panhandle beaches - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
OnlyHereForTheTires

Garage
panhandle beaches

we have to attend my sister's wedding in Navarre Beach, FL next weekend, and we're considering spending a couple extra days on a beach somewhere while we're down there... Because I'm in the wedding, my dad is covering our room for the weekend, but when they leave sunday, theres no way I'm paying 140/nt to stay in the same place on the bay side of navarre ... (call me cheap if ya want)

I like to stay in Mexico Beach, but for some reason my regular hotel wants 2x the price! (140 instead of 70/nt like I paid last summer!)

Im a little nervous to venture west, for fear that there might be some oil heading towards those beaches ... so do any of you guys have a suggestion on where to head that's pretty reasonable?

We're so used to camping that the idea of paying 100+/nt for a room is a little ridiculous! Plus so long as I don't see any bugs, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to the hotel

thx!

'14 Sequoia 4x4 Grocery-getting-baby-hauler
'89 4Runner... work in progress (retired)
5.29s, open/open
33" KM2s & Steelies, Sliders & Bumpers,
SoftTopper & Pink Stuff!
Unlifted, Unlocked, Unarmored, Chick Truck. <--clicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Darcy* View Post
we have to attend my sister's wedding in Navarre Beach, FL next weekend, and we're considering spending a couple extra days on a beach somewhere while we're down there... Because I'm in the wedding, my dad is covering our room for the weekend, but when they leave sunday, theres no way I'm paying 140/nt to stay in the same place on the bay side of navarre ... (call me cheap if ya want)

I like to stay in Mexico Beach, but for some reason my regular hotel wants 2x the price! (140 instead of 70/nt like I paid last summer!)

Im a little nervous to venture west, for fear that there might be some oil heading towards those beaches ... so do any of you guys have a suggestion on where to head that's pretty reasonable?

We're so used to camping that the idea of paying 100+/nt for a room is a little ridiculous! Plus so long as I don't see any bugs, I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to the hotel

thx!
I hear the price is skyrocketed because of all the oil cleanup workers taking up the hotels

-Chris
'99 Taco V6 4x4 Manual Everything
Rearranging Photobucket account- for broken pic links, PM me with link to thread
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
OnlyHereForTheTires

Garage
yeah, i was talking to colin about that ... he mentioned new orleans because we both have never been there, and i told him it was probably pretty packed with people who headed south in an attempt to "help" with the clean up.

we're also thinking of maybe just waiting it out and not making a reservation, because i have no idea how fast the oil is moving or where it'll be in a week and a half ... just driving the coastline til we find somewhere that looks decent enough to stay.

'14 Sequoia 4x4 Grocery-getting-baby-hauler
'89 4Runner... work in progress (retired)
5.29s, open/open
33" KM2s & Steelies, Sliders & Bumpers,
SoftTopper & Pink Stuff!
Unlifted, Unlocked, Unarmored, Chick Truck. <--clicky

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

GO back to your area!!! this chapter is for RAINSHINE peeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode