bilstein 5100 fit issues - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

bilstein 5100 fit issues

I finally got a set of bilsteins for my rear 88 4runner. The problem is the shock bushing eye holes are too narrow to fit over the stock mounts on the frame and on the stock ubolt plate. Is this normal? I've seen friends rigs who put their rear shocks in a / \ configuration by welding shock mount tabs on the housing and not sure if they run a bar between the fame for the top mount or use the existing bar that is already bracing the frame. Is that the bar people use? and Does your exhaust get in the way when doing this?
Thanks,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALoo View Post
I've seen friends rigs who put their rear shocks in a / \ configuration by welding shock mount tabs on the housing and not sure if they run a bar between the fame for the top mount or use the existing bar that is already bracing the frame. Is that the bar people use? and Does your exhaust get in the way when doing this?
Thanks,
Alan
Not sure if this will help but what I had done on my rig was weld a new cross member for the upper shock mounts, and had custom exhaust put in.

I don't know if you go with a /\ configuration if the stock exhaust would become an issue or not. I guess it depends on how far to the center of your rig the upper shock mounts will be, if you have shock reservoirs that can't be relocated (which shouldn't be an issue with the 5100s), where the stock exhaust is located, and where you plan to locate the lower shock mounts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Veteran Member

https://www.marlincrawler.com/suspen...-shock-bushing

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTCO
If you build an F-Toy it better be the Toyota motor home class, because your going to be living in it! Your wife would kill you if took on that big of a project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyota26
Yeah it needs more troyangulation
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

This looks like less work for a solution.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode