Time to Upgrade to a Full Size crew cab... but WHICH ONE?? - TTORA Forum
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders AssociationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Asso
ciationToyota Territory Off-Roaders Association

Go Back   TTORA Forum > Miscellaneous > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the TTORA Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ATTENTION: In an on-going effort to keep this forum spam free, the Forum Admin approves every new account before giving any posting rights to new users. Accounts are normally approved within 24 hours. Sorry for any inconvenience, but verification of every new account is what will continue to keep this forum spam free.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
justinsfa

Default Time to Upgrade to a Full Size crew cab... but WHICH ONE??

Well, the time has finally come for me to upgrade to a larger vehicle. The Tacoma just isn't practical for my line of work anymore. I spend 6+ hours a day in my vehicle, so I need something bigger and more comfortable.

Im going to keep my taco for a secondary vehicle to play around in, but need a crew cab truck for work. Ive been looking at the Tundras, Silverados, and F150s... im not much on the f150 due to lack of interior space and horsepower.

I like the way the silverado looks and the size of the bed, but it lacks interior space. The Tundra Crewmax is great on interior room, but short on bed space and it hasnt been around very long to get a good/bad long term reputation yet. Plus, i never thought i would say this, but it is actually a tad OVERPOWERED... the damn thing hauls ass even if you give it just a little bit of gas.

So, i guess what i am after is any pros or cons from owners of the crew cab silverado or the tundra crew max. Ive done the research on the statistics, but would like some personal insight from real owners... not salesman that are partial to thier product.

Thanks

Justin
Mont Belvieu, TX

justinsfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
swank501
Thank God 4 Every Day

You know, the new Tundra D-cab is a full four doors, it's just not the same space as the c-max. You can get the bigger bed too and a longbed if that aint enough. I have an 07 Tundra reg cab and I can tell you that it is definitely a smart choice. Smooth, quiet, and POWERFUL

besides, it's a Toyota
Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
justinsfa

eh, i have decided that interior room is more important because I spend so much time in it. I have a low-boy, so i can always hook up to that for extra room.

found any faults to the tundra yet???

JUSTIN
MONT BELVIEU, TX

justinsfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
flatlander
Veteran Member

Duramax. I prefer the single rear wheel. Has tons of room.

Present:1999 4Runner
Past:1982 SR5 4WD Reg Cab
Past:2002 D-Cab Taco

Past:1996 Reg Cab Taco

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT COPE?
BTW the transfer cases arent fighting, its dual.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
RaideRNatioN
SPEAK ENGLISH!

Send a message via AIM to RaideRNatioN

I havent. I have an 07 DC and it has plenty of rear room plus a good amount of bed space. It is a damn big truck!

Keep working. Millions on welfare depend on you!
RaideRNatioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
colorado125
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorado125

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsfa View Post
The Tundra Crewmax is great on interior room, but short on bed space and it hasnt been around very long to get a good/bad long term reputation yet. Plus, i never thought i would say this, but it is actually a tad OVERPOWERED... the damn thing hauls ass even if you give it just a little bit of gas.
You dont have to get the 5.7L. I'm almost positive you can get the 4.7 in that combo still.
2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
colorado125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
Son of Mayhem
Veteran Member

I haven't driven the 07 Tundra, but I like the ram 2500 crewcab with the Hemi, and the 06 Style 4 door Tundy Plenty of space, and pretty powerful
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Wgasa84
dreamin' about wheelin'

Send a message via AIM to Wgasa84 Send a message via MSN to Wgasa84

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsfa View Post
eh, i have decided that interior room is more important because I spend so much time in it. I have a low-boy, so i can always hook up to that for extra room.

found any faults to the tundra yet???

You will get the touchy throttle down. It' not that big of a deal. I'd rather have the power than not.

Do you need the extra room behind you or just around you in your imediate area? I love my D-Cab.
Almost 30K on it, aleast 5K towing 8,000lbs.
Only faults I have are the tailgate is separating at the seam, but it's very minor and the Dealership is looking into it. I also have a dash rattle/noise that I am going to have the dealership fix when it goes in for it's 30K service.

For a vehicle of it's size, power and 1st gear/axle ratio I'm very happy with its gas mileage. ~15 in the city/combined. 20 on the freeway. I have almost all of the fillups recorded so the data is pretty acurate! I didn't use the onboard MPG computer, though it's almost spot on. Ususally .2mpg off.

CA4WDC, BRC, and Tread Lightly
SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY AND THE HAMMERS!
Keep the effort alive! Get involved!

Spotters are for pussys!
Wgasa84 is offline   Reply With Quote