Guess what! - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Guess what!

I blew my motor!

Apparently even though you've been on a trail over 100 times and think you know it like your own... well... you know... It turns out what is supposed to be 6" deep water someone decided to dig out 3 feet deep! Nose goes down, water goes in, water does not compress and water finds it's way out by blowing a hole in the block.

I found a new motor just south of Dallas, TX that I'm hopefully going to go pick up next week during spring break then visit family in Dallas for a day or two. Because of this I have to sell my Jeep so I can afford to repair my truck. If anyone wants to buy a Jeep then let me know. Here is the ad...

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/2866136451.html

Don't mind the title. It's just flashy to attract more people.

By the way, I'm picking up my new motor in my mom's Honda CRV! Oh yeah!

Thanks guys!

-Joseph

2002 Tacoma with some dents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 05:47 AM

good luck with it all.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM

for real let me know if you need some help

1998 tacoma extended cab 2.7l 5spd-OME 882's-all pro std 3 inch rear kit-33x12.5 km2s-wheelers black type b's-clearanced bed and high clearance rear bumper-mossyrock sliders-trail gear low profile tube bumper-trail gear transmission crossmember/tcase skid-smittybilt xrc8 winch-custom snorkel-4.30's-elocker w/ skid-u bolt flip kit-2 lo mod

-Jordan

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Well I got the motor. It's all complete except for one of the cam gear keys but I picked one up for $1.36 at the dealership. I haven't compression tested it yet but I hope it test well. It came out of an S-Runner with a super charger. Sounds like it was a play toy so I'm hoping it was well maintained and low mileage. Compression test will determine whether I drop in or rebuild.

Jeep still for sale. It still needs to be sold either way so I can afford this whole ordeal. $3500obo. I'll take $3000 but tell people $3500 so I have a little fudge room.

2002 Tacoma with some dents.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 09:25 PM

good luc with it man!

1998 tacoma extended cab 2.7l 5spd-OME 882's-all pro std 3 inch rear kit-33x12.5 km2s-wheelers black type b's-clearanced bed and high clearance rear bumper-mossyrock sliders-trail gear low profile tube bumper-trail gear transmission crossmember/tcase skid-smittybilt xrc8 winch-custom snorkel-4.30's-elocker w/ skid-u bolt flip kit-2 lo mod

-Jordan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode