Auto Body/Paint shop in front range? Suggestions? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Auto Body/Paint shop in front range? Suggestions?

Hey all, I used the search function but for some reason it's not letting me search. I need to get my truck painted, and I don't have an area to do it myself. Plus I'd rather just pay a little more for a better job.

Truck is a 2004 Double Cab Taco.

I am looking to a body shop or paint shop in the front range area. I would like to have my truck painted desert tan. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on shops or places that could help me out?

Let me know what you all think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
You can go high end perfect paint with a shop like SVE in Broomfield you can go to a regular run of the mill production shop like Abra. You can find someone to do it and chance what you get....If your not worried about perfect maaco...I also know a few guys who have shops... Id say id shoot it but i dont have a shop anymore.

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwfastg60 View Post
You can go high end perfect paint with a shop like SVE in Broomfield you can go to a regular run of the mill production shop like Abra. You can find someone to do it and chance what you get....If your not worried about perfect maaco...I also know a few guys who have shops... Id say id shoot it but i dont have a shop anymore.
Thank you for the info. i would say I'm more worried about the prep job because I have small little surface rust areas, but I can't take care of them myself. I want to make sure they aren't going to try and screw me and just paint right over it.

What kind of prices do you think I'm looking at for each of those options? Any ideas?

thanks again!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member

i took the car to golden coach works... he does all the repairs on the stuff at work and honestly, ive seen alot of rv body work and his is awesome... that said his car work is such that the side he fixed looks better than the stock side on my 7 month old car.

a while back i asked him about how much stuff was to respray... his number without looking was a few hundred a panel, but that it depended on prep needed. gives you something to go by....

99 Taco with 5 inches of lift and some toys....
12 Jetta TDI that the wife commandeered
03 Silverado tow pig double extra long green edition
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
i took the car to golden coach works... he does all the repairs on the stuff at work and honestly, ive seen alot of rv body work and his is awesome... that said his car work is such that the side he fixed looks better than the stock side on my 7 month old car.

a while back i asked him about how much stuff was to respray... his number without looking was a few hundred a panel, but that it depended on prep needed. gives you something to go by....
wow! that is way more than I was expecting... I mean heck I could maybe to the prep myself, no primer or anything, maybe just sand it down or something. I was hoping to get in around like $600 or so... Thanks for the info though, kind of puts me in my place about what I thought I could get for my Thanks!

Any other people out there?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
If you wanna spend 600 Maaco is your best bet. I think the nice option may be higher then that but idk I have never used em. I'd say a decent job no jams would be 1500 ish. That's basic prep and a ding or 2. Rust is a price hike and so is damage. Just a guess.

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

sounds in line.... the more prep/fixing the more it is....

oh and colors can affect the price.... the truck white is like 22 a quart.... the car is about 130

99 Taco with 5 inches of lift and some toys....
12 Jetta TDI that the wife commandeered
03 Silverado tow pig double extra long green edition
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
sounds in line.... the more prep/fixing the more it is....

oh and colors can affect the price.... the truck white is like 22 a quart.... the car is about 130
Hmmm sounds like I will need to do some research. I'm thinking I can save some money by dont having them pait the hood or the inside of the bed. The bed is getting line-x and hood is going black because I can do that by myself and I could care less if it doesn't match. If I can save some from them not painting it. Thanks for all the help guys, Ill try and post up here what happens in a couple months or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode