OBD II Code Reader - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
SAR_Squid79
THAT guy.

Send a message via Yahoo to SAR_Squid79
Default OBD II Code Reader

I'm looking to buy a OBD II Code reader.
My URD O2 Simulator hiccups every once in a while, and I'm tired of driving to Auto Zone just to clear the CEL. If anyone has an old Code reader I'll buy it from you.

Mountain: She can crawl it.
Ass: She can haul it.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need . . . roads."
~Dr. Emmett L. Brown

My Rig My Trailer 4xInnovations
SAR_Squid79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
jrizman
Alumnus maximus

i would get this:
http://www.scanguage.com

i never did purchase one, but after i get a job i will, its well worth the investment!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
SAR_Squid79
THAT guy.

I might get one of those in the future. I wanted to get in on the group buy that someone posted up about a while back, but never heard anything else about it.

Their Site says that the current production run is sold out, anyway.

For now I was hoping to pick up one for pretty cheap. Like if someone had a cheap one, and then bought a better one, or something.

~Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Old 04-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
wisctaco04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR_Squid79
I'm looking to buy a OBD II Code reader.
My URD O2 Simulator hiccups every once in a while, and I'm tired of driving to Auto Zone just to clear the CEL. If anyone has an old Code reader I'll buy it from you.
Why didn't you call me 2 days ago. I just ended up selling the one you returned to me since my buddy had the never ending no reason CELs.

Just got the bushings replaced today. Let me know when the next Badlands trip is. Any luck on the cardigan joint?

Hi-Lift mounts for sale $30
wisctaco04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
SAR_Squid79
THAT guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisctaco04
Why didn't you call me 2 days ago. I just ended up selling the one you returned to me since my buddy had the never ending no reason CELs.

Just got the bushings replaced today. Let me know when the next Badlands trip is. Any luck on the cardigan joint?
That figures! Sounds like your buddy needs it worse than me anyway. Like I said my CEL comes from the O2 sim hiccupping every once in a while. Not a big deal.

...anyway - Nothing new on the cardan joint yet. The rattle comes back, I grease everything, and it goes away for a few days. I need to get it fixed soon. What's the deal with that D-shaft shop up there by you? I can't find a shop around here that really knows anything about it, that I would trust. Do you think we could try to rebuild it? How much would it cost to have that shop make me a D-shaft?

~Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Old 04-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
wisctaco04

I will give them a call on Monday. My guess is they will replace the joints or cut/weld/balance a new one. They usually had turn around times of 3 days for me before. The last one I had was cardigan with some beefy beefy shaft and U-joints and it set me back $280. They even put those nice warning sticker that say beware of rotating shaft! I can see if they can pull it off in a few hours. The only problem is they are M-F 7a-4p type of place. I will let you know. Would the wifey let you snag her car for a few days if yours was out of operation for a day or two? Just a thought but if mine were to fit your truck, I could always pick up the rebuilt and install on mine while you drive away with my stocker. You would atleast not be down any time. It would have to be timed right or I would be stuck on my riceburner trying to make it to class. Too bad you cant find a junkyard shaft to have rebuilt then installed when time permits.

My O2 sim sets off the light too I've noticed.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
SAR_Squid79
THAT guy.

Their hours aren't too much of a problem. My job owes me a day off anyway, and I could come up there for a day.

If they could do it in one day for me that would be great. Since my wife and I both work totally different hours, we'd be sucking trying to use one vehicle. I'd appreciate it if you'll give them a call for me and find out what my options are, and what kind of cost I'm looking at. Maybe I can start calling around and try to find a junk D-shaft. Maybe they'll know where I can find one?

~Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Old 04-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
wisctaco04

My hours are the problem. I don't have any weekdays off till the 4th July then I have Registry Exams 2 days later. They would build one from scratch with the measurements. That might be cheaper and easier than finding a junkyard one for repair. I will call and see though if the replacement of the jionts is doable and how much. My guess is that will be the cheapest. I bet when it's all said and done you will grease those puppies at each oil change for the rest of your life.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
wisctaco04

You will be able to talk to them faster than I on monday so here you go.

Machine Service Inc
(608)221-9122

Let me know what they quote

Another one for ya. They do more diesels but....

Eggiman Motor and Equipment
(608)271-5544

Old 04-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
wisctaco04

Whats the word?