TTORA Forum banner

Toyota T100? Opinions

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  usmcracing 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 1998 T100 king cab 4wd with 102k miles and a fully rebuilt engine when the engine had 98k miles, for $9k or $8.5k. It runs great and with a good waxing/buffing would look great. The only thing I found wrong was it needs tires, ugly bed liner, and needs a good waxing. The only owner is a retired Navy guy that claims its the best truck he's ever owned and liked it so much that he bought a Tundra when the engine was being rebuilt. He claims that one of the engine's drivers side cam shafts broke so since he had the engine torn down he changed all bearings, rings, bought a new head/cam from Toyota, and had the heads shaved. It ran really good and rode nice the king cab section had enough for Emily's car seat. This will only be a DD since my Runner will be getting 37"s and 5.29s.

What's everyone's thoughts on this truck?

#2 ·
if you can get a damn good price, it'd be a sweet deal. if you have to pay some big $$, i say pass it up. you can run some 35 at's on the runna for DD and switch the 37's for wheelin and save the money for the runna's upgrades.

i got my DD free, that's why i have one :cool:

#3 ·
Your lookin at that black one on the lemon lot right? I checked it out too. Pretty sweet. I would take it if I had the $$$. I have always like the T100's. I used to drewal over a lifted one on 35's back home when I was younger. I really dig em.

#4 ·
The T100's are nice trucks. I wanted one for a long time a while back, but decided against it cause of the 3.0. I am not a big fan but if the guy had head work done on it a while back and has the receipts to prove it, It might not be to bad. I just would not pay top dollar for it, but you already know that.

#5 ·
Its a 3.4L not a 3.0L, it has lots of power I wish be runner had that much power.

I want a truck that I can drive to SC and back with all our stuff to include my dirt bike. You may not relize that I have a family and I take my daughter to and from day care.

#7 ·
They did but around the same time Toyota started putting the 3.4 in the Runners and Taco they changed the T100 too. I think it was 96 but I'm sure, I do know that 96 was the first year the 4Runner and Taco had the 3.4L.

The first thing I noticed when I was driving was the power it had.

If I got it this is would I'd like it to look like
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457637

and this what my wife would like like,,
:wife:

#9 ·
Not what I'm looking for. I need a truck that has a bed, I already have a SUV.

I think I'm going to wait a few more months till I get another truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.