Moving to Boulder this tuesday - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Moving to Boulder this tuesday

Hey everyone, I am going to be arriving in boulder this coming tuesday to start my new job. Im going to be living in southeast boulder and was planning on some sort of bbq to meet some local wheelers and maybe have a tech day (got a 2 car garage and plenty of street parking).

Im bringing out my 07 taco with extended icons, TC UCA's, alcan leaf pack and icon extended rears all sitting on some 16x8 teflons with km2's. Also JUST today picked up an 87 SAS runner, caged, locked f/r on 35's. All it needs is some longs and it should be good to go, plan on a dual xfer case setup in the near future. So when is the next wheelin trip!?!

Also wondering if anyone rides single track or street? I have a cbr and an 86 triumph bonnie bobber. AAAAND would love to shoot some prarie dogs.

Here is the 07 and the 87

before the new wheels/tires

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Welcome to CoTTORA. Next trip is sunday on spring creek. Be sure to check the plan a trail run thread for trips. I ride a ninja 650r.

Hope to see you on the trail soon!

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
Welcome to the site! Im tryin to round up some people to go out this weekend.... Everything i drive is onroad except the fj,the truck and the maxima LOL

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kappes03
Welcome, nice rigs. I had an 03 CBR but it got stolen a few months ago This BBQ gonna be on a weekend as I don't have these so called weekends. Anyway, take care.
-Kap
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Damn your 1st gen is wicked sexy!!! Would love to meet ya before Troy and I officially move to Houston at the end of the month....

What's yer job? And where'd ya come from!

That stinger on the 1st gen is perfect for the dirty Boulder Hippies.... (I can say that I was born and raised there)!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 AM

Welcome! Diggin that 1st gen. I don't ride anymore but do love me some shootin.

'93 Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
But again if you get snarky I will kick some ass.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

welcome! I wouldnt say your from boulder too loudly around here, ike and mrdoug dont like boulderites! jk

Welcome, Im in boulder too and would love to meet up when you get in and bbq, wheel, or go shooting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00regcab View Post
See, my mom is actually good for something other than being a prostitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes! Im coming from Nyc, by way of north carolina, before that savannah ga and before that fort myers florida.. I have been moving alot haha.

Im coming out to work at Crispin Porter + Bogusky.

I would love to make the trip this weekend but I wont be out there until this coming tuesday. Might take me a week or two to get settled but I will post up on here for the bbq. Are there any places somewhat close to go shoot some prarie dogs?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

not legally, but they are a problem everywhere. if you are in south boulder the grassland just south of town is infested, as are a few pockets north of boulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00regcab View Post
See, my mom is actually good for something other than being a prostitute.
Quote:
allow me to help with the mind-fuck ...
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

welcome. Nice rig's, lookin forward to seein them out on the trail.

As for shootin the disease invested prairie dogs... you can't in Boulder, the hippies have labeled them as endangered or some stupid shit like that. Hell, they'd probably have a protest rally.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

How about somewhere near boulder? Haha. I don't mind driving a bit for some fun.

Also, anyone on here fly fish?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
You'll have better luck shooting varmit up in Wyoming where they encourage it... Or stop by some farms and ranches and see if they need some help. Often they will take you up on it. I used to have to shoot the praire dog when I was younger because the horses would break their legs in the holes!

I don't fly fish but my dad lives and breathes by it. He is up up in Steamboat where some of the best fly fishing in colorado is. I know one or 2 other guys on here do.

And looks like you'll be working out of Gunbarrel! DevinSixtySeven (Sean) works over there as well.

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Check this out for a run later in Aug:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...un-anyone.html

On the TW forums some meets get setup. Like others have posted check out the Plan a Trail Run section, sometimes runs are posted last minute.

255/85 16 KM2s, CBI rear tube bumper, Eaton LSD, 2.5" lift
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to minerdude1
Welcome! You have some nice rigs. I have a SAS 89 pickup, and my 03 Ducati Monster for my toys as well as some nice rifles including my AR-15 varmint rifle Post up if you find some nice places for P-dogs

1989 ex cab Yota pickup
-3.4 swap, dual cases
-SAS
-35" BFG KM2 tires
-custom rear plate bumper
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

I dunno, dusk in the Open Space with nightvision and a pellet gun?

Yeah, I work in The Middle Of Nowhere. Not a bad place, if your only criteria are low rent and a Boulder address.

Right now I just web wheel, but you do need at least one locker to make it through the General Bullshit section on the national forum, so I'm keepin my skills honed .

'00 Project, constant state of (d)evolution
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
In Rememberance

Quote:
Right now I just web wheel, but you do need at least one locker to make it through the General Bullshit section on the national forum, so I'm keepin my skills honed .
So fucking true!!!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Welcome to Co and the club, great people here and we're all pretty active. Always something going on (even though ike hasn't go this monthly M&G Posted up for this month yet )
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

So I'm sitting in st Louis in a grimey hotel on my drive out to boulder. Just getting stoked looking at past run pictures from y'all. One thing came to my attention... My lack of knowledge in rockcrawling.. I have done all my wheeling in Florida, Georgia and north Carolina... All of which have nearly no rockcrawling and mostly mud. Somewhat the reason for getting the runner (to not destroy my dd truck). Anyone up for a run in the next 2-3 weeks to get me acquainted with rocks?
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:22 PM
In Rememberance

I'm sure we can arrange something

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member

Im down man! were planning on a camping trip for laborday to wheeler lake and and another one soon. do you have facebook? "facebook.com/RGriffiths.co" hit me up.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 AM
ike
Veteran Member

There will be plenty of runs over the next month, just watch the plan a trail run folder.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Found you on fb. I really want to check out wheeler lake. Do u know the altitude it's at? Might be some cutthroat in there if it's cold enough! I will def jump in on the planned trips, but I want to get the hang of rocks before so I don't slow everyone down.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

wheeler lake is a great trail! one of my favorites since i ran it 2 years ago with quick draw. id be happy to tag along or lead a way! haha

one thing you will have to learn comming from from the mud is that almost all of the time, if you get hung up, more throttle doesnt help! haha i still have that bad habit comming from wheeling the muddy hills of NY
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
one thing you will have to learn comming from from the mud is that almost all of the time, if you get hung up, more throttle doesnt help! haha i still have that bad habit comming from wheeling the muddy hills of NY
X2... that'll probably be the thing that pisses you off about us. We'll make fun of you throttle jocky's and start taking bets on what you break first. But be assured, when you do break whatever, we'll help you replace/repair. There's a time and place for the random bump, but it's a last resort, not a standard approach to wheelin (unless you have the gripless MTZ's in which case wheel spin doesn't hurt since they'll never get enough traction to hurt anything ).

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly man most of the guys on here are slow wheelers. Today our group got split in 2 the faster moving guys led and the slower guys like myself hung back. It gave us a chance to play a bit too. My GF is posting pics in a few minutes

Its all about having fun and running things you didnt think your truck would do in the firstplace. I was amazed with my truck running the same trail again today and pushing just a bit harder then before and winding up with better results. You will learn when to hit the gas and when to let off and then hit it again....one of the best things for that is snow wheeling. Its slick and traction is hard to find but you can find it and its not all skinny pedal. Its alot of threshold traction and momentum.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to DriftinCO
You'll get the hang of it from this group. When I got out here I had a totally stock truck and NO zero zip zilch experience. The COTTORA folks carry that legacy forward with each new member. Trust your spotter! 8^)

Over 50 years of quality products.
http://http://www.amway.com/
BrianKellyGauck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode