Leer shell parts cheap? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > General Tech > Exterior/Paint/Body Panel Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
a31gun

Default Leer shell parts cheap?

I did what every camper owner does in their lifetime and that was shatter my rear glass. Bought the camper for $400 and my local (Oklahoma) Leer dealers want $300 for the glass. WTF? Anyone out there know of any sites with aftermarket shell parts? I've done some searching with no luck. Thanks, A31GUN
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
terryj5
15 Year Member Club

I have a Leer 100 LE, I think, bought in 99. It has the curved "no frame" glass. The glass was scratched at delivery and the dealer replaced it. I asked him what it was worth and he said $50. Of course that was a while ago, but could your $300 quote be for the window "assembly", with locks, hinges, gaskets and installation? Just a thought.

Wheeling Toyotas Since 1980, Owning Since 1983, Latest A 99 V6 TRD EXCAB and the wife's 08 4R
terryj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
a31gun

yeah, but all the Leer dealers told me that I have to buy the complete rear window assembly. I'll look around, thanks man
Old 01-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
taco1009

try a glass shop, most can cut a piece of plexi-glass. I paid 80 dollars for the sliding glass on my camper and they did all of the work.
taco1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
jvergos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a31gun View Post
I did what every camper owner does in their lifetime and that was shatter my rear glass. Bought the camper for $400 and my local (Oklahoma) Leer dealers want $300 for the glass. WTF? Anyone out there know of any sites with aftermarket shell parts? I've done some searching with no luck. Thanks, A31GUN
try giving these guys a call...helpd me out with a side window issue a while ago

http://www.kwikhitch.com/truckcaps/part.htm

STOCK!!!!
jvergos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
a31gun

My rear window has a hard curve on it. The glass places aren't helping me out with that at all. Can a plexi glass shop mold in the curve?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
taco1009

Default glass replacement

The shop that I went to (D&S glass) was able to fit the plexi for my side window which has a few hard curves in it. They cut out a general pattern for the plexi and then they took a belt sander and shaped the plexi to fit in the frame.
taco1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
VTgreen

My Rig: 2012 Tacoma TRD

I'm in the same boat.
Just bought a LEER 100LE from a local guy for $350, he shattered the back glass but gave me all the parts, told me he replaced it once before and a local accessory outlet (LEER dealer) sold him just the glass for $170.

I just called them and they quoted me $330! Guy said Leer refuses to sell just the glass, $330 was for the glass, lock, latch assembly. Apparently actuators do not come with it either, $12 bucks each. The actuators and glass are all I need! How frustrating.

So. I am also looking for a cheap parts source. Anyone else have any ideas?
Would it be worth calling LEER?

The link jvergos gave isn't working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I used a throttle body spacer, magnets, blow dryer in the intake mod, and I ripped my tailgate off. My truck now MAKES gasoline!!!
VTgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #9
a31gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTgreen View Post
I'm in the same boat.
Just bought a LEER 100LE from a local guy for $350, he shattered the back glass but gave me all the parts, told me he replaced it once before and a local accessory outlet (LEER dealer) sold him just the glass for $170.

I just called them and they quoted me $330! Guy said Leer refuses to sell just the glass, $330 was for the glass, lock, latch assembly. Apparently actuators do not come with it either, $12 bucks each. The actuators and glass are all I need! How frustrating.

So. I am also looking for a cheap parts source. Anyone else have any ideas?
Would it be worth calling LEER?

The link jvergos gave isn't working...
I tried to contact Leer about my problem and had no luck. I was told that I would have to get my glass from a Leer dealer. let me know if you get any answers.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
VTgreen

My Rig: 2012 Tacoma TRD

Talked to a local shop, they said that Leer upgraded their lock systems and they probably want everyone to upgrade... that's all I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I used a throttle body spacer, magnets, blow dryer in the intake mod, and I ripped my tailgate off. My truck now MAKES gasoline!!!
VTgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
adkfreeridex
Veteran Member

first off, leer has terrible customer service. they will not deal with you one on one. even if you have the reps number and try to deal with him about factory defect in the hinge mounts (mounted 1/2" too low) because your dealer went out of business since they suck so bad. second, i shattered my glass in february. it was 411.18$ installed. but insurance paid for it...did you try that route yet? i just had full glass coverage on the truck, and when i called the insurance company they said they covered my cap too...if in fact it was glass, not plexiglass.

edit: they change their locks, trim, latches and hinges every year...i have still not seen a 100xl exactly like mine. and i have had 3 rear doors so far (they tried to fix the fitment problem by me sending the shell back and they just installed a new door....turns out the holes for mounting the door to the fiberglass were 1/2" too low. which i fixed myself since leer was too incompetent and careless about my problem).
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
a31gun

Default Bought the glass

Went to an aftermarket truck store and ordered "just the glass" for 324.00. I ended up getting latches, lock, hinges, everything, but the keys to my new lock and the lifts. So now I'm at an issue with Leer trying to get my keys.

Leer did inform me that I would need new glass strikers where the latch catches, Leer--- 25.00 a piece, truck store--- 12.00 for both.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
tbassett

Default any body have one

i need the frame for my leer canopy not the glass and theres no way im paying 360 bucks for everything it can go with out for that price but any body have a extra frame e-mail me at trevorjohn777@msn.com
tbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
wing103

Hi anyone know how to install a actuator for the lock on the leer cab? I ask because I always forget to lock it! Please advice me any info!!!!
wing103 is offline   Reply With Quote