Do you think 06 Nissan Titan rims will fit my 01 Taco? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Tires/Wheels
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
boredracer

Default Do you think 06 Nissan Titan rims will fit my 01 Taco?

Some guy is selling his brand new 2006 Nissan Titan rims which are 18 inch 6 lug rims. And I wanted to know if they will fit my 01 tacoma? I have a double cab 4x4 if that makes any difference.

Heres a pic of the titan rims if you want to see them...

boredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2006, 02:09 AM   #2
0stepside3
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 0stepside3 Send a message via MSN to 0stepside3

um.. measure the bolt pattern.. I believe ours is 6x5.5"
0stepside3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
ACETRD

Send a message via AIM to ACETRD Send a message via Yahoo to ACETRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stepside3
um.. measure the bolt pattern.. I believe ours is 6x5.5"
Tirerack says both the Tacoma and Titan are "Bolt Pattern: 6-139" the only thing to consider now is back spacing.
ACETRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
NorcalPR
NorCal Chapter Pres

My Rig: SAS'd 01 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR

6-139 is 6-5.5".

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
NorcalPR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
boredracer

yeah the backspacing is my main concern....

I guess i'll have to bolt them up and see for myself.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #6
jester_motorsports
Machinist Extraordinare

My Rig: 99 Tacoma

Why would you want Nissan wheels on your Toyota though? That'll cost ya about 45hp ya know.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
boredracer

i want them because they're cheap 18 inch wheels.. =)
Old 03-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
04RedLobster
Veteran Member

how about getting some cheap 15" wheels..and you'll save money on tires..since it's cheaper for 15" tires..
04RedLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #9
jimbo74
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jimbo74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester_motorsports
Why would you want Nissan wheels on your Toyota though? That'll cost ya about 45hp ya know.

i have ford explorer 15" alloys on my truck, they replaced the ghetto 14" centerlines my truck had when i got it.... i took the wheels off my wrecked explorer
Old 03-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #10
Enzogfx
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RedLobster
how about getting some cheap 15" wheels..and you'll save money on tires..since it's cheaper for 15" tires..
I second that suggestion-
I did it, and it saved me at least $120 on tires- metric sizes will kill ur pocketbook in the long run

D44 SAS '01 xtra cab 2.7 5spd -35MTRs -4.88s Locked front & rear
Enzogfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:43 PM   #11
jester_motorsports
Machinist Extraordinare

My Rig: 99 Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzogfx
I second that suggestion-
I did it, and it saved me at least $120 on tires- metric sizes will kill ur pocketbook in the long run
18" tires in general won't be kind on the pocketbook either.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:26 AM   #12
lDanny

I found that Titan 4x4 wheels are 285/70/17 with an offset of 30mm, that seems to be large of an offset. might work with spacers?
lDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #13
Silva Tacoma

Why would anyone want 18" wheels on a Tacoma?
Silva Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #14
Eztrog88
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Eztrog88

15's won't fit the new trucks.

285/70/70 doesn't give enough info... thats the tire size. You need to know how wide the rim is and the Back Space. I think the new trucks came stock with 5" BS? but don't hold me to that.

1998 Tacoma
Regular Cab 4x4
2.7L - 5-spd

TJM Front Bumper
Fabtech Coilovers with Fox Racing Shox
1.5" Shackle and Deaver 3-Leaf AAL
ATArmor Sliders
31x10.50 BFG ATs

(Anyone want to trade for my 3.58's ? )
Eztrog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
02tacotim
Resident offroad Doc

Those wheels will absolutely positively fit. And they will look awesome too.
You smell that, sniff, sniff...it's called sarcasm

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURACERMAN
I do this for a living, stacking lifts isn't that bad.
02tacotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #16
miguelitro
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester_motorsports
I have nice rubber titan floormats out of my buddies totaled Titan and have noticed no loss of power...
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #17
TacoNacho

i would have to agree with comment #6 actually you'll lose 47hp
Old 04-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #18
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro
I have nice rubber titan floormats out of my buddies totaled Titan and have noticed no loss of power...

My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #19
Justin311

You know you guys sure are arrogant for being so ignorant. I just tried to search thru the archives for offset recommendations on 18" wheels...for my truck I take, yes, offroad. Everybody YELLED AT anybody asking for info. Like you guys are some "hardcore" offroaders

My tacoma sees 99% street. Because I have other vehicles (like my 90 4runner) that I go offroading in. Its pretty sad you all are so arrogant.

And to clue y'all in, theres a little thing called hub bore that CERTAINLY makes a huge difference on what will fit. Nissans use an ~80mm hub bore, while toyotas use a ~110mm hub bore. Therefore TITAN WHEELS WILL NOT FIT ON A TACOMA. You might wonder how I'm so sure, and its becuase I traded in my '04 Titan for an '05 Tacoma and kept the titan wheels. They wouldn't be taking up space in my closet right now if the hub bore was correct.

So in summary, chill the F out and only answer questions if you can be polite and CORRECT.
Justin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #20
whothehellisthisguy

For the record, it's only the new Nissans that have the funky patterns and center bore sizes. The old shit interchanges just fine with 'yota.

]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...76265_7346.jpg
whothehellisthisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #21
Ditrut
Put Er In Low Eh?

Justin311 - you should hang out at custom tacos.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #22
bray
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02tacotim
Those wheels will absolutely positively fit. And they will look awesome too.
You smell that, sniff, sniff...it's called sarcasm

Tim
Smells and looks fishy to me. 16.5's are the shizzle, but only if you are SAC'd. Like you Tim!
bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 AM   #23
bray
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditrut
Yes, he came when he wuz 'Just-In'! Pitiful post for a newb. I'd like to see a reply. He may have ruined himself as a Toyota owner after ...................................
bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #24
Justin311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bray
Yes, he came when he wuz 'Just-In'! Pitiful post for a newb. I'd like to see a reply. He may have ruined himself as a Toyota owner after ...................................
Newbie? Ruined myself as a Toyota owner? I hope you guys are as big of smarta$$es when you take a look over at my join date. I was one of the first thousand people or so that joined this board. You joined what....as soon as your parents gave you your first computer on your 18th birthday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bray
I'd like to see a reply.
Did you enjoy my reply? Morons.

Just to set you little pipsqueaks straight (you were born in '84? lmfao... ) I have been wheeling and owning Toyotas since you two were getting your training wheels taken off. And you're talking down to me. Ironic.

You have just exemplified the major problem with this board, and the reason I have [had] more years on this board than posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditrut
Thanks for letting me know where I can hang out, newbie. I have accounts at custom tacos, yotatech, and many other toyota sites. But I'm not really sure why you are telling me where I can hang out....are you feeling threatened because who you *presumed* was a "newbie" gave a *correct* reply to a legitimate question, a question to which you did not know the anwser? I hope you guys feel as small as you are right now.

BTW, for the rest of the board who does not associate with these goons...

18" aftermarket wheels fit great with proper offsets, and the correct hub bore of 4.25" or ~110mm. You will need approx 18x8.5 with ~18mm offset. I am running a 285/60R18 on my 05 Taco. Nissan Titan wheels NOR 05+ Nissan frontier wheels will fit a taco (I haven't looked into '04 or earlier frontiers). The titan has the correct pattern but wrong hub bore, frontier does not have either in common.

And one last word for the newbies:

Of course I run a 31x10.50 on 15" steel wheels on my 90 4runner that I go wheelin' in....hopefully that makes me "cool" in your "club"?

Last edited by Justin311; 08-29-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #25
_BEN_

If these wheels will fit a Frontier....
Then the bolt pattern is correct but the offset and center bore are most likely wrong.

How I would know.
I bought a set of used Nismo Frontier wheels (TE37x's) hoping that they would be close and they turned out to be very off.
I could not find enough info at the time on their measurements. Just that they had the right pcd, the offset was a little different and nothing about the center bore.
So I went ahead and bought them.
The offset was about 1.25"~1.5" off and the center bore was too small.

So in order for me to use them I would have to get a thick spacer (1.25"~1.5") and rely on them being lug centric.
_BEN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #26
CajunTaco
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to CajunTaco

If you really want the titan wheels, throw that shit on a lathe and open up the hub bore. Or you can just use a dremel or something and open them up. Just mount them lug centric.

I know a bunch of guys that do this to put escalade wheels on older nissan hardbodys.

87 Sammy on yota axles, elockers, 37's, etc.
CajunTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #27
Justin311

If they were '05+ I beleive the pattern is wrong as well...pretty much suffice it to say its pointless to try to fit newer Nissan wheels on a Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BEN_
If these wheels will fit a Frontier....
Then the bolt pattern is correct but the offset and center bore are most likely wrong.

How I would know.
I bought a set of used Nismo Frontier wheels (TE37x's) hoping that they would be close and they turned out to be very off.
I could not find enough info at the time on their measurements. Just that they had the right pcd, the offset was a little different and nothing about the center bore.
So I went ahead and bought them.
The offset was about 1.25"~1.5" off and the center bore was too small.

So in order for me to use them I would have to get a thick spacer (1.25"~1.5") and rely on them being lug centric.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #28
Justin311

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunTaco
If you really want the titan wheels, throw that shit on a lathe and open up the hub bore. Or you can just use a dremel or something and open them up. Just mount them lug centric.

I know a bunch of guys that do this to put escalade wheels on older nissan hardbodys.
Ya know that is what everybody recommended to me as well. I did a LOT of research on it and found it to be a SERIOUS pita. I checked in AR where I was previously....only one place would touch it, wanted $200+, and was scary to say the least.

Then I moved to Baltimore, whohas a TON OF machine shops. I went to a wheel specific shop (remanufactures wheels) and they could not do it, and told me they didn't know anybody around either. They said the insurance alone to allow them to machine automotive wheels prohibits anybody on the "up and up" to touch them. Who is it that is machining these for you in Louisiana? How much are they charging??

I don't know if you were serious about "dremeling them out" but I don't think you realize the amount of material there is to be removed. In addition, you would never get the wheel to balance afterwards.

I think it is horrible advice to hand out, and I've only heard it second hand. Until somebody comes in and tells me "I had it done here and it cost me this" then I will remain skeptical after my research....