WTF of the day - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Florida > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
pi
the other white meat

Send a message via MSN to pi
Default WTF of the day

So I go to my father in law's shop today after work to change my oil, lube my zerks, rotate my tires etc. My truck has 10112 miles on it.

My drivers side front axle seal is leaking, so I'm like ok, no biggie. I check the fluid and it is pretty much bone dry.

I called Keith Pierson and spoke with the service manager and I will be taking it in tomorrow after I get off of work. Hopefully they don't pull the "you wheel your truck so we aren't going to warranty it" bullshit.
pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Neil426
Veteran Member

They can't unless they can prove the truck has been abused.
If they try to pull something just ask for the regional maint. managers phone number that is not located on site. If they refuse to help you just ask for Keith. and ask him for the number.

Neil

www.neilfab.net
Neilfab Stuff

Tread Lightly P06-13986.indv
Neil426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
bosco
Veteran Member

My Rig: 1992 Toyota 4runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil426
They can't unless they can prove the truck has been abused.
If they try to pull something just ask for the regional maint. managers phone number that is not located on site. If they refuse to help you just ask for Keith. and ask him for the number.

Neil

X2!

92 4runner 22RE under slow construction

2010 Honda Insight 45MPG!!!! Surf racks and custom horn!

85 4runner: All the goodies. Gone but not forgotten.

Trail Pics
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #4
pi
the other white meat

The service manager was really cool and he seemed concerned, he wanted me to bring it in right away... Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #5
usmcracing
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to usmcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_nueve
The service manager was really cool and he seemed concerned, he wanted me to bring it in right away... Hopefully all goes well tomorrow.
That same service manager screwed drew over. His new Taco has a dealer installed TRD super charger and a bearing inside it started making some nosie. So like anyone else would do Drew took it them and they give him the biggest run around on it. Toyota wouldn't pay for it cause some BS about it be a remain. TRD unit (which was done by TRD and bought from a Toyota dealer) and lucky for Drew his extended service covered it. They had Drew's taco for almost a month. Wouldn't Coggin or Alantic Toyota be closer to you? Iggy's stepdad works at Coggin Toyota.

Steven
usmcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #6
TacomaHarry
Veteran Member

Mike,

I had the same seal leak and toyota fixed it under warranty, about a month ago with 16,000 miles on it.
I tell them I just "TRAIL RIDE"

http://www.ttora.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=621
TacomaHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:58 AM   #7
Iggy
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcracing
That same service manager screwed drew over. His new Taco has a dealer installed TRD super charger and a bearing inside it started making some nosie. So like anyone else would do Drew took it them and they give him the biggest run around on it. Toyota wouldn't pay for it cause some BS about it be a remain. TRD unit (which was done by TRD and bought from a Toyota dealer) and lucky for Drew his extended service covered it. They had Drew's taco for almost a month. Wouldn't Coggin or Alantic Toyota be closer to you? Iggy's stepdad works at Coggin Toyota.

Steven
not anymore they laid him off because he made all the people who worked there forever look like shit by selling most cars and setting records that havent been beaten since 97 so they decided to demote him from manager to sales person. same thing with 2 other russian people there. he is over at hundai of north jacksonville. belive it or not but they sell alot of cars. he drove home a vanquish the other day lmao
RIP
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #8
pi
the other white meat

Yeah Coggin would have been closer but I have a issue with them... will never do business with them again.

Took the truck in and they said that the seal deteriorated due to dirt getting in there. They were really cool about it and I had no issues. Was in and out within two hours.

Now all I need to do is extend my diff breathers and sell my shit and get my locker.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
usmcracing
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
not anymore they laid him off because he made all the people who worked there forever look like shit by selling most cars and setting records that havent been beaten since 97 so they decided to demote him from manager to sales person. same thing with 2 other russian people there. he is over at hundai of north jacksonville. belive it or not but they sell alot of cars. he drove home a vanquish the other day lmao
That's just stupid, if he is breaking records on car sells then why lay him off? Seems to me that they would lay the guys with the lowest sales before the ones at the top. How did a HYUNDAI dealer get a Vanquish? Sounds like a fish story to me Iggy.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Iggy
Veteran Member

belive it or not they got alot of high end cars there . like awd 911 twin turbos and shelbys even had a ford gt at one time
RIP
Old 10-19-2006, 04:46 AM   #11
usmcracing
Veteran Member

Is this the same Hyundai of North Jax that's on Blanding BLVD? Cause if it is I'm going to have get some hip waiters cause the SHAT is getting deep. LOL
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 AM   #12
Iggy
Veteran Member

its of 95 somewhere
RIP