Bald Eagle State Park??? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Bald Eagle State Park???

Anyone been to Bald Eagle State Park? Me and the wifey are taking a weekend trip to do some hiking and scope out some fishing holes. Just wonderin if anyone had any insight, there seems to be a lot of territory and drivable trails in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to YotaFun Send a message via Yahoo to YotaFun
Where is that located?

Avdian (Avy, Av, , Eddie are some nick names)
97' SR5 4Runner, 3.4l, Auto, Sonoran Steel System 1.51, 4.30 E-locked - Current Trail Rig
97' Limited Edition 3.4l, Auto - Possible New Trail Rig
99' GTI 2.0 N/A, Auto, Black, - Beater DD - GONE!!
05' Camry 2.4, Auto, Red, - New DD Beater

Toyota Certified..... Yeah Right...
My truck is Avy Certified!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corax View Post
I'd be willing to bring a lawn chair and assume a "management" position for a little while
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

It's in central PA near State College. Looks like a good spot for some exploritory offroading , but nothing too technical. I'm leaving sat morning so if anyone could give me some info that would be great.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member

Its a great place for pics. I would like to go back in the fall. as far as wheeling, Its all fire roads. lots of fire roads.

To Alcohol!! The cause of, and solution to all of life's problems.
Homer Simpson
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

What about the hiking and fishing? Anyone got a story to tell?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Lots of hiking, but I dont fish.

To Alcohol!! The cause of, and solution to all of life's problems.
Homer Simpson
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

I love exploring new woodland areas.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

That's where my camp is. It's nice, there are some trails to go off onto, but becareful if you go onto a trail that was "not intended to be a trail" you will get a fine. Go out negro hollow its a nice trail with some rocks and mud holes. There are some trails off of this trail that were formed by the locals. You can use them, but you may get introuble if DCNR is around.

DJ
1996 Tacoma 4x4 std. cab, 4cyl, 5spd. Custom built front bumper, Demello rear wrap around bumper, trail gear sliders, 3in. pa body lift, 2.5" skyjacker front and rear extended shocks, skyjacker aal's, cragar soft 8 wheels, 35x12.50 bfg at's, 4.10's(was 3.58's ) Bling taillights and camo interior.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Hey ,thanks for the tip. It should be a good weekend of hiking and enjoying the out of doors. Any good fishing spots?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member

Make sure you go to Bald Eagle State Forest rather then Bald Eagle State Park. The forest is where you want to be for fishing, camping, and some beautiful views and the fire access roads, Otherwise you'll be making an hour trip to the place you want to be. There isn't much to see at the park. We were there almost two years ago and had a great time. Maybe we could hit it again in the spring. Here are the pics from that day.

http://3mphtoy.smugmug.com/gallery/1...ZmewK#95995174

Pete
+ + + =

+ = NOTHING!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

You could fish the Poe Patty Lake at Poe Valley State park. We used to go swimming at R.B. Winter state park, but i saw some people fishing. They are both in/near Bald eagle state forest.

DJ
1996 Tacoma 4x4 std. cab, 4cyl, 5spd. Custom built front bumper, Demello rear wrap around bumper, trail gear sliders, 3in. pa body lift, 2.5" skyjacker front and rear extended shocks, skyjacker aal's, cragar soft 8 wheels, 35x12.50 bfg at's, 4.10's(was 3.58's ) Bling taillights and camo interior.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and the pics. Yeah we're going to the forest not the state park. I downloaded a good map off the DNCR website so I've got a good lay of the land to start. Where is that tunnel located at?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Just thought I would let everyone know how the trip was. The state forest was a great spot for hiking and fishing. As for the wheeling,there was a lot of fire roads but also a lot of drivable trails. It's a great spot for us green trailers and guys with not so capable rigs. We were going to hit the negro hollow trail but it was full of DEEP water holes, and we were wheelin solo, so we decided not. We did tackle a couple other trails however and it was a blast! If anyone would like to take a trip sometime let me know and maybe we can plan something. I would like to post my pics but I suck at this hi-tec computer gadgetry, but I will give it a shot, otherwise there are some pics posted up in the test section of the forum. Later
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Just thought I would let everyone know how the trip was. The state forest was a great spot for hiking and fishing. As for the wheeling,there was a lot of fire roads but also a lot of drivable trails. It's a great spot for us green trailers and guys with not so capable rigs. We were going to hit the negro hollow trail but it was full of DEEP water holes, and we were wheelin solo, so we decided not. We did tackle a couple other trails however and it was a blast! If anyone would like to take a trip sometime let me know and maybe we can plan something. I would like to post my pics but I suck at this hi-tec computer gadgetry, but I will give it a shot, otherwise there are some pics posted up in the test section of the forum. Later
It's good to hear that you had some fun. I hit up negro hollow solo right after a rain storm when I was last up. I had fun.

It wasn't too bad.

DJ
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

I'd hit some trails up there with you one day. I have to see what's up with my new job, but i may be available one weekend in the near future. Let me know if you want to do some light wheeling up there.

DJ
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that would be good. My truck is mostly stock ,and my DD, so I didn't want to beat it up too bad. I bottomed out on one mud hole and that was enough for me to back off a bit. There is an ass load of terrain out there and walking out was not on the agenda. Just didn't feel too comfortable going solo into an unknown area. Maybe we can get some more people together and make a weekend out of it.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Yeah that would be good. My truck is mostly stock ,and my DD, so I didn't want to beat it up too bad. I bottomed out on one mud hole and that was enough for me to back off a bit. There is an ass load of terrain out there and walking out was not on the agenda. Just didn't feel too comfortable going solo into an unknown area. Maybe we can get some more people together and make a weekend out of it.
I know what you mean. The first time I went out there I bottomed out and stalled in one of the holes. I saw smoke and was worried. It ended up I was smoking the tires. I backed off because I was worried. Once I went back I was fine.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? and how far are you from bald eagle?

DJ
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm about 2.5 hours from the state forest. Just turned 35 but my wife says I act like a 16 year old. I'm down for some mild wheelin and throwin back some cold ones.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

I would be up for some light wheelin' on the 12 or the 19th if you want to? I have to find out about work though. I should know by thurs.

DJ
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Those dates are possible. I'm going to Rausch Creek this weekend, so if we go the 12th that will be 3 weekends in a row of wheelin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode