got the dreaded strawberry milkshake - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

got the dreaded strawberry milkshake

Today, my 3rd gen runner started to overheat. I pulled over and shut it down immediately. I popped the hood and started looking around. I let it cool and reluctantly pulled the radiator cap and saw that there was no coolant in the radiator. I pulled the trans dipstick and there it stood, the dreaded pinkish brownish muck they call the milkshake. Luckily for me orange crusher and felix went out of their way to help me out and towed the runner home. Ashley (fellix) is a beast behind the wheel when shes towing a rig ha ha. Many many thanks to her for taking time out to drive to crushers work (twice) and come get us with the trailer.

I drained the trans, and it was nothing short of a mochachino coming out of the pan. Started to drop the trans pan to hopefully get lucky with just a system flush, but got stuck on the sway bar that doesn't want to loosen up for me. I intended to replace the radiator and do a new trans cooler years ago, but "never got around to it" now im in for some serious repairs if flushing it doesn't work.

poop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 PM
#1 cruiser

Just glad we could help! Ash is also a beast when wheeling! I hope the flush will be all it needs! If you need anymore help let me know.

Felix is my Hero!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Awe thanks guys! Well we hope for the best.

Felix the Hilux
79' Toy, linked front and rear, King coils, chevy 4.3, duals, 37s, locked toy axles, custom bed and interior.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

im going to give it another go tomorrow after work and see if I can get some progress with removing or loosening the sway bar to fully remove the trans pan. its such a mess in the pan, and under the truck that im not expecting much of a miracle. the crappy part is either way, I need to buy a new radiator and trans cooler in order to try and flush the engine and trans. no matter how I slice it, im gonna be in it for a few hundred bucks just to figure out where it stands. time will tell I guess. man I miss my old houses garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode