Roof Rack/Rack Back Question - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Late Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
sharizod

Default Roof Rack/Rack Back Question

Hi there,
Has anyone ever installed a Rack Back (AKA Headache bars) on their 05/06 Taco? If so, what might be the best way to do it?

I've also considered putting on a stock roof rack. Does anyone know what materials it is made from? Is it a composite/plastic material of some kind, all metal, or a combination of both? The reason I ask is because I need to be able to mount extra antennas to whatever solution I go with. I need a solid metal-metal connection where I mount them to provide a good ground-plane for the extra antennas.

TIA!
Shar
sharizod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
CNADNtacoma

My Rig: 06 Tacoma TRD

there dosen't appear to be very many roof racks for the accesss cab. if you find one you'll have to drill your roof. I contacted back-rack and they said they have no plans to make a version for the '05 and newer tac because of the bed rail system.

EDIT: there now seems to be one available from Back Rack. Part #10317

Last edited by CNADNtacoma; 01-28-2008 at 03:54 PM.
CNADNtacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
Crazy Geologist

You can get a Yakima or Thule setup.

That is what I have and it requires no drilling, just 2 people to close the cams at the same time. Beware: I had a chip in my windshield, and when I installed the rack the chip propagated into a large crack. (then it got huge when I went wheeling that weekend.)

They claim that each crossbar can hold 50lbs (the same setup on my pathfinder could hold 175lbs each, I guess due to the different shape clips; the door frame doesn't have a good shape for a clips on the new tacos.

go here for a photo:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=64670

Last edited by Crazy Geologist; 04-04-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: add link, clarify explaination
Crazy Geologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
CNADNtacoma

My Rig: 06 Tacoma TRD

Well I guess Back Rack changed their mind about making one for the 05+ tacomas. There is now a part number listed on their site. Part # 10317 is for the 05+ Tacoma Back Rack. I'm going to order one today. I'll post pics when I get it and install it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
arrowpilot
Veteran Member

Make your own.

OME 886 Front, AirLift Rear
arrowpilot is offline   Reply With Quote