not so new member in the springs - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

not so new member in the springs

so i've been in the springs for a while and i actually came here with a first gen tacoma that was a pre runner with a drop bracket lift... it wasnt locked and it made driving in the snow next to impossible so i got rid of it. fast forward a few years and im back in a tacoma. i did it right this time with a 4x4. i've been semi active on the tacomaworld threads and lurked around here a little bit. i was approched this past weekend by another member and i figured i would give it a go on here. a little about my truck... its a white '12 access cab. OME lift all the way around with a CBI high clearence bumper with swing out. i got some sliders from BAMF, front skid from relentless and i have a front bumper coming at some point from them too. sits on some KMC addicts wrapped in 285 KM2's. i've been out on a few trails but nothing too crazy... i would say hackett gulch is probably worst ive done, except for some rock patches on a trail that meets up with rampart range road just south of castle rock. look forward to getting out some more this year coming up. sorry for the long intro post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
#1 cruiser

Welcome! That was me that approched you the other day. Glad your going to give it a try. Post some pics of your rig cause its a SWEET ride!

Felix is my Hero!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Welcome to the springs! If I ya see a guy in an old grey toy 4x4 wavin at ya its me. Any other mods coming up?

94 Toy Truck. 187:1

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome to the Springs; give a shout if you need installation help... there are a few folks around here with the right stuff.

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

and I have the stickers to prove it

Anti Bro Lightbar Soceity founder
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
#1 cruiser

When he says a few he just means himself...

Felix is my Hero!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome guys... only mods i really have coming up is my front bumper and winch and maybe a few small things. i really want to get wheeling this summer. i went out in feb with some guys from work and ended up screwing up my upper control arms so im a little timid on the snow and mud again... but after i get my winch on i'll be pretty set on doing some more technical runs. i'll have to get a few pics up like you said... im also surprised at how many awesome rigs are out here and how very few of them are on here or TW. actually last weekend before orange crusher saw me i must have seen 5-7 nice rigs driving around the north side. i guess im gonna just have to get a sticker to help spread the word!

oh i also saw on the CoTTORA.org that theres a meet and greet or something scheduled in a few weeks... whats that all about? is it acutally happening?

edit: i just added a few pics in the profile area...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome! I'm orange crusher's wife, it was nice meeting you. Yep Meet and Greet on May 5th in the offical events thread. Also for trails planned this year there is the calendar on the main page that is updated. Post up any trails your wanting to run this year in general discussions there is a thread on which trails people want to run.
Nice truck! Can't wait to see it in action.

Felix the Hilux
79' Toy, linked front and rear, King coils, chevy 4.3, duals, 37s, locked toy axles, custom bed and interior.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

so where do the meet and greets usually happen? i tried to drill in on the details but it didnt really elaborate.... it was nice to meet you guys too
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
#1 cruiser

Just depends. Alot of the time we go to rocky mountain brewery. They arent open on Sundays so might be old chicago. Any place you like to go?

Felix is my Hero!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode