Cruznlife1 Weekend of installs - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Cruznlife1 Weekend of installs

Anthony is bringing quite a few suspension parts, body lift, locker and a stereo to the house this Saturday. We need to have all his upgrades installed by the end of this weekend in order for him to attend the campout.
So far it him, Szilard (Jeep), Rick (Chevy), myself and I believe Skip will make it also. Any other takers? (hint, hint, Paul, Cory, Dom) We have alot of work to do in a very short period of time, I have all the tools we'll need and if not Sears is open late

Last edited by 2Tense; 01-03-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Anthony, I have Toyota brake fluid for you, pick up three bottles of Mobil 1 75W-90 Synthetis gear lube (I have some to top you off). Kyle ordered the gaskets for the third members yesterday (one for you and Skip) we will have them by Friday. I also have the wire harness to plug the D1 into the Toyota stock stereo plug.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruznlife1
Chaz, if you were as anal as I thought you were, you be all over www.bobistheoilguy.com and you wouldnt be using mobil 1.... My truck is royal purpled front to back (except the diffs) right now....

Heres a question for you chaz, after looking at how the lockright works, I wonder if going with a HEAVY conventional gear oil would "cushion" it and quiet it down more.... Get what I'm saying, I've got some research to do before choose a fluid

Chaz you're gonna hate me, but I bought yet ANOTHER mod tonight I wanna do this weekend

And I bought some brake fluid anyways, my alcans came with new extended rear braided brake lines so I'll lose fluid when I swap those.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Use what ever oil you prefer... I use Mobil 1, bitch
What's the other mod you added to the list? a new clutch?

Last edited by 2Tense; 01-03-2007 at 07:59 PM.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member

O shit,

New clutch is next, I'm honestly doubting it's ability at the campout (it feels that bad) but I'm going regardless....

I'll probably do my "new mod" by myself it's a simple one, maybe I'll do it sunday, knowing me it'll probably take most of the day

But it's okay chaz, when we get up there, just sit back, I'll show you how it's done you
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member

Just a bunch-o-Bitches. I admire the attention to detail that you guys have. Once you mod your trucks enough you'll be changing gear oil once a month/ per ride. Synthetics are great. A quality shock proof oil will work great for your locright. My rear dif gear oil gets changed with my engine oil. You will notice that it is very dark not BLACK. Automatic lockers do this it is normal. Don't stress.

I would drive down to lend a hand but its my wedding anniversary on the 6th.
Good luck guys and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the camp out.

Neil

86 4Runner, SAS ,dual cases, 5.29, locked f&r, 36 sx's
Yes I wheel it.

www.neilfab.net
Neilfab Stuff

Tread Lightly P06-13986.indv
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Dom

Send a message via AIM to Dom
What day?? I may have Sat. morning free until like 2 or 3 pm...If so I can be there at 7am with no problem...Been very hectic around here for the past two weeks....Since we are on the topic of synthetics, at what mileage is a good time to chage the diff. fluid out to a synthetic?? I'm waiting until 10k for my engine, but don't know about the diff...

TLCA Member: #16831
2007 Ti. Silver FJ -Project "Trl Makr"
TLCA#16831
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM

Chaz,

Don't think I'm going to make it this Sat, but can you tell us what time to what time this little event is running? In case I am in the area I may swing by. I am definitely going to the campout, I bought a new much larger tent and queen sized air mattress, truck is running better than ever thanks to carb guru Neil.

88 4Runner, 33" Buckshot Mudders, FROR front bumper, Warn 9k.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to NESurfer
I might be able to be persuaded to lend a hand, I don't have anything planned that I can think of right now so chances are I'll be by, what time you starting..... actually nix that, I'll be by when I get up, you know saturday is my one day to catch up on my sleeping.

2000 XCab V6 3'' Cornfed Spacers 3" PA B/L 35x12.50x15 BFG A/T's on ProComp 1069 15x8 18" Magnaflow
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2343791
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

What time you want to start Chaz?? Call me tomorrow when you get a chance and we can finalize everything. Took me until today to finish the floor in my son's room between a New Years hang-over and a couple of Dr. appts this week I thought I'd never get done.

2015 Tacoma Double cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I would like to start around 9:00 am, we have alot to accomplish in a very short period of time.

Paul, get your sleep and call me when you get up.

Cory & Dom, if you decide/have time to help out, call me @561-239-6749 for directions.

Skip, your happy ass needs to show up I need my locker assistant.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tense
I would like to start around 9:00 am, we have alot to accomplish in a very short period of time.

Paul, get your sleep and call me when you get up.

Cory & Dom, if you decide/have time to help out, call me @561-239-6749 for directions.

Skip, your happy ass needs to show up I need my locker assistant.
I'll be there. Gotta prime and paint my bumper plate today. I'll start heading your way around 8:00 see ya then

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member

Chaz, do you need me to bring any extra air tools,torque wrench?

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Dom

Well just found out I have to go into work from 8 'til noon-ish...I might be able to make it up after that until the evening...I'll call you tomorrow late morning if I can come and help out...

TLCA#16831
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2003
Chaz, do you need me to bring any extra air tools,torque wrench?
I got it covered, thanks anyway... see ya in the morning.

Last edited by 2Tense; 01-05-2007 at 06:02 PM.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Well just found out I have to go into work from 8 'til noon-ish...I might be able to make it up after that until the evening...I'll call you tomorrow late morning if I can come and help out...
Please do (call), extra hands are always welcomed plus I want to check out your FJC. A rough location to my house is 441 & Palmetto Park Road, I'll PM you my address so you can Google Map it.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tense
Please do (call), extra hands are always welcomed plus I want to check out your FJC. A rough location to my house is 441 & Palmetto Park Road, I'll PM you my address so you can Google Map it.
Dude, just got your PM...You are like 5 mins. from where I work (Glades and Boca Rio)....If anything I can stop by and say hello to you all...

TLCA#16831
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

I guess I'll be the first too post. First off let me thank Chaz for having us and making it possible for it all to happen today.Second thanks for Pauls' help and Dom's help(again Dom pleasure to meet you & your bad ass FJ ). I don't think we did too bad for a complete lift install(coilovers,Alcan springs) and 2 lockright installs in 1 day. And let me thank Chaz personally for my Lockrite I could have not done it without you . Also,Anthony "L" is for drivers side and "R" is for passenger. DOH!!! Or as my 8 year old would say DUH DUH DA!! .Anthony get some pics up asap.

Last edited by Red2003; 01-06-2007 at 07:47 PM.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I had a GREAT time today, the cold beers were the final touch of the day

Anthony, hope you enjoy your modified rig, anytime you need my assistance just call.

Skip, I truly don't think I could have pulled this off without your help, THANK YOU! Enjoy the locker

Paul, thank you for showing up and wrenching away like you did, especially when we needed to swap the springs around.

Dom, that was awesome that you just stopped by and jumped in without really knowing any of us. Thank you, now we all just need to go wheeling together.

All photos below was taken by Kelly my 11 year old, the end results took too long for her so, we really don't have any finished pictures...

Last edited by 2Tense; 01-06-2007 at 08:56 PM.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

And finally the photographer
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Dom

Nice meetin' you all as well...Hell, I just wish I had more time to stick around and help you guys finish up both the rigs...Learned alot in a short time...Especially how important it is to read LABELS on shit!! Amazing how fast something can go back together when it's the second time doing it within the hr.!! Yes, we need to hit up Corbett or somewhere all together...Now I have to go order some more shit for the FJ so we can have a wrenching day for the FJ!!

TLCA#16831
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

You all spend too much time on the net, I went home and passed out before I could post

A BIG THANK YOU to Chaz, Skip, Dom, Paul, Rick, and I hope I'm not leaving anyone out... You guys are the greatest group I've been a part of so far, and I've been part of a couple forum clubs in my days. Never have I seen people so eager and willing to help. Thanks dom for driving me around in your badass FJ, a biggest THANK YOU to Skip and Chaz, I have so much respect for you two, and appreciate the help you guys have given me, and the open arm welcome you two gave me and everyone else you meet. Thanks again guys, if either of you guys need ANYTHING, ever, anytime, I drop what I'm doing and take care of you two the best I can. Thanks so much
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznlife1
You all spend too much time on the net, I went home and passed out before I could post

A BIG THANK YOU to Chaz, Skip, Dom, Paul, Rick, and I hope I'm not leaving anyone out... You guys are the greatest group I've been a part of so far, and I've been part of a couple forum clubs in my days. Never have I seen people so eager and willing to help. Thanks dom for driving me around in your badass FJ, a biggest THANK YOU to Skip and Chaz, I have so much respect for you two, and appreciate the help you guys have given me, and the open arm welcome you two gave me and everyone else you meet. Thanks again guys, if either of you guys need ANYTHING, ever, anytime, I drop what I'm doing and take care of you two the best I can. Thanks so much
You are very welcome Anthony, I'm sure I speak for Chaz in saying it's always good to take a young wheeler under our wings and teach him what we know as old timers and hope that they will do the same for a youngster in the future. Now get some DAM PICS UP!!!!

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Veteran Member

It's not pretty, I need to wash it, clay it, polish it, wax it, polish the wheels, tire shine it, and detail the undercarriage, it's been 2 weeks since the last time already. It's gettin ugly
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's not pretty, I need to wash it, clay it, polish it, wax it, polish the wheels, tire shine it, and detail the undercarriage, it's been 2 weeks since the last time already. It's gettin ugly
I'd bet there is some greasy finger prints too

post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2003
You are very welcome Anthony, I'm sure I speak for Chaz in saying it's always good to take a young wheeler under our wings and teach him what we know as old timers and hope that they will do the same for a youngster in the future. Now get some DAM PICS UP!!!!
Exactly... live, learn and help others...
Anthony, you're very welcome!
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

So much for going anywhere, skip I almost called you for help.... I got it stuck today.... My parents are having the pond filled in at their house off of pratt.... There was ALOT of deep soft sand and some dirt piles and little hills. I drove in in 2wd thinking it was gonna be CAKE.... I pulled in about 50 feet later I was stuck in 2wd, with the lift, tires, and both back wheels spinning away, I put it in 4 wheel drive, that one front passenger tire was clawing away, and I finally made it to a section of gravel and got out.... I can't beleive I almost got stuck..... That was my first locker test
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to nickcuban
any pics of the finished product???

STOP CALLING YOUR STOCK TRUCK WITH A 3" LIFT A 'RIG'. IT IS NOTHING SPECIAL, SO STOP!
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Dom

Quote:
So much for going anywhere, skip I almost called you for help.... I got it stuck today.... My parents are having the pond filled in at their house off of pratt.... There was ALOT of deep soft sand and some dirt piles and little hills. I drove in in 2wd thinking it was gonna be CAKE.... I pulled in about 50 feet later I was stuck in 2wd, with the lift, tires, and both back wheels spinning away, I put it in 4 wheel drive, that one front passenger tire was clawing away, and I finally made it to a section of gravel and got out.... I can't beleive I almost got stuck..... That was my first locker test
Guessin' it worked the?!?!

TLCA#16831
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcuban
any pics of the finished product???
this weekend, got more lift to put on. Shackles, and body lift. Needs another coat of wax and some wheel polish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode