Body parts question - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > Late Tacoma Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
colorado125
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorado125
Default Body parts question

Anyone replace a headlight assembly or grille yet? Full replacement with the mounting? How about prices and wher you got it please.

The grille is cracked on the mounting and the headlight on the driver side has the one piece of the mount cracked also. Its on a 2005 with the chrome grill surround.

Thanks.
2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
colorado125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
TACODOC
Rendezvous Conspiracy

Check ebay... I got a color matched grill there for $80 plus shippin'
I see headlight assemblies there all the time.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
colorado125
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TACODOC
Check ebay... I got a color matched grill there for $80 plus shippin'
I see headlight assemblies there all the time.
Yeah, and I found out today that I'm not a big fan of wheeling on icy hills. Sliding back down hill 15 feet isn't good. And the worst part is how I stopped (hence, the need for new parts on a 2005)
2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
Old 10-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
ocdropzone
Veteran Member

My Rig: 81 Trekker

Like 05TACODOC said, ebay is gonna be about your best/cheapest source for parts...
At least you did not set off their airbag....those get expensive..
Old 10-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
colorado125
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Like 05TACODOC said, ebay is gonna be about your best/cheapest source for parts...
At least you did not set off their airbag....those get expensive..
I'll have to look on there. It wasn't very fast, hence just the plastic mounting pieces broke on the grille(and a small cracked piece of the grille) and headlight. The lense/reflector and everything else is fine on the headlight minus that one plastic tab.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
TACODOC
Rendezvous Conspiracy

You might try a little epoxy or something if it's just broken tabs on those parts... maybe engineer new tabs yourself, especially if the defects are not visible I'd try keeping them together on the cheap...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
jptiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TACODOC
You might try a little epoxy or something if it's just broken tabs on those parts... maybe engineer new tabs yourself, especially if the defects are not visible I'd try keeping them together on the cheap...
Not a bad idea, I might be able to make something work for the headlight assembly. I'll check that out tonight. The grille will have to be replaced. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
colorado125
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptiger
Not a bad idea, I might be able to make something work for the headlight assembly. I'll check that out tonight. The grille will have to be replaced. Thanks for the suggestion.
Did you get a chance to stop by the dealership and see what they bodyshop said?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
jptiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado125
Did you get a chance to stop by the dealership and see what they bodyshop said?
Not yet. I'm shooting for Wed. Got my eye on a couple of parts on Ebay also. The cost is cheaper but they're prob not OEM so I have no idea about quality.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #10
Sisyphus
Veteran Member

www.car-part.com

You can use it to buy parts, or simply to check prices on parts before you head out to the scrap yard. You can search for damn near any piece of the truck used.
My Truck

Quit making excuses and Donate to the Blue Ribbon Coalition

"Well done is better than well said." -- Benjamin Franklin

I've relocated to here
Sisyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 AM   #11
jptiger

Anybody out there change out a headlight assembly on a new taco yet? I'm having trouble figuring out how to get to the lower mount. In the limited time I had to look last night it appeared the screw was inside/behind the bumper. Any ideas?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
PB2theMax
Veteran Member

I got a new headlight on Ebay for $90. I think the dealership wants over $300 for one.

There are 4 bolts that hold the light. Two on top, one by the edge of the bumper, once you remove the grill (the grill pops off when you remove the two top bolts and two pins). The 4th headlight bolt is underneath on the side of a bracket near the fender. Ya can't really see it. You can just feel it. Ya gotta get your arm up in there and undo it with a short 10mm socket and ratchet. A small 1/4" drive ratchet is the way to go.

My CarDomain

Last edited by PB2theMax; 10-24-2006 at 04:55 PM.
PB2theMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #13
jptiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB2theMax
I got a new headlight on Ebay for $90. I think the dealership wants over $300 for one.

There are 4 bolts that hold the light. Two on top, one by the edge of the bumper, once you remove the grill (the grill pops off when you remove the two top bolts and two pins). The 4th headlight bolt is underneath on the side of a bracket near the fender. Ya can't really see it. You can just feel it. Ya gotta get your arm up in there and undo it with a short 10mm socket and ratchet. A small 1/4" drive ratchet is the way to go.
Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the info. Hope to have this fixed shortly.