Young kid and the Old Taco from SoCol - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Young kid and the Old Taco from SoCol

Hey guys, my names Tristan. I'm 19 and I'm in Pueblo West, Colorado. I've had my license for about a year and a half now, I've been driving my Tacoma the whole time. It was passed down to me from my dad. Still runs strong and feels like new! Everything is all original except starter and cluch.

- 1998 SR5 Xtra Cab
- 300k Miles
- V6 4x4 with Rear Diff Lock

- For its 300k mark I'm gonna do my baby up good. Yesterday I bought some newer and nicer Toyota wheels. Soon I want to put a 3 inch lift and throw some 32s on it. I also need to replace the rear lights and upgrade the headlights, as well as fix all the body damage I have dealt on her most likely get a paint job as well.

- I really like the expedition look and feel, and I plan on goin on some good mountain expeditions when she's all suited up. (Bumper, Winch, Topper with Rack, etc.)

- Now I don't have too much experience with this kind of stuff so its a learning process. Any advice, tips, suggestions are greatly appreciated. I wanna share the transformation and learn as much as I can with you guys. Thanks! Tell me what you think about her and what you would do. Here's a few Pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150709_172952.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	34617   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150709_173038.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	34625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150709_173022.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	34633   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150709_173048.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	34641   Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1436486229366.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	34649  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see new faces looking to keep the yota's alive! There's a section called new mods where you can start a build thread and when you get new stuff done we can follow you there. Your truck looks good but will only look better with the bumper's and upgrades your looking at doing. I would suggest a set of sliders for when your in the back country you wont mess up the rocker planels. We are excited to see how the transformation goes, keep posting up and pics are a must...lol.

Felix the Hilux
79' Toy, linked front and rear, King coils, chevy 4.3, duals, 37s, locked toy axles, custom bed and interior.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 10:18 AM
#1 cruiser

Welcome to cottora. You have a clean looking taco! Get armor on first would be my suggestion. The back country expedition rigs are cool. Look forward to seeing your progress!

Felix is my Hero!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Twin! Welcome to the forum. I hope when you say you get a paint job, you won't be changing the color. It's a rare color. Not to mention I get TONS of compliments on mine. It hides dirt amazingly well and looks amazing when it's clean. Shines like a diamond even when it's dirty haha.

Here's my build thread if you want to get some ideas:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ed-cab.282176/

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

welcome!

90 4Runner, 22re, 5spd, SAS, dual stock cases, locked f/b, 37's
02 Ford Excursion 4x4 - Tow Rig
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see new faces looking to keep the yota's alive! There's a section called new mods where you can start a build thread and when you get new stuff done we can follow you there. Your truck looks good but will only look better with the bumper's and upgrades your looking at doing. I would suggest a set of sliders for when your in the back country you wont mess up the rocker planels. We are excited to see how the transformation goes, keep posting up and pics are a must...lol.
Thanks for the reply man! Honestly I won't be going to crazy with it, won't be doing anything like MOAB. Ill have to do some research into armour, I know how expensive just front bumpers are, so Ill either have to build one or find one for no more than like 300.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Welcome to cottora. You have a clean looking taco! Get armor on first would be my suggestion. The back country expedition rigs are cool. Look forward to seeing your progress!
Thank you sir! I love the expedition rigs, but I honestly don't see myself forking out thousands of dollars. She's an old girl, so I don't wanna go to crazy. Just kind of a nice restoration.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Twin! Welcome to the forum. I hope when you say you get a paint job, you won't be changing the color. It's a rare color. Not to mention I get TONS of compliments on mine. It hides dirt amazingly well and looks amazing when it's clean. Shines like a diamond even when it's dirty haha.

Here's my build thread if you want to get some ideas:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ed-cab.282176/
Bro the color is very rare! It's one of my favorite colors of any vehicle haha, I wonder if I could get it redone in the same exact color? You're taco is badass man! Great build, good job!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan1975 View Post
welcome!
Thank you sir!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan2k0 View Post
Thanks for the reply man! Honestly I won't be going to crazy with it, won't be doing anything like MOAB. Ill have to do some research into armour, I know how expensive just front bumpers are, so Ill either have to build one or find one for no more than like 300.
Is your truck an auto or stick? Even how it sits currently you could do all sorts of stuff in Moab. It's amazing how far that locker can take you. Like said, sliders are generally the first armor people get so you can protect your rocker panels. Helps immensely with door dings as well!

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Wow right on, it's a mannual. I'll be doing some research into sliders now. Any recommendations?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

Trail Gear are on the lower end of prices and they work well.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:16 PM
#1 cruiser

Any of the Toyota aftermarket shops build sliders. Ice horse is right trail-gear is usually the least expensive. Felix has them on and they do well. I also just installed them on my taco because I crunched my rocker panel like a dumbass!

Felix is my Hero!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 08:13 PM

I have some 2" Spacers you can have for free for the front, get a $100 add-a-leaf and you have a cheap 2" lift for 32's.... text me if you want them 7033033556

I like Toyota Trucks
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I may have an AAL from my 98 parts Tacoma; also free if you want it... 'cause I won't use it ever.

And I bet I can build you sliders for cheaper...

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

and I have the stickers to prove it

Anti Bro Lightbar Soceity founder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode