New to TTORA - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

New to TTORA

Hey All,
I recently joined ttora and figured I ought post here aswell. I don't reside in CO, but just across the boarder in Moab UT. I own a 07 Tacoma, TRD Offroad, Access cab, 4L (1GR-FE), 6 spd (manual). Out of the box stock besides BFG all-terrain T/A KO (stock size), TSB 4 leaf stack, Tool box.

I'm looking into a 2" lift but the whole vib thing has got me thinking... more on that later and elsewhere.

Let me know if anyone is heading out here for some wheelin' If i can get time off from my job(s) I'd love to rally some moderate terrain with you all.

Later,
Meesh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome. Hey check out our "Official Club Events" folder. We've got a trip planned out to Moab (when don't we?) at the end of May. It would be great if you could join us.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:42 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Heya Meesh. A real Moab Local? LOL Thought they were fictional. What do ya do in Moab?

Looking forward to meeting you!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

sweet! its nice to get to know another person in moab (i know one already). hopefully we'll all be out there again soon.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
ike
Veteran Member

hopefully we see you wheeling in moab in the near future.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Heya Meesh. A real Moab Local? LOL Thought they were fictional. What do ya do in Moab?

Looking forward to meeting you!
There are a few of us locals here, we tend to hide out the first of may through bout mid november. The most taxing though is july and august...not only is it HOT its EURO...

I work at the Times Independent (local paper) I run the presses and write from time to time, I also teach at the high school (one class a day... career goal is full time). Summers I supliment my income working for a local outfitter driving boats (motor, row and paddle, class III - V white water) and Hummer tours (H1s). 4 jobs is about standard here in moab, Living in paradise does in fact come with a price tag.

truth be told... i live in the suburbs of moab. My girlfriend and I live in a 500 sqft garage in castle valley (20 miles east of moab off SR 128). we are hoping to begin construction on a house with in the next 12 months or so. I dream of pulling the truck into (what is currently) my living room work on her in relative warmth and comfort. its rather rustic out here on the "homestead".

I look forward to meeting you all this spring, hopefully a few days on the trail, at least a beer or to in town.

Meesh

PS How do ya know its spring in moab?

The license plates turn green...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

welcome

4xinnovations sliders,lockers, Ome 881's,
Rear 63" chevys , Arb front bumper,
Custom rear bumper, winch, Natebuilt skids and some other stuff
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member

meesh, welcome.

I think you will find that you've just become everyone's best friend.

Got a couch? LOL Totally kidding. You'll love it here.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member

I gotta admit, I was hoping the words "guest house you can use with a 4 bay garage" were gonna be mentioned somewhere...

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh View Post

that's funny!

Welcome! We'll be sure to look you up when we head out and at least have a few beers.

de∑gen∑er∑ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh View Post

Yeah yeah, that's what Wyoming says too...

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Awesome, well The locals I have talked to all say what you just did. It aint easy making a living there but it is worth it. We are talking about hitting up the river when we are out in May. Might have to chat you up on that. Some of us are river rats as well.

It will be nice to meet you for sure. And when you need to get outta the heat in the summer come and visit us in the colo mountains!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

We're in that region a lot...last weekend we hiked Fisher Towers, Negro Bill Canyon and some other stuff, only had the car, but with the truck we tend to range further south and west...Elk Mountain, Beef Basin, Needles, Dark Canyon, Maze and stuff. You'd probably enjoy it, it's usually moderate wheeling and overland stuff with a lot of scenery and hiking.

-Sean

'00 Project, constant state of (d)evolution
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

welcome!! i've considered working in moab or at least trying to! lol i remember talking to the bartender at zaks, he told me he does tours, ranger work, and bar tends..... i asked him if it was worth it. faster than super man he said yes! lol so its one of the reasons i took a bartending class

if i move out of denver i might be headed up to vernel to do valve work i heard its like moab just less tourism and more "hills have eyes" kinda people
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

You gonna start taking banjo lessons then?

'00 Project, constant state of (d)evolution
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

"i got blistas on me finga's!!!!"
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
In Rememberance

Oh there are some good quotes that we use in Moab country from the movie "The Hills Have Eyes"

Wut.... is the first that somes to mind....

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

"I gotta admit, I was hoping the words "guest house you can use with a 4 bay garage" were gonna be mentioned somewhere..."

RedRunnertc, you've gotten me confused with one of those 2nd home owners. I'd love to offer my garage up for wrenching...I'd have to move the couch and TV outside. I've got a 9' wide by 8' tall hole in the southwest wall currently patched with 3/4" cdx. In the next year or so I'd love to through a garage door in and move out (into the house I have yet to build)... I do have a carport, compressor, airtools etc., if anyone needs em, just bring some of that REAL beer.

I skimmed some of your moab outing thread...13 pages and its only January. A bit of feedback. the end of may will likely be pretty damned warm. I'd plan for mid to upper 90s, but you may be lucky. I perfer march and april. It may snow and the winds can relocate your camp while your out on the trail, those 70 degree sunny days in the desert cant be beat. I wouldnt plan on hiking any distance, though the weather has a tendency to suprise. That being said, as devinsixtyseven noted there is some pretty cool walking to be done. Ruin park and beef basin are great places to check (really short walks to intact ruins) FYI becarefull with dogs in the backcountry of the national parks. They aren't allowed off pavement. That being said a friends hound has made over 5 runs through Cataract Canyon with us...

Speaking of the river I wouldnt get your hopes op for good tubing. 48 hours before you are swimming in it your buddies were skiing on it. Catch my meaning. The end of may ought be highwater. check the gage (www.usgs.gov/water) anything over 20,000cfs on the Daily section is pretty fun (in a boat, less fun in the water)

Finally, (dont mean to be so damn long winded) I like the idea of an overland trip. I'm not set up serious wheeling, and find my enjoyment on multiday tours. I'm planning a trip through the maze in march. If anyone has made a run over there and has input let me know. We are planning on driving dirt from Green River... hitting horse shoe canyon, maze overlook, harvest scene and exiting at hite. Still have to check permits. Also may try to get a White Rim trip togather for Feb. I've allways wanted to hike into the Lower Basins (accessed through white crack)...
Gotta get ready for work...
Meesh

Edit: the link to the water site was incorrect. Try this one...
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/rt

Last edited by meesh; 01-23-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: incorrect URL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode