NVTTORA Burro Wash Picnic-Meet & Greet. - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Nevada > Upcoming Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

My Rig: 2003
Talking NVTTORA Burro Wash Picnic-Meet & Greet.

Alright boys and girls. You asked for it, you got it!!

The Official NVTTORA Picnic/Meet & Greet!!!

Burro Wash seems to be a great place for something like this. Not this weekend though, as it is Memorial Day weekend, most of you are already going somewhere, or don't want to screw around with the 50 billion people who will be out on our roads and trails.

This was precipitated by Mauricio's (MooseTaco) inability to distinguish the difference between a trail/rock climbing run, and a good old fashion Fiesta.

So, before it gets too extremely hot, we'll hit up Burro Wash on the Colorado River.

This is part trail ride (because you have to take the trail to get to the water) and the other part is a Party.

We'll need volunteers. Someone or maybe a couple of guys who can bring out some BBQ grills. On something like this, I think that the full size grills would work better than the small table top ones.

We'll need to come up with a menu, or an idea of what everyone wants to bring to the party, ie: food, drinks, beer, chips, side dishes, paper ware (dishes, paper towels, cups), plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives), tables, shade tents (I have one), trash bags (we WILL NOT LITER), chairs, etc......

Also, someone to bring out some ice chests, extra ice (it will be hot), WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!

How does the first Sunday of June sound? That would be June 3 2007.

Meeting times and place to be determined.

This is something that we should be doing anyway, and it will give everybody a chance to get a little bit of wheeling in, but more important, get to know each other a little bit more.

I know that when we're out on the trails, our primary source of communication is the CB. This will give people the chance to bullshit with each other, if people like to fish, you can do that too.

You can also swim, jet ski, cliff dive (at your own risk).
Maybe someone can bring like a volley ball net, or a badminton net. Water polo maybe???

Like I mentioned above, you can also bring your Jet skis/Seadoos. Probably need to put them in the back of you truck though, as I think that it's a little too rough of a road to bring a trailer.

So, there you have it, let the ideas flow, and lets have fun.
No fucking bullshit whatsoever will be allowed. This is to be a fun event.

I'd like to see All NVTTORA members attend. Also, Hectors group is welcome, as am I and my Toyota120 group!

Update Edit:
We can meet up at the Rebel Station in Boulder City. Sunday June 3rd '07 @ 9:34 am - 10:11 am.

There's plenty of room there for everyone, and to top off your gas tanks if need be.
My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
Stuff to come, 4.56's fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...

Last edited by my034runner; 05-28-2007 at 01:25 AM.
my034runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
HMardueno

Christy and I are in!!! and probably my dad, mom and little sis! umm quick question can a Taco Pre-Runner (w/Rear Locker NOT a 4x4) make it through? and umm we got the Sodas! ALL THE SODAS!!! NO ONE ELSE BRING SODAS! ONLY MEEE!!! MEE I TELL YOU MEEEEEEEE!!! (Oh yeah I have to stop writting in caps Robert says I'm yelling!) so now I'll tell you guys quietly that I'll bring sodas! and now I'll just
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
crhannig
Veteran Member

My Rig: 2014 Tacoma
Send a message via AIM to crhannig Send a message via MSN to crhannig Send a message via Yahoo to crhannig

I am up for it. But I might be going to Sacromento or Reno to pick a 4Runner if everything goes well that weekend.

2014 Tacoma Double Cab- TRD (Stock for Now)

86 4Runner- Stubbs Welding Sliders, and OME 3" Lift for now...
crhannig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:01 AM   #4
jayfredweb
NVTTORA Member

I'm in...

Thanks for organizing this Robert!!!

Quote:
This is part trail ride (because you have to take the trail to get to the water) and the other part is a Party.
I'm confused?!?! The 4x4 trail still does go all the way to the water right????

Quote:
We'll need to come up with a menu, or an idea of what everyone wants to bring to the party, ie: food, drinks, beer, chips, side dishes, paper ware (dishes, paper towels, cups), plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives), tables, shade tents (I have one), trash bags (we WILL NOT LITER), chairs, etc......
Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!

http://mytoyota4x4pics.spaces.live.com/
jayfredweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
crhannig
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to crhannig Send a message via MSN to crhannig Send a message via Yahoo to crhannig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfredweb View Post
Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!
I agree Jason. Good catch

Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #6
crhannig
Veteran Member

Quote:

I think what Robert was saying was that this like a two part trip. There is the ride down to the water, and then there is the BBQ/Picnic

Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #7
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crhannig View Post
I am up for it. But I might be going to Sacramento or Reno to pick a 4Runner if everything goes well that weekend.

Did you finally find an automatic?

My034runner; SR5 V6 4x4, factory Nav. Icon CO's fr/2.5" piggyBacks rr, Custom rear coil, 20% over stock. Full BudBuilts, MagnaFlow, Optima RedTop/Bluetop, 285/75/r16's and AllPro sliders & upper links, KurtFab lower links, Engel MT60 fridge, ShrockWorks front bumper, MM E9000 winch. 15, 10 & 5# co-2 tanks! 4 IPF & 2 PIAA lights, Garmin 60Csx, Uniden CB, Wilson 1000 Yaesu FT60 2 meter. ARB lockers fr/rr
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
crhannig
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my034runner View Post
Did you finally find an automatic?

Yes a couple... Now back on topic.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #9
jdblatt
Veteran Member

Default Burro

"Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!"

That is the smartest thing anyone has said here in a long time.......Well stated J.

Carl Knows what I'm talking about......

Robert, Sounds like it might be a good time. I'll have to check to see if I can attend..
Old 05-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #10
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
I'm in...

Thanks for organizing this Robert!!!

No problem. Carl's idea.

I know I said that we need to take the trail to the Water!!!
Then we have party, then we drive back.

I'm not suggesting that we have a kegger, or a blown alcohol bash. But simply, that if someone wanted a couple of cold beers while we are there in the heat of the day, then maybe that's okay.

I'm not suggesting that we sit there a get shit faced.

I want people to bring their families too.

If you want to ban beer at the beach, I don't care. But if every-one's responsible, and we limit it just a few beers in the heat of the day, an NOT while driving, or to the point of being drunk, then I'm okay with that too.

Shit, I've had the same Heineken keg cans sitting in my fridge forever. Never drink them while driving, usually only when we're camping out.

My
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #11
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblatt View Post
"Not that I've ever witnessed any of our group getting out of control, but we still need to treat this as an official run. I believe beer and alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation at the picnic area, but the drivers will still have to drive out of the canyon safely. Let's not make this a booze-fest!!! Another time and another place maybe?!?!"

That is the smartest thing anyone has said here in a long time.......Well stated J.

Carl Knows what I'm talking about......

Robert, Sounds like it might be a good time. I'll have to check to see if I can attend..

Cool Jeff. Maybe we can get Mike and Andrea to come out too. I just saw them the other day at work, we talked for a while.

And yes, I agree with you on the beer, if everyone reads my last post, it was an idea for the picnic area only, and yes, in moderation. If someone wants to have a couple while we're there, shouldn't be a big deal.

Definitely NOT a kegger!!
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
jayfredweb
NVTTORA Member

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that we have a kegger, or a blown alcohol bash. But simply, that if someone wanted a couple of cold beers while we are there in the heat of the day, then maybe that's okay.

I'm not suggesting that we sit there a get shit faced.
If you want to ban beer at the beach, I don't care. But if every-one's responsible, and we limit it just a few beers in the heat of the day, an NOT while driving, or to the point of being drunk, then I'm okay with that too.
My
I like the fact that you are, kind of, separating this in to two events...

The trail run and the picnic.

That comment about the beer wasn't aimed at you Robert. I was just stating what needs to always be considered on the trail. If someone needs/wants a beer or two at the picnic to cool off, I have no problem with that! I love beer..., and I probably would enjoy some. I just don't want to promote or encourage driving under the influence. A kegger sounds great..., IF we were camping down there?!?! I certainly still enjoy getting shit faced every now and then...

Old 05-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
I like the fact that you are, kind of, separating this in to two events...

The trail run and the picnic.

That comment about the beer wasn't aimed at you Robert. I was just stating what needs to always be considered on the trail. If someone needs/wants a beer or two at the picnic to cool off, I have no problem with that! I love beer..., and I probably would enjoy some. I just don't want to promote or encourage driving under the influence. A kegger sounds great..., IF we were camping down there?!?! I certainly still enjoy getting shit faced every now and then...

I know it wasn't.
Well, if someone wants to camp out Saturday night............
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #14
camsbeoch

I can't go I will be ripping up the beach in baja mexico. the one weekend I go to mexico a year you guys plan this. If for some reason we went on the 10th then I would definitley be there..... what?? did someone say the 10th? why thats perfect I will be there. you guys rock!
camsbeoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #15
damaged110
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to damaged110
Default wash

i'll be there
damaged110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
toytonka

I'm in. We are working on the rest of the SCWFJs to get out there too. They seem to be afraid of you guys. I told them that if I can do it, they can too.

Right??

BFG All Terrains, Trail Gear Rock Sliders, Donahoe Lift, Flowmaster Exhaust
toytonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #17
hopper
Veteran Member

Figures im going out of town for that weekend.
hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #18
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytonka View Post
I'm in. We are working on the rest of the SCWFJs to get out there too. They seem to be afraid of you guys. I told them that if I can do it, they can too.

Right??

Why don't you do a poll or some shit, and find out Why they're afraid of us. I don't have a clue, other than we like to all get together and go out and wheel!!!

Damn, isn't that what we're supposed to do?
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
HMardueno

but I think the name NVTTORA and what they've seen "BAD ASS WHEELING kinda makes them say "HELL NO I'M NOT DOING THAT WITH MY FJ!" hahaha and well your rigs are a bit more agressive! I remember seeing DUNKs I was like "damn I hope that guy is not going wheeling with us!" and then he approached us and I was like "DAMN this is gonna be crazy!" but then you find out how cool this whole thing is! anyways cool bret told me the other day about this place and said he'd give me GPS cords... but now he'll be going too!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 PM   #20
HMardueno

[quote=HMardueno;863437]...umm quick question can a Taco Pre-Runner (w/Rear Locker NOT a 4x4) make it through?......QUOTE]

so can a Tacoma Pre-Runner with a rear Locker not a 4x4 make it? he has NITTO A/T tires? or must you have a 4x4?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #21
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

[quote=HMardueno;865101]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMardueno View Post
...umm quick question can a Taco PreRunner (w/Rear Locker NOT a 4x4) make it through?......QUOTE]

so can a Tacoma PreRunner with a rear Locker not a 4x4 make it? he has NITTO A/T tires? or must you have a 4x4?

He'd probably be okay. Might have a hard time getting out coming back up this on section, but I guess he could be strapped if need be.
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #22
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
but I think the name NVTTORA and what they've seen "BAD ASS WHEELING kinda makes them say "HELL NO I'M NOT DOING THAT WITH MY FJ!" hahaha and well your rigs are a bit more aggressive! I remember seeing DUNKs I was like "damn I hope that guy is not going wheeling with us!" and then he approached us and I was like "DAMN this is gonna be crazy!" but then you find out how cool this whole thing is! anyways cool Brett told me the other day about this place and said he'd give me GPS cords... but now he'll be going too!!!

Well that doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #23
toytonka

Talking

That's what we keep saying. None of that stuff makes sense. I was a bit intimidated at first, but once I met you all, you made me feel comfortable.

They'll come around.

Oh, and by the way, we did put a poll out there

BFG All Terrains, Trail Gear Rock Sliders, Donahoe Lift, Flowmaster Exhaust
toytonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #24
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytonka View Post
That's what we keep saying. None of that stuff makes sense. I was a bit intimidated at first, but once I met you all, you made me feel comfortable.

They'll come around.

Oh, and by the way, we did put a poll out there

Cool
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #25
jayfredweb
NVTTORA Member

[quote=my034runner;865247]
Quote:

He'd probably be okay. Might have a hard time getting out coming back up this on section, but I guess he could be strapped if need be.
I don't remember any one part that was particularly difficult. But..., it's been a while...

Old 05-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #26
my034runner
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....

[quote=jayfredweb;865825]
Quote:
I don't remember any one part that was particularly difficult. But..., it's been a while...

That's probably going to be the most difficult spot, going up that hill with the boulders.............

...Good Times!!!
NVTTORA Ex-Prez...
Old 05-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #27
jayfredweb
NVTTORA Member

[quote=my034runner;865969]
Quote:

That's probably going to be the most difficult spot, going up that hill with the boulders.............

...Good Times!!!
I'm still drawing a blank... But you know that route best!!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
HarderTaco

This sounds like a lot of fun! I've never been down to Burro Wash but have wanted to check it out for a long time. Elizabeth and I are in.

I don't have a grill but I'd like to bring some meat to grill, some Carona & limes and chips.
HarderTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #29
HMardueno

ok so who the heck is bringing what?!?!?!?! umm maybe start a list?
Old 05-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
crhannig
Veteran Member

[quote=jayfredweb;866054]
Quote:
I'm still drawing a blank... But you know that route best!!
The really long hill as you come back up the river...