Well...all done. Still have the floor board wide open to keep an eye on shifter leaks and stuff. But other than that. She's all in.
Below are some pics but this is not a how to thread. I'm sure most of you know "how to" anyways.
First I marked up the holes that needed plugged and drilled out the hole that needed drilled.
Then I cleaned everything up, painted the surfaces with gasket maker, placed gasket in then bolted up tranny adapter.
Now on to t-case. That damn coupler was on there good.
Got the two cases ready, cleaned them up, sealed them, and bolted up.
Then prepared tranny. The pic below just shows the coupler. The seal extension has to go on yet. I had to plug the mount holes with JB cause they went the whole way through the housing.
Got a lil sloppy with the JB.
Then, lots of other steps but it's in:
So...Looks like it went flawlessly right? Think again. Let everything set overnight then I checked it all out for leaks in the morning. Low and behold, it was leaking between the two rear adapters. Why? Well, cause I forgot to fawking seal them.
Dropped the t-case, took off rear adapter, sealed it and re-installed. Good to go. Not so fast. when I installed the second time, I torqued the bottom bolts of the stock t-case first and worked my way up without checking shifter movement. Sure enough, it was misaligned just enough to block the shift rail. I was stuck in 4lo
So the next day, dropped t-case again, scraped, cleaned, re-sealed and re-installed. This time torquing the top two bolts next to shift rail to lock that in place...tested shifter movement then worked my way down to the other bolts. Everything is operating correctly now
Finally good to go. For real this time. I guess just rookie bonehead mistakes.
But I learned a lot and that's a good thing. Even though it was the hard way.