Farmington/Moab 09 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Farmington/Moab 09

post your pics here. I didnt have a camera, but sucka did, and he got plenty of video.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

The trip itenerary went as follows:

Sat 3/14

Brown Springs
RJ's(didnt make the main hill)
Arches(great trail)
Staircase(walked it)
Garage(didnt make the actual garage obsticale due to clearance, but worked the budbuilts trying)

3/15
Lower rim(favorite trail of farmington)
Refrigerator
Beaver falls(took bypass, and Doug almost rolled backwards)
Cobra
Bushwacker

3/16
RJ's(made all of the obsticales, but had to come close to rolling to make lower rock due to it being dug out)

3/17
Fins and things
Hells revenge

3/18
Gemini bridges
Bull canyon
Long Canyon(awesome view, recomend it to everyone)
Fins and Things

3/19
Spring canyon bottom(more great views)
Hey Joe canyon(be prepared for pinstripes, but worth it)
Spring Canyon Point
Dallenbaugh tunnel/secret spire
Rainbow terrece(again great views)

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

What an awsome trip!

I can probably throw some pics up tonight or tomorrow, but vid will probably be a little slower.

Our camera broke the first day in Moab, but we still got some pics.

I'm just pissed i didn't bring the video camera when Ike did RJ's........he almost flopped but made it up.

04 Tacoma DC 4x4 - E-Locker - Camburg 2.5's - RevengeFab Sliders - Badlands Bumper

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Got 197 pics before the camera died. I'll get them all up within a few days, but here's a sample of the week.

Some more stills on the video camera, and i'll watch the video later and see what we got.

04 Tacoma DC 4x4 - E-Locker - Camburg 2.5's - RevengeFab Sliders - Badlands Bumper

Last edited by Sucka; 03-21-2009 at 01:04 PM.
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Awesome Pics! Woow Both Doug and Alex's rigs have changed a BUNCH! So we wanna hear the story about the roll!

I had a bitch of a time in Tippy getting up RJ's first hill. In tippy I was sure I was gonna roll! I thought I saw a pic of Brian's crack. Did someone do the crack??

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

So, which did you like better - Farmington or Moab?

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

I love them both they are two different animals though. Moab has a wide variety of great trails that are spread out. You have to stay on trail so if you cant make an obsticale you are out of luck. In Farmington you have bypasses to just about everything. The second day we were running with a buggy on 42's, and both him and us were challenged on the same trails. Cant really rank one above the other in my book though. I definately will be back to both. I think Nate would love Farmington. It is his style of wheeling completely.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Great pics man.

Another plus of farmington was our two hosts. They did a hell of a job!!

Cant wait to wheel with them again regardless of the location.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
So, which did you like better - Farmington or Moab?
Hard question to answer because they're just so different.

Farmington was awsome because everything had a bypass if needed and different lines to take on each trail. You can make that place as easy or hard as you want to. Every trail we took was close to camp and had a fair amount of downtime which was nice for my wife and dogs. Doug and Joe were great hosts and fun to wheel with. Doug did a whole bunch of stuff he had never done before, so i think he had a good time as well because he wasn't stuck just showing us around.

Moab had AMAZING scenery. The rock there is extremely grippy unlike Farmington. The trails were a lot longer which was a big negative for the dogs. My wife also gets a little car sick so 4-6 hours in the truck bouncing around was a bit much at times. The trails are all away from camp which means you need to plan accordingly unlike Farmington where we were never more than 20 minutes from camp. Being right next to town in Moab was extremely nice when camping for 7 days.

Both were a great time. When i do another long trip like this one i won't be taking the dogs again. They did great, we loved having them.....but it gets a little stressful having to watch them and deal with them 24/7 like that for an extended time. In Moab they had to spend a lot of time in the truck in the heat and i felt bad at times.

My wife had a really good time as well. She missed the comforts of home like anyone would, but i don't think she'll be doing another week long camping trip with me again.......lol. She said she'll do the 1-2 days trips anytime though.

Overall a great trip. I almost got hit head on at 70mph on the way out there. I had previously cursed ABS, but when a full size truck crosses the double yellow line and is coming straight towards the truck and you have to skid sideways you gain an appreciation for ABS.

We had to setup camp and tear it down 4 times total which was a pain in the ass for us.

If i didn't get those sliders installed my truck would be completely trashed right now. I beat the hell out of those things. I took some body damage, such is life. I plan on having more armor before the June trip though

post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Looks awesome.. I'm looking forward to making a trip down for the cleanup and hitting some of these trails. Bought Ike some beers tonight to get the scoop, really hope somebody got some pix of him almost flopping on RJs.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

I forgot about that near death experience early in the trip. It got all of our heart pumping.

As far as the wheeling, you did great ben. I was suprised at alot of the lines you atempted. And most of them you made.

Like you said body damage happens unfortunately. But the sliders prevented a bunch.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
I can't find the post about the roll. Can someone fill me in? Yeah Alex and Doug are awesome guys huh? I can't wait to wheel with them again either!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Molly, Alex was only there for the first half of the first day. He didnt wheel, but was an awesome spotter.

Doug and Joe were our hosts through the whole weekend, and did a hell of a job.

The roll happened when everyone but Joe and I were eating lunch. Joe asked if i wanted to go for a quick ride and we went. Cruised up some technical stuff and then after the major obsitcale joe just took a bad line resuling in the roll. The only pics are of the aftermath. I think Sucka has some of them.

Doug, No one brough a camera to RJ's when i actually made it and almost flopped. it felt light, but i didnt see how high i was so Doug, Joe or Ben will have to comment on that!

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Long story short, Ace took off in the direction Ike and Joe went and i started after him. When i got to the top of the hill i saw them up there. Joe called for Doug to bring a tow strap so at that point none of us had a camera. So i only ended up getting a few pics on my iPhone.

post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

lol........yeah Ike almost went over on RJ's.

I was on his passenger side and he went up on 2 wheels, smacked his slider then came up the obstacle. It was pretty nuts i thought for sure he was going over. The day before Alex said his slider would catch him before a flop, looks like he was dead on because that's exactly what happened!

I hopped in Ike's truck just before we took off to RJ's, didn't even think to grab my camera, bummer.

post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 01:40 PM

i did not see alexs rig in the pics, lol.
it was a good time guys and gals.

-Degenerate-
85 toyota pickup
00 tacoma on 42s
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Molly, Alex was only there for the first half of the first day. He didnt wheel, but was an awesome spotter.

Doug and Joe were our hosts through the whole weekend, and did a hell of a job.

The roll happened when everyone but Joe and I were eating lunch. Joe asked if i wanted to go for a quick ride and we went. Cruised up some technical stuff and then after the major obsitcale joe just took a bad line resuling in the roll. The only pics are of the aftermath. I think Sucka has some of them.

Doug, No one brough a camera to RJ's when i actually made it and almost flopped. it felt light, but i didnt see how high i was so Doug, Joe or Ben will have to comment on that!
joe does not take bad lines just the ones that look fun

-Degenerate-
85 toyota pickup
00 tacoma on 42s
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotajoe View Post
joe does not take bad lines just the ones that look fun
lol........I barely got any vids or pics of your junk because by the time i got to the obstacle you were already at the top waiting for us

I did get a good vid of you making Bushwacker i think it was though. Also got when Doug creased his hood like 5 times. I guess i'll need to get him in contact with my body guy

post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotajoe View Post
i did not see alexs rig in the pics, lol.
it was a good time guys and gals.
What are you talking about, it's right there

post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Yeah, Alex should have wheeled, but then he wouldnt have been there to spot the whole time the first day.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Joe, you get the frame burned back together yet? You should post up some pics of it when you are done.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM

truck is still on the trailer. lol
will start taking the front apart tomorrow. and dug has the pics on his camera of the frame.

-Degenerate-
85 toyota pickup
00 tacoma on 42s
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM
In Rememberance

So did the fluids that leaked give you any trouble when you flopped your rig back over or did it start right up?

Joe forgive me... did we meet in farmington? if so I know who you are. If not... I'm a dumbass!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
So did the fluids that leaked give you any trouble when you flopped your rig back over or did it start right up?

Joe forgive me... did we meet in farmington? if so I know who you are. If not... I'm a dumbass!
yep we met in farmington and moab. no worries lol
nope, no troubles, the truck sat there for about 15 min then we put it back on its wheels and it started right back up with no problems.

-Degenerate-
85 toyota pickup
00 tacoma on 42s
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 PM
In Rememberance

K I gotcha.... Wait were you the one helping me yank that zuk out of a pothole in Moab on Hells Revenge? Get a pic of us!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member

looks like fun wheelin! someday ill make it down there.
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

Still working on getting more pics up.

Here's my carnage. As you can see it's not that bad.

post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Yeah, i was amazed the truck didnt even really smoke when it was fired up after the roll.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Sucka.. can you use paint or something to point out the carnage? all I see is a little scratch.

Hell, you didn't even get into your exhaust or bumper..

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

There is a tiny dent there also. But if you get some touch up paint and cut down on the contrast there i doubt anyone will see it unless you point it out to them.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode