Patriot 8/31/08 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Patriot 8/31/08

Great day of wheeling out in Penrose. My brother and I decided to drop in Patriot (toughest trail in Penrose) Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend. We were by ourselves, not a soul around (at least until we got to the waterfalls).

We had no problems with the enterance, Bunker Hill, or the Waterfalls. This trail has gotten so much tougher and dug out compared to when we ran it 2 years ago.

We ran into a guy named Robert trying to get some last minute wheeling in before he was headed back to Iraq for his 3rd tour. Nice guy!

The 2nd half of Patriot has gotten tougher as well and just getting up to A-Hole is a workout. My brother walked A-Hole in 15 seconds and didn't slip in (he got stuck in A-Hole for 1.5 hours the last time we ran it ). I was next and ended up putting a driver's side rear tire in the crack and rode it out on the driver's side sheetmetal

Robert walked A-Hole as well with no problems.

Coffin Rock is next and the easier of the lines is far left. I tried it once and slipped off of the coffin. It put me in a perfect spot to try the 5 foot ledge on the right line. Walked it on my first try

Robert attempted the same line and test out his roll cage and front driver's fender It about killed us getting him back on all 4's with just 5 people.

The exit is next and I ended up breaking my hydro assist ram on the climb out. Back to the drawing board for the HA system to stop bending 1/4" wall DOM tie rods.

I had a blast for my first time though Patriot!! The 4Runner did amazingly well on the 40's.

Super bend tie rod and broken hydro assist ram. It was alittle tough driving it back to the trailer this way

http://www.volcom.rockfrogs.org/Indy...Indy-Large.wmv
(Please right click and save as - 140mb)

YouTube video Patriot - Part 1

YouTube video Patriot - Part 2

Last edited by Volcom; 09-13-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 09:36 PM

gnarly...

88' 4Runner: 3.4L, 4" lift, rear Detroit, 33's, 4.88s, sliders, soft-topper,
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 04:44 AM
ike
Veteran Member

awesome

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode