Lack of Power - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Performance/Engine/Exhaust
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 08-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
scottdeane

Default Lack of Power

Im running a 3in body lift and a ToyTec 3in lift with 33x12.5-16 Durango A/T's. My truck has ok power but when i hook my trailor up and put my to race quads on it, the truck turns into a turd. I have a magnaflow muffer and removed on of the cats and did the deckplate mod. Is there anything else i can besides buying a supercharger. I dont want to regear it yet till i need new tires because i want 35's. Any help would be great.
scottdeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
ShowStop
Member Dismemberer

My Rig: 95.5 Tacoma
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop

You are already aware of your shortcomings. You need to re-gear. Look into 4.88 gears if you plan to upgrade to 35s.
ShowStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
scottdeane

Where is a good place to get gears? and do i need the install kits? My local toyota deal said they would install front and rear gears for $300-$350
Old 08-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
WickedTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdeane
Where is a good place to get gears? and do i need the install kits? My local toyota deal said they would install front and rear gears for $300-$350
Yes you do need install kits. 300-350 for gear install front and rear is not bad at all. Go for it...
Since when does a toyota dealer install after market gears? I am impressed with that price coming from the dealer and all.
Wow

Last edited by WickedTaco; 08-14-2006 at 11:54 PM.
WickedTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
WickedTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdeane
Yes, you do need install kits..

WickedTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
scottdeane

where is a good place to get gears and install kit. I called 4wheelparts and they said i need a different yoke and all this other stuff. it came out to be like 1100 bucks unistalled and 500 do to the front and 300 for install and i about laughed at him for the install cost. since i already had the quote from my dealership.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
ShowStop
Member Dismemberer

My Rig: 95.5 Tacoma
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop

Dont go to 4wp, they will sell you crappy Genuine Gears. Stick with Precision or Yukon if possible. Check with the guys at PORC for gear and install kit pricing. www.performanceoffroadcenter.com
If you have a 2002 or newer model, you will probably need a new pinion flange due to a pinion change on the newer models. PORC can tell you what you will need.

Where are you located? Zuk does some great work and he is in AZ. www.gearinstalls.com
ShowStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
scottdeane

I live in N.W. Pa.