Anywhere good to go in the everglades? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Anywhere good to go in the everglades?

Taking a trip with the girl down from Orlando to the everglades may 16-19. I can look up all kinds of tourist crap to do and places to take drive/ take pictures - but anywhere that your van full of kids can't go that I can explore? Don't even know what its like down there (hence the trip)

We'll be staying in a Hotel in Naples and making day trips all weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Freaky - well, there's not really too many options as far as wheeling to be honest. Big Cypress is just down I75 from Naples and you can drive on some trails there, but I believe there is a $50 permit required for most of the "off road" type of trails and the last time I looked into it there were some serious restrictions on tire width. The other option which is also not that great is Corbett, but that would be quite a drive from Naples. We don't have any elevation changes down here, mostly just dirt trails with some mud holes thrown in. One thing that might be fun is to go and canoe in the everglades. You can do an overnite stay on a raised platform in the water called a chickee. I don't know of any trails over in Naples, perhaps someone else on the board knows.

88 4Runner, 33" Buckshot Mudders, FROR front bumper, Warn 9k.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Cory! I'd bet you couldn't find a mud hole in the Corbett at all now it's been really dry out here.

2015 Tacoma Double cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

I'll see what I can dig up about Big Cypress. Looks like it'll just be wildlife viewing on foot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode