1996 Taco "Jade" - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

1996 Taco "Jade"

I posted this in the relocating thread but wanted to start another one with a pic of the Tacoma.
What it is:
1996 Xtra Cab LX
SAS with front D44 locked, rear 12 bolt spooled
36" TSL S/X Swampers for offroad 35" BFG AT/KO's for street use
Custom front and rear bumpers along with custom sliders
Misc performance mods, minimal dents/dings and lots of tree pinstripping

Next up on the list of mods is swapping the oil pan from the front sump to rear sump and replacing the drag link. I have all the parts for the pan swap but will have to get the drag link built. I would like to do the hi-steer mod while Im in there, the front D44 already has the flat top knuckles so it wouldnt take much to pull it off. Im sure there is a shop somewhere in COS that can build the drag link and I can get the needed parts for the hi-steer off the Colorado K5 board. (the axles are out of a 75 K5 Blazer) Before anyone asks, the tubes have been swapped to the correct diff drop and trussed for strength. It should be able to take all I want to dish out and then some. I dont want to do the crazy trails, just some of the tougher scenic ones. Im not a hardcore crawler, atleast not at this point!! LOL!!
Anyways, just wanted to post a pic, the major mods done to the truck and the little bit that I have in store for it SOON so you all know I dont web-wheel an imaginary Tacoma... Looking forward to seeing yall on a COLORADO trail soon!!!!!!!

Steve Rhoads
96 Taco Xtra Cab with a mile long goodies list
2002 Z71 Suburban - His
2001 4x4 Tahoe - Hers
Former Prez of DFW TX4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Nice rig.

It's a shame it wouln't be capable enough to do the trails that we do here in Colorado and Moab.

Ha Ha Ha.

2000 4Runner.

3rd gen 4runner fuel tank skidplates http://lilskipsoffroad.wordpress.com/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Nice Rig Steve... But you need to invest in a digital camera... LOL (No worries we'll get enough pics of you soon enough). Is the same of your Rig "Jade"? We have a user on here named Jade (His user name too) Funny as hell guy too. He eats his own boogers even!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

There is a funny story behind that pic... I had a digital camera, a nice Sony, but it was all the way in Tulsa and I was in Hot Springs. Desperate times call for disposable camera's!! LOL!!
On a side note, I recently got a SWEET Canon Vixia HG20 HD camcorder with a 60gb hard drive that takes 3.1mp stills too. Its small and does double duty. I figure since we have the blue ray player and an 1080p HD tv might as well get the HD recorder too... I can shoot stills in good enough resolution for websites and stuff while being able to shoot HD video with the same small camera. It will be sweet to take on wheelin trips, vacations, or camping trips to capture all those WTF moments in HD! With this camcorder I should be up to speed for atleast a month or two...
And yes, the truck is named Jade. Been that way since I got it in 99... Since the paint is Jade green it just made seemed right. Besides the fact that I needed a mistress type name for the "other woman"!!

Steve Rhoads
96 Taco Xtra Cab with a mile long goodies list
2002 Z71 Suburban - His
2001 4x4 Tahoe - Hers
Former Prez of DFW TX4WD
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Welcome to CoTTORA

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode