question: front license plate - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Question question: front license plate

I'm looking to see if someone can point me to the thread Eric (fjcruzer) posted of the Colorado Motor Vehicle statutes? I'm looking to see if there is a specific place that the front license plate needs to be displayed. I'm going to install a front ARB bumper, so don't know where the best place for the plate would be.

I tried to do a search, but it doesn't seem to work. IDK

Thanks.
Jim

2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Dbl Cab Long Bed
3" Revtek lift, 16x8 Eagle Alloys, 285/75R16 G/Y DuraTrac, Shrockworks Sliders, Cobra 75WX ST CB, BudBuilt Skid Plates, Daystar Rear Bumper Guard, ARB front Bull Bar, Warn 9.5 XP winch, CO2 tank, Yaesu VX-6R Dual-Band Ham radio.

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

http://www.sharetrails.org/

“Preserving Our Natural Resources FOR The Public, Instead Of FROM The Public!”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
It needs to be mounted to the front of the rig. I haven't had one for years and got pulled over on i25 once. You can use mag light clamps and a piece of metal and clamp it to a roller fairlead. That's my plan anyways

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

I havent had one on mine in years and never had a problem. so if you even have one I wouldnt worry too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00regcab View Post
See, my mom is actually good for something other than being a prostitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

I've been running without one too and havn't had an issue yet. I also don't have a rear plate light and for the longest time had really bad/hardly visible front turn signals. Others run around with no fenders...I don't think cops care too much unless your doing something else wrong (like speeding) or if the cop happens to hate the world that day.

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Title 42, Article 3, Section 202

"(2) (a) Every number plate shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle to which it is assigned, so as to prevent the plate from swinging, and shall be horizontal at a height not less than twelve inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of such plate, in a place and position to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained free from foreign materials and in a condition to be clearly legible."

It's not terribly picky. As for whether you need one or not, it depends on where you are and your luck. I know people who went for years with no front plate and never had an issue. I did it for a few months at least. I also know more than one person who has been pulled over twice in the same day for no front plate. Not cited for, pulled over for - as in they weren't speeding and pulled over for that, the primary reason for the stop was no front plate.

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see where the best place to mount it would be. I think it would be a ticket for sure in Denver!

2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Dbl Cab Long Bed
3" Revtek lift, 16x8 Eagle Alloys, 285/75R16 G/Y DuraTrac, Shrockworks Sliders, Cobra 75WX ST CB, BudBuilt Skid Plates, Daystar Rear Bumper Guard, ARB front Bull Bar, Warn 9.5 XP winch, CO2 tank, Yaesu VX-6R Dual-Band Ham radio.

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

http://www.sharetrails.org/

“Preserving Our Natural Resources FOR The Public, Instead Of FROM The Public!”
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Front plate is required in Colorado.

I've been pulled over for it 4 times (and i still dont run one ), 3 of which resulting in no seat belt tickets.

Funny thing is, i've been harassed for it more in my tacoma than i ever was in my civic.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 PM

When my truck was registered in Colorado it was ticketed for no front plate while parked on a street. Complete and utter totalitarian revenuing bullshit.

2002 TOYOTA TACOMA EXT CAB 3.4 4X4 AUTO TRD. 5.29s, ARB RD90, SAW 2.5LT COs w/700# coils, Camburg UCAs, Alcan 8 leaf rear, Bilstein 5125, Tundra brake mod, TOYO M/T 255/85r16, Scangauge II, @ 77k miles
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
When my truck was registered in Colorado it was ticketed for no front plate while parked on a street. Complete and utter totalitarian revenuing bullshit.
This is what I was going to say. If you park on the street in Denver, have a front plate mounted where it's supposed to be (not the windshield) or expect a ticket.

I haven't had one in years.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Didn't run one for a bit. Only got pulled over once in old town fort collins at 2am because they were looking for drunks. My take is mount it somewhere. Unless you park in denver or boulder you likely won't get tickets but why give the cops a reason to stop you whenever they feel like it.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode