Fun run everyone, we were able to travel a long distance over snow. Very little malfunctions. No major stucks for the day. I hope everyone had a good time.
1. Nate's e-locker motor was inop, could be a ground issue
2. Sean's chains didn't fit right and took too long to install
3. Justin had a major tire failure that was repaired with plugs in the sidewall
4. Troy about 30seconds later hit the same rock with worse sidewall damage
5. Nate's e-locker again (didn't have full engagement)
I ended up bringing up the rear to try to space out the winches. It was fun back there encase you didn't get the chance to join us
. I had a hard time running behind Sean after the trenches he cut when he was stuck.
I still have no clue how we found those keys. Buried in the snow, we were digging around and just about given up. I was dragging my feet and somehow kicked them to the surface.
Lucky find for the day I guess.
The snow was changing fast as the sun went down. Our trip back was slowed by the Ford and Land Cruiser getting stuck in front of us. They were digging up the trail so bad, it was getting very soft.
I know I'd like to have newer tires for the next trip I take for better traction and so I don't have to use the chains.
Who is the SAS Taco? ...and why is his bumper falling off?
That is a guy I work with, Lars. 97 4cyl, LC80 e-locked front axle SAS, Marlin duals. A sweet TJM front bumper that when you push against a rock it does that, you just best to leave it that way till you can get a real bumper. He is waiting on removing the body lift before he builds a new bumper, should be this spring now that he has a DD.