Hello! - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Talking Hello!

Hello my name is Lauren! I'm currently stuck living in Utah with my dad due to the military. Nice being closer to Moab but everything else is lame. I've lived in Colorado Springs most of my life and we'll be moving back this June.

My dad and I have been wheeling for many years. We had a small group of Toyota's that we hung out with (group leader was named T-Bone, had a red 4Runner and was a twin. Not sure if any of you knew/know him.) Some of you might have seen us before in our 85 gold 4Runner. Used to go everywhere in that thing, sadly its been sold. Our new crawler (also my college truck) is a 98 Tacoma that we bought about a week ago. We just got the suspension and lift delivered today. We go to the Easter Jeep every year so we are trying to put it together real fast to bring it. Last year was awful because we had no rig. Hells Revenge just isnt as fun on an ATV.

I've been a passenger most of my rock crawling life and now I want to get serious into driving. I can't wait to get started.

I believe we are going to Moab on the 8th of April.

Happy to be a part of CoTTORA and hope to see some of you on the trails!

Click image for larger version

Name:	taco1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	17876

Click image for larger version

Name:	BothCars010.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	17877
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Welcome! CoTTORA is da bomb as far as state clubs go! Where in Utah do you currently live?

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Lauren, hey! You joined.... and holy crap....I forgot to return your email! Sorry! And you got a truck. That's awesome. It looks very familar..

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Molly- Currently living in Kaysville/Farmington which is just above Salt Lake City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
Lauren, hey! You joined.... and holy crap....I forgot to return your email! Sorry! And you got a truck. That's awesome. It looks very familar..
I thought you died or something! Or figured you thought I was some creepy stalker.

I was looking through the member list at all the pictures and I stopped at one and said to my dad "Hey, this one looks just like ours...sweet!" I didn't realise till later it was yours. Ironic.

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Oh I feel terrible for not returning your email. Yeah, I've been really busy lately with my knee surgery. I've been studying like crazy to catch back up in school. I remember seeing your email right before I went out the door one day, and planned to reply when I got back home. And then I guess I just forgot about it. Uggh...so sorry...

Well you'll have to wheel with us this summer. Does that Tacoma technically belong to your dad or you? Because I remember you saying that you both wanted one. Doing any campus or CO visits anytime soon?

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Both of our names are on the title but technically it's mine. I'm the one going to be driving it for the next four years.

He wants something a little older that he can fix up. I think though that after the four or so years of college, when I graduate I'll get myself something nice like a brand new Tacoma and turn this one into a full fledge crawler.

I don't have any CO or campus visits planned at the moment. Other than having to go back to take those college placement tests or whatever they are sometime in the future. I remember reading that somewhere but not sure when that is.

How have you been doing?

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Tell ya what, I'm going to send you a private message, so we don't clutter up you're welcome thread here. Lol I check this site way more often than my email, so this is a good place to stay in touch.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Welcome- I am new here too, but it looks like a good place to be!

Nice Tacoma!

P

Phil

94 4Runner SR5
04 Acura TL
2008 little girl- requires frequent maintenance

It's like you keep talkin about gorgonzola cheese when it is clearly bree time baby ~ Harland Williams as "the hitcher"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member

welcome. looks like ur in the right place!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Welcome, look forward to wheeling with you in the future!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member

Nice wheels! We'll be in Moab the last weekend in May, first week of June.

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 06:10 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Welcome to CoTTORA

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome!

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 06:24 PM

Welcome. I think I remember your 85. Too bad you sold it, but nice Taco
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to COttora. Look forward to seeing you on the trail sometime!

97 Tacoma ext cab. 3.4 V6, 5spd, 4.88's Kazuma lsd rear, Bilstein adjustable's 2.5" lift up front, Skyjacker 3" rear, All Pro uca's, Skid row armor, FROR rear bumper, BFG km2's 255/85/16.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like many already know you. I'm sure we'll run into eachother on the trail eventually. Welcome.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to poorboyota26
Welcome. Saw your YouTube vid.

86 runner
Rebuilt 22re, r151, ep9.0, 31's, addicted front bumper
04 Tacoma DC with custom body work
Dreams of owning a fzj80, fj60, fj45 troopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Yea, 2 days later and I still feel like a sack of assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Leary ExPo
Years from now, when we are dead and gone... the roaches will be driving little Toyotas with 3.4s.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to DriftinCO
Well hurry up and get back to Colorado! Let us know when you're in the area visiting colleges.

Over 50 years of quality products.
http://http://www.amway.com/
BrianKellyGauck
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyRunner1 View Post
Welcome. I think I remember your 85. Too bad you sold it, but nice Taco
We came to the conclusion that it was just too pretty to beat up. Not to mention a few fincancial issues. I do miss it but I'm sure the person we sold it too is out wheeling it. We made sure we sold it to somebody who would use it to its potential.

Thanks for the awesome welcome everyone!

Ah yes my youtube vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfRdOKKlMk I'm doing a really lame video blog of building up the taco. Still need to edit and upload more stuff which I should get to soon.

An update though on the Taco...we managed to finish the back end yesterday night (new leafs and shocks) and it looks awesome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode