Loose Bed - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Late Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
ski05

Default Loose Bed

Found a front RT. bed mount loose yesturday, the bolt is tight but the bed slides up and down on the bolt. TSB for noise in front left bumper extension, loung creeking sound. ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER. I BOUGHT A PIECE OF SHIT!! This is the sixth time to the dealer for warrenty.
ski05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
tbst
Veteran Member

Yeah sometimes toyotas arent the best. Just bad luck. But usually (most of the time) luck is good.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
ski05

Still at dealer no word yet. Been there since Monday.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:36 AM   #4
volley

Sounds like you just got a bad seed! Most times you can't go wrong with Toyota and after having owned a Ford and a Chevy I can say the Tacoma is leaps and bounds ahead of them...but fortunately I don't have nearly as many problems as you have with yours. A few minor issues but nothing too big of a deal.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
ShowStop
Member Dismemberer

My Rig: 95.5 Tacoma
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop

I actually tore my front right bed mounting bolt from the bed itself. The weight in the bed just tore the metal and ripped out the bolt. I still haven't fixed it yet.
ShowStop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
ski05

ripped the metal ?????? Mine is an 05 with the "indestructable composite bed" Ya, OK. Any way been at the dealer since monday with no phone call.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
ski05

Default Loose bed update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski05
ripped the metal ?????? Mine is an 05 with the "indestructable composite bed" Ya, OK. Any way been at the dealer since monday with no phone call.
Just got off of the phone with the dealer, thay ordered the parts> Thay had to replaced the WHOLE COMPOSITE PART OF THE BED insert!!! Should be done tomorrow or wed.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #8
ski05

Still at dealer. Went to the bodyshop yesturday??? I can't understand why it would have to go to the bodyshop? I will have to check it out good when I pick it up.