Need mechanic or toyota guru to fix my truck - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Need mechanic or toyota guru to fix my truck

Hey I have a 03 Tacoma 2wd(Srunner). I bought the truck supercharged and then had it turbod. Now its back to stock but does not run at all. I had another daily driver but I am selling it so I need the truck fixed.
The harness is all hacked up since I had a megasquirt standalone on it. I took it to the dealership and they said I need new sparkplugs, wires, MAF, coilpacks and they think my harness needs to be replaced.
I soldered all the wires on the harness back together, not sure what I could have missed.
It tries starting but its rich and dies. Also seems to be misfiring. I need someone to look at it and see if they can figure it out. It has all new wires, MAF, coilpacks, plugs. Not sure what CELs its showing since I cant take it anywhere to get it looked at.
If you know of any good shops that can fix Toyotas in the Fort Collins area let me know.
I am located in Cheyenne but I can trailer the truck to wherever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to minerdude1
Damn man, I would start with trying to find a new engine harness. That will be the easiest and quickest fix than trying to chase down a wiring problem. I would check yota jims to see if he had one, he has tons of parts like that and may have some pre-runner stuff. That will also be the cheapest option. People who are good at electrical stuff usually charge out the ass to diagnose stuff, and since yours has been previously hacked up It makes it even harder to find the problem/or probably in your case, problemS, plural...

1989 ex cab Yota pickup
-3.4 swap, dual cases
-SAS
-35" BFG KM2 tires
-custom rear plate bumper
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerdude1 View Post
Damn man, I would start with trying to find a new engine harness. That will be the easiest and quickest fix than trying to chase down a wiring problem. I would check yota jims to see if he had one, he has tons of parts like that and may have some pre-runner stuff. That will also be the cheapest option. People who are good at electrical stuff usually charge out the ass to diagnose stuff, and since yours has been previously hacked up It makes it even harder to find the problem/or probably in your case, problemS, plural...
I talked to a guy on craigslist about making me a harness, its way cheaper than the dealers. I will check yota jims(never hear of him). I also have a 5spd so the prerunners harness will not work. I believe its either the harness or ECU and neither are cheap
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
That sucks! I wish I was giving up this fj harness. Where are you located? Maybe once I get it pulled the rest of the way you can look at it to make sure your starting at square one.

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Looks like YotaJims has a good selection, I will call them today.
I am located in Cheyenne.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode