Might as well say hello - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Might as well say hello

Hello,

Been a member for a few years but finally have a nice reason to participate in all the fun.

Just got her this week.

My last truck was a full size diesel. It was badly hurt in the hail storm a few months ago so instead of fixing it I sold it and bought a Taco.

Once i get the finances in line (Buying a house this week also) than i will start on some mods.

Also, I'm big into snowmobiling and just started dirtbiking so if anybody wants to ride let me know

thanks chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Purdy, why did you want the sport TRD? Any specific reason? I like the color matched bumpers. I dislike the no e-locker on the sport. Very nice truck!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

I'm not much of an offroader (that's what the dirtbike is for) and i'll admit that i think it looks pretty bad a$$. So my desicion was based off looks not function which makes me a poser

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:40 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Welcome to CoTTORA

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18seeds View Post
I'm not much of an offroader (that's what the dirtbike is for) and i'll admit that i think it looks pretty bad a$$. So my desicion was based off looks not function which makes me a poser
Admitting you have a problem is the first step

Welcome.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
Admitting you have a problem is the first step

Welcome.
So true, so true! WELCOME Btw...

I love that gunmetal grey.

And yes I love to snowmachine it, but haven't done it in years. You got 1 or 2 sleds... cuz I have a killer cabin up hall valley (off 285 near kenosha pass) that in the winter you can only get to on a snow machine, or snowshoes/ski's....

Sorry this photo cracks me up. My sister is such a dork.

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 10:54 AM

Sweet cabin, Molly. My ex's dad had a cabin outside of Ned similar to that (on land with a fucking real, live gold mine). I miss the cabin...not the ex.

Welcome, Chris. I'm new here, too.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
This cabin is actually on Forest Service land. When my brother found it about 25 years ago (On his snow machine while trapping was in vogue) He sort of adopted it. Our whole family restores it by schlepping a bunch of wood up and lexan to redo the roof with sky-lights. We put in the 55 gallon drum stove (took out the old POS little stove) and made some natural wood cabinets for canned goods. A bear would always break through the heavy plastic and chicken wire every spring so we had to constantly repair those. Then we found out the cabin was on a mining claim that had back taxes. So we paid those and legally owned it for about 6 years. But we never locked it because we knew the people who already had stumbled across it would just break in. We left a journal there that is still there to this day (I think it is on a second book). The big problem was the more that people stumbled across this cabin the more they told their friends. Pretty soon we would go up and people would already be there. We had to explain that I was the "Molly" in the log Book and the "Steve" was my brother who found it... The other thing we did is every fall we would go up and cut a bunch of wood for the winter. We would always ask vistors to contribute. They never did. Then we would go int he winter and the wood would be all gone and the Maul we left there would be stolen... Blah Blah Blah.

At any rate with all the traffic, and then the land was surveyed and we found out the mining claim was 100 feet off from the cabin (GPS got better) we gave up the claim and basically stopped going to it, for about 7 years. Then 3 years ago I went back up with my sister and Troy. It was still in decent shape and the forest service was allowing it to be used (There was now a plaquard that showed it was on forest service property with an acknowlegment of thanks to the mysterious family that fixed it up) Some stuff was shitty, people carving their names in the wood and writing 420 everywhere, lack of fire wood but other than that it's cool.

(Our solution to the wood problem when you can drive there)

Winter is the best time to go now because it is hard to reach. You have to snowshoe or ski at least 6 miles with a 3,000 foot elevation gain. I'm just not up for that any more. We used to have a snow machine back in the day and that was how we got there, but don't have one anymore....

So there is the Story of the Houck Cabin!

Oh and don't forget this pic of the crazy axe murderer that is our CoTTORA Prez (Troy aka RedrunnerTC)

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to 4Runner_Girl Send a message via MSN to 4Runner_Girl
Welcome...nice taco!

Yeah I am a girl can you handle it?
~Silly boys trucks are for girls~
~Samantha~
aka Sam, 4Runner girl...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to DriftinCO
Let's see how many members can find 18seeds truck, take their picture with it and post it here. I know I'll be looking for it!

Over 50 years of quality products.
http://http://www.amway.com/
BrianKellyGauck
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
(Our solution to the wood problem when you can drive there)
This method is a lot easier when you've already smashed out the rear windows on your 2nd gen runner....

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:27 PM
In Rememberance

LOL yes very True!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

Nice truck, congrats! I went with the long bed, easier for the dirt bikes to fit.

2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Dbl Cab Long Bed
3" Revtek lift, 16x8 Eagle Alloys, 285/75R16 G/Y DuraTrac, Shrockworks Sliders, Cobra 75WX ST CB, BudBuilt Skid Plates, Daystar Rear Bumper Guard, ARB front Bull Bar, Warn 9.5 XP winch, CO2 tank, Yaesu VX-6R Dual-Band Ham radio.

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

http://www.sharetrails.org/

“Preserving Our Natural Resources FOR The Public, Instead Of FROM The Public!”
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Welcome to the club!
Molly, Nice job with the cabin. Thanks for the hard work - I'll have to go take a look see one of these days. And I don't even know what to say about the firewood hauler. (hand on forehead, turning side to side)

Tom
I felt like yesterday.
I feel like today.
TomorrowI'll be !

-1999 Sr5 ext. cab. 2.7L, 3" susp. lift, 2" body lift, 31" Yokos. New motor 8/09.
-1983 Custom Cab restoration project. Finally got one after searching for 6-7 years! 3/10
-1983 Short Bed "Old Yeller". 22r, 31" tires, suspect 3" lift, purchased 11/09, 196,000 miles. LOTS of fun to drive!
-1990 Heep YJ plow vehicle.
-1995 Suzuki Swift. 45MPG!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode