CoTTORA HOW = ime to make the welding happen! - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Regional Forums > By State > Colorado > Official Club Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Lysmachia
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Talking CoTTORA HOW = ime to make the welding happen!

Colorado House of Wrenching (HOW) at 119 and 1-25 - Longmont exit. A group of 13 of us took a general air welding class this morning and the HOW has access to as 110 MiG welder as well as plasma cutter, as well as Devin67 (Sean) - we just need one or either:

1) Get a 30 amp circuit into the garage

2) OR: Put in the 220.... (Stove with proper cable might work....)

3) OR: Put in the 220 in the electrical box outside. Any of you electrician's??

Practice makes perfect and my work has TONS of practice scrap. So on the Feb 9th HOW we'll see what we can do. If any members have auto darkening helmets - and all cotton smocks bring em.... Oh and CO/ Argon tanks!

Time to get the HOW in action aside from electrical!!! You know bumper fab, exo... etc

-Mols

It's getting to be about time we do this ourselves... but with lots of practice. Who's in??

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

Last edited by RedRunnertc; 01-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Lysmachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
Quick Draw
Veteran Member

My Rig: DORIS

My dad is a licensed master electrician... And he was talking about getting me to set you up with power. I have done lots of electrical, as you might imagine. You wouldn't get a licensed master electrician, but you sort of would.
Quick Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
fondigley
Veteran Member

No doubt, tis the time. We all need to practice welding laying down too. At least I want to before finishing my sliders. Want them puppies done and mounted soon.

But I have no idea about the electrical. I imagine it aint too hard, just need to be careful.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #4
Lysmachia
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
My dad is a licensed master electrician... And he was talking about getting me to set you up with power. I have done lots of electrical, as you might imagine. You wouldn't get a licensed master electrician, but you sort of would.
As long as we have him check your work, I'd be down with that

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
Old 01-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Quick Draw
Veteran Member

My Rig: DORIS

No trust, huh? Lol... I'll talk to him tonight.
Quick Draw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Lysmachia
Almost Out of 9 Lives

See we are RENTING this house. If there were to an electrical fire b/c of something that wasn;t to spec... we might be in big ol' trouble...

Quote:
Old 01-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
Avsfreak1234
Veteran Member

My Rig: 98 Taco, 35s n Stuff

I would be down for something like that! I dont know if I can make the 9th HOW but we'll see. I definately have a bumper fab project in my future (mine in design stage on Solid Works CAD software) and a slider fab project on a friends tundra!
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
Avsfreak1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
devinsixtyseven
Veteran Member

Let's doooo it!

If you can pick up a pigtail for the stove outlet I can bring the 6-50R...or just grab one at the hardware store, they're 10-15$.

A 6-50R only has three terminals, +110 -110 and GND. Your stove outlet probably has GND and a secondary that's normally tied to GND at the box. For the welder, just tie both to the GND in the 6-50R...but be sure you're using the right wire . My dryer outlet is a "code" 30A, I forget the NEMA designator, but the color coding on the pigtail wasn't what I thought it was at first.

I'll be finishing the truck this weekend, so no welder yet from me, but after it's rolling, we're cleaning the garage .

-Sean
devinsixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote