Memorial Day Weekend - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Memorial Day Weekend

Just a heads up on an upcoming event. C&R Motorsports park is having a 4 day event. They are going to have John Anderson in concert on Saturday night. Price is $40.00 for the event. Caping is allowed. Check out www.crmotorsportspark.com for more info.

We already have about 10 trucks going in our group from Venice. I am staying Friday and Saturday night and leaving out on Sunday in the afternoon. THe place is well worth the drive from pretty much anywhere in south Florida.

If you hate mud than this is NOT the event for you. You WILL get stuck somewhere.

If anyone is interested in going let me know.

Later
Will
FL TTORA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

bump
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

WiLlDaBeAsT,
Thanks for keeping the FLTTORA "Southern Region" active.
Set me straight on this... after viewing the web site, it seems to me if any of us are running 33" or 35" tires just don't belong out there .

Looks like the smallest tire maybe a 40", are most trucks running 44" and up? I'm all for a good time, hanging out, having a beer or 14 , I just don't see much excitement/wheeling falling into someone's 60" rut after 5ft. looking for a way out (if you understand where I'm coming from).

Don't think I'm being sarcastic, I'm pleading ignorance here...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

I have a friend that goes out there he has 33s on his heep. Go and have fun! Just stay out of the deep stuff

Ryan

1991 SASed Extra Cab V6 Pickup

FL TTORA
www.gator4x4.com
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tense
WiLlDaBeAsT,
Thanks for keeping the FLTTORA "Southern Region" active.
Set me straight on this... after viewing the web site, it seems to me if any of us are running 33" or 35" tires just don't belong out there .

Looks like the smallest tire maybe a 40", are most trucks running 44" and up? I'm all for a good time, hanging out, having a beer or 14 , I just don't see much excitement/wheeling falling into someone's 60" rut after 5ft. looking for a way out (if you understand where I'm coming from).

Don't think I'm being sarcastic, I'm pleading ignorance here...
I'm trying to keep things rolling down here but there's not a whole lot of intrest. All I can say is it doesn't matter what size tire you got on your rig, you WILL find a place to have as much fun as you want. You can find as much trouble as you want as well. THese is everything from you're stock 2wd trucks all the way up to track buggies. THere must have been 500 plus trucks threre. You wheel a little sit and watch, if you're camping run back to camp hang out ...etc. Once you go you're hooked.

Like I said , I've been trying to get a few members to go but no luck. I've got a bunch of pics but I don't know how to post them up here.

Later
Will
FL TTORA
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member

WiLlDaBeAsT, did you go to C&R Motorsports park over Memorial Day weekend? If so, did any other TTORA members make it there? I was checking out the updated pictures on C&R Motorsports park's web site, Looks like they had a good turn out.

I would've liked to have gone, I had a busy weekend, son graduated high school on Thursday (big party), hung over friday. Went to Blizzard Beach (Disney World) Saturday for my daughters birthday.

Anyway, please keep us updated on the next outing. It would be sweet if I could talk Skip and Dave (Toyota's) from WPB, a neighbor with Chevy and my son's friend with a Dodge to take the drive over there. From my address this is the info from Map Quest; Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 14 minutes, Total Est. Distance: 112.19 miles (Shortest Distance). As you can see I would really need to do some good sweet talking.

-Chaz
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 10:57 PM

haven't been around on the boards much lately just wanted to ask been to
L-cross it has been cleaned up alot. they are usually not on the same weekends jason aldean just played there last month and kicked ass
anyway's what happened to all the free places like northport , yucca pen , & 82 flag pond ?? calossa jeepers still goes out off 82 and plays i believe some people even camp out there ... well I'll try to get on here more often and meet up with you guys some time....

john
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=2Tense]WiLlDaBeAsT, did you go to C&R Motorsports park over Memorial Day weekend? If so, did any other TTORA members make it there? I was checking out the updated pictures on C&R Motorsports park's web site, Looks like they had a good turn out.

I would've liked to have gone, I had a busy weekend, son graduated high school on Thursday (big party), hung over friday. Went to Blizzard Beach (Disney World) Saturday for my daughters birthday.

Anyway, please keep us updated on the next outing. It would be sweet if I could talk Skip and Dave (Toyota's) from WPB, a neighbor with Chevy and my son's friend with a Dodge to take the drive over there. From my address this is the info from Map Quest; Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 14 minutes, Total Est. Distance: 112.19 miles (Shortest Distance). As you can see I would really need to do some good sweet talking.

Yep, I was there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They had John Anderson in concert on Saturday night. Alot of good wheelin , mud ,water,etc. I did see alot of trucks stuck...lol I myself got into a few spots that required some work to recover the Tacoma. Alot of stock trucks out wheelin right next to the big boy's. The place changes as the weekend goes on. You get that many trucks beating up the mud in the holes, digging ruts etc....it get pretty nasty by Sunday.
The pics that they post are good but they don't do the place any justice. You just have to check it out to see what it's about. The night life is laid back. Can't wheel past dusk, but you can pretty much party till whenever.
It's worth the 3 hour drive for sure. It's even better if you go with a group of trucks that you know, makes the time out there more enjoyable.
No TTOra members that I noticed. I am trying to go for the 4th of July event. It is another 4 day event. My local group of trucks can range anywhere from 5 to as many as 15 trucks. I'd like to get some more FL TTORA trucks out there for a run some time.

Later
Will

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode