one, stop me and say HI!!
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner
I'm going!! This is my third year @ TDS, and my friend Dan's 10th TDS!! I've had this run posted on the Nevada Chapter for over a month, and so far- I've got one other NVTTORA guy interested. I have my own group of people going; 4 Toyota's and one big ass Chevy named "Big Red"!!

My034runner loves it out there!! I've also posted this event on http://www.toyota120.com and toyota-4runner.org and I might have even put it on http://www.yotatech.com
You'll see my TTORA sticker on my034runner, it's the black one, stop me and say HI!!
Cool deal!!!!!!!!!!! We'll have to plan a place and way to meet!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #28
allpro
Veteran Member
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

My Rig: '08 Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner

Hey Robert!

We'll see you there too! We're not setting up a booth this year since we'd rather go out and play, but we will have vehicles on display around raffle time - so stop by!

-Sarah
allpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #29
DennisDawg
Browns Fan on Dirt!

I think we need our secret AZ CB chan of 22 activated for this event!

All the toyota's need to stick together!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 02:11 PM   #30
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro
Hey Robert!

We'll see you there too! We're not setting up a booth this year since we'd rather go out and play, but we will have vehicles on display around raffle time - so stop by!

-Sarah

Hey Sarah,
One of my Master Certified Tech's, Victor, is going to be calling you today. He liked the rock sliders on my034runner, and wanted to get a set for a '98 Tacoma. I told to make sure and talk to you, but if you weren't there for any reason, to talk to Terry, Cool? Take care of him, he just got free rein on Tundra Solutions.com and I think that he might be able to swing some more business your way. So you're not putting up a booth? I thought that you were for some reason. But, I understand, you need more play time!
We're going to get there as early as possible on Friday, and set up camp somewhere around the TDS area. We're splitting up into two groups this year, as everybody gets off at different times, and we don't want to getting there after dark again, and then trying to get a camp spot. We're Primitive, so no motor home or anything like that. Was thinking about renting one, but of course, we ran out of time and money again- mostly time though. You still have my phone # don't you? If not, PM me, and I'll shoot it over to you, or look it up in your work computer. This will be another fun trip, and can't wait to see your Tacoma!
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...

Last edited by my034runner; 02-15-2006 at 01:20 AM.
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote