Engine trouble code: P0450 Evap Pressure Sensor - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Vehicle Specific Tech > PreRunner Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
ochatesme

Default Engine trouble code: P0450 Evap Pressure Sensor

Well I've got a small issue here and was hoping I could get some insight. Lately, I've been getting a CEL that reads P0450, which is an Evap Pressure Sensor malfunction. Now, it is VERY intermittent, it usually takes one to three weeks before it starts to come back on after I pull the battery cable to reset the code. From searching, I found that it could possibly be a leak in the fuel lines, but if it was a leak wouldnt the CEL come on consistently? I'm assuming that the Evap Pressure Sensor is going bad, thus being the reason for the CEL coming on at intermittent stages. Before I go dish out $157 on a new Pressure sensor, does anyone else know what might cause this trouble code to be thrown out?

2005 Double Cab TRD Tacoma Prerunner
ochatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
SAR_Squid79
THAT guy.

Send a message via Yahoo to SAR_Squid79

If you're not screwing your gas cap all the way on until it clicks, you can get that CEL code.

Mountain: She can crawl it.
Ass: She can haul it.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need . . . roads."
~Dr. Emmett L. Brown

My Rig My Trailer 4xInnovations
SAR_Squid79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
ochatesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR_Squid79
If you're not screwing your gas cap all the way on until it clicks, you can get that CEL code.
Read about this one too, I make sure the gas cap clicks several times after I gas up. It still clicks even after the CEL comes on so i'm assuming, hopefully, that it's not the gas cap.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:26 AM   #4
RaideRNatioN
SPEAK ENGLISH!

Send a message via AIM to RaideRNatioN

check all your vaccum lines off of the manifold?

Keep working. Millions on welfare depend on you!
RaideRNatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
ochatesme

Little update on this, I went ahead and ordered a new evap pressure sensor from www.toyotaworld.com seeing as how the dealer wanted about $190 for it. My CEL came on again two days ago and instead of clearing the code like I usually I decided to ride it out and see if it goes away on its on. Well, it went away last night while I was at blockbuster, anyone know why the CEL would have cleared itself? I'm sure it'll come back on within a week or so.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
ochatesme

Final update for this thread. My new Evap Pressure Sensor came in last week and I've gone through about 3 tanks of gas without a CEL light. Hope this solves my issue.