Possibly moving to CO later this year - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Possibly moving to CO later this year

Hey everyone, first post here. My military contract ending in December and Im not moving back to California, so far im trying to convince the wife to move to denver, hear its a nice place with good hunting, fishing, and mostly trails. Owned few yotas before and currently an 88 xtra cab 3.0 V6 5 speed. Just wondering on what goes down up there, how are neighborhoods, what kind of trails are out there, weather and all that good stuff. So if anyone would mind helping out a possibly new colorado reasident I would appreciate it much. thanks

FYI im currently in Montana and cold weather not new to me anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum/Colorado! Looks like there's a few potential future residents; hopefully we can get together and hit some trails. For an extensive list of trails in Colorado, visit traildamage.com .

As far as neighborhoods are concerned, I'd suggest checking out local news station websites along with the newspaper's. I live in Colorado Springs which is about an hour south of Denver; so I can't say one way or another about the Denver area but there are plenty of northerners who can contribute.

Weather can be crazy; this month we've had snow into the second week of May, but last year it was really really dry... and half of the state seemed to be on fire. Water restrictions and burn bans are common, smoking isn't allowed in Boulder and the eastern half of Colorado is as boring as Kansas. Depending on the county, there aren't vehicle inspections or emissions either; not sure how Montana handles that.

But aside from that, Colorado is a pretty awesome state to live in.

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

and I have the stickers to prove it

Anti Bro Lightbar Soceity founder
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome!

I live in Thornton, a Northeast Denver Metro area.

The neighborhood here is pretty descent. It has its usual issues, so it's no Pleasentville, but at the same time it's not Detroit.

Its usually sunny here 300 days of the year. During the winter we get hit by occasional big storms, but the snow will usually melt and be gone in a week. Summers get pretty hot, so crank that AC.

I have the same year and model truck you have, only slightly tweaked. If your rig is still stockish there are plenty beginning to intermediate trails your rig can do.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

I'm from Los Angeles so I've been around some bad areas and emission laws, nothing new to me including high temperatures.

As far as my truck, currently 2wd until I get a new front diff, and a head gasket(no surprise there). Until then just sitting in my garage. Sad days

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode