Moving to Boulder in a few weeks - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xlususx
Moving to Boulder in a few weeks

Hey all,

I'm moving from Chicago to Boulder in the next few weeks. I'm really excited about this change since my Tacoma hasn't been off-road much since the TTORA jamboree in PA in 2005 right after I bought it. I loved wheelin from the first time I did it but life and work got in the way of me doing it much and then I moved to Chicago. Now that I'm going to be out in CO I'm looking forward to maybe getting out there and having some fun or just chillin with some cool people. I don't know too many people in the area, just a few old friends from growing up. My job has my traveling constantly so I'm gone a lot but whenever I'm home I have nothing to do. Can't wait to be out there and I look forward to wheelin with y'all in the future.

Cheers.
-kris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Boulder is a Great Area to live, im at the south end right now by table mesa and i love it here...although commuting to denver every day is kinda getting old but oh well! but when you get here if you ever wanna go wheeling or if you snowboard dont hesitate to shoot me a message or post on the boards im sure people would be more than willing to go me included! GL with your move! and btw what kinda work you do that has you traveling so much?

2003 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L 5-spd, Deckplate mod, grey wire mod, SAW 2.5's & Camburg UCA's up front, AP 3" leafs w/ 5125's out back, sitting on 285's,TG rear bumper, AOR Front Bumper and TG sliders (SOLD)
1997 Lexus LX 450 armored, Lifted, 3xlocked and of course snorkeled
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hey, another gold-ish Tacoma! What are the odds? I swear Toyota had a surplus of that color and just hosed the crap outta the Tacos...

Pre-welcome to Colorado; the sign at the eastern border is inaccurate... that is NOT "colorful Colorado". It's an extension of Kansas; flat, boring and crappy. Once you hit the mountains is where Colorado really begins.

Welcome at any rate, let's go wheel.

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

and I have the stickers to prove it

Anti Bro Lightbar Soceity founder

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

DH, I'll definitely hit you up for snowboarding! I'm not really moving out with much of anything and it has already crossed my mind what I should do first: buy furniture or go snowboarding. Right snowboarding is the definite front runner. My new place is in North Boulder but I was looking around the Table Mesa area. The reason I travel so much is because I work in Remote Sports Broadcasting, so I have to travel to all the events.

Wakk, my Tacoma is actually silver. It had a couple of weeks worths of California desert dirt on it when those pics were taken.

I'm hoping to be moved out there by the 12th. So hopefully I'll be seeing y'all soon.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Finally made it out here and actually around for a few days. Looking to go snowboarding this week. Where would you guys recommend? I'll probably be going midweek. Do the places around here offer midweek deals? Also, if anyone wants to join me let me know. I'm pretty open for my schedule so any day this week works for me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
I'm riding vail tomorrow. Text me. I'll be up there by 8am.

Seven2zero9fiveonetwenty3thirtyfive
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to vwfastg60
Welcome, My girl works in boulder. I hate that place most of the time. We live out in Firestone(under 30 minutes east of you) and spend a bunch of time in longmont(15-12minutes east of you) Hit me up if you wanna wheel or whatever. We should do a north GTG.

87 Dlx Longbed mall crawler
93 c3500 lowerthanstockdually
10 jaguar xf- about to be forsale
04 760li on 22's- soon to be forsale
02 Vette to show the world I'm compensating-forsale
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

I've heard that now a few times... About people not liking Boulder. I'm curious as to why that is. I'm pretty uninformed about most of Colorado, in general, and fairly arbitrarily chose to move to Boulder. What do people not like about Boulder? Can any add some insight?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

I think it's mostly it's because of the hippies and the ultra lib's looking down their nose at anybody not following the latest "save the earth and society" trends.
All in all, I don't think it's a bad place to hang out, but I haven't lived there.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Boulder, to me, is a giant strip mall.

glad ya made it safely.

I'm going to Eldora Saturday to ski for work, and then probably Keystone next Wednesday and somewhere during the weekend.

I am General Corrosion

Corrosion: - 97 4runner 2.7 (fat and slow) lost but not forgotten
Shorter Bus: - 98 taco 2.7 300k miles (fat, old and slow) lost but not forgotten
Short Round: - 97 single cab (2' of sheet metal) Now doing pizza delivery
Too nice: - 99 4runner 3.4 5spd ski/expo wagon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode