Last Weekend's Adventure - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Last Weekend's Adventure

It wasn't really a club thing, but last weekend I did a ton of driving (about 400 miles in total), and I snapped some kinda cool shots.

On Saturday I headed up to Ft. Collins to get parts from Ike, and grab my bike from my parents place.
On Sunday first went to Winter Park Ski Patrol for the very last time to clear out my locker...
And then I headed over to my grandparents cabin near Alma to drop off the bike.

I didn't start taking pictures until Hoosier Pass, but here we go:

A few tourists took pictures of me doing this, instead of the scenery behind them...

When I got down Hoosier, I thought I would see what was going on over at Wheeler Lake. No snow wheeling yet. The snow on that narrow shelf road that runs along the reservoir would make you take an icy swim for sure. I bet they will open the gate after that clears.

It seemed just a bit dry and dusty for March:

I decided to head down somewhat of a secret trail of mine, and promptly got stuck... It wasn't bad but the combination of aired up almost bald tires and that deep slushy spring snow did me in pretty quick. I aired down, dug out and shoved a couple rocks under my tires. I was out pretty quick, and continued about a half mile down the trail until it looked just a tad too deep

I eventually made it to the cabin, and the bike got to sit the rest of the spring with its buddies.

Can anybody guess why my family didn't quite understand when I said that I wanted to wheel? The bikes go back a lot further than the camera can see.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

Boy for someone having knee surgery you are getting around quite well. Nice shots!

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks! Yep, doin' much better lately. Physical therapy is helping a lot, and of course the moment I could walk, I was back to my usual routine.

So I totally figured this truck would be gone by now...time for another price drop, I suppose. I'm actually considering listing Doris as well. I'll be pretty happy with whatever truck I end up with.

But I feel bad for having you help me when I was still gimping around. I didn't want to wait until I could walk again to start selling it....and it turns out that it didn't even matter... So thanks for that, I owe you one.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kappes03
Nice pics, looks like a fun ride.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post

But I feel bad for having you help me when I was still gimping around. I didn't want to wait until I could walk again to start selling it....and it turns out that it didn't even matter... So thanks for that, I owe you one.
Like I said no worries on that. I needed to wrench again. Not having a garage sucks and I get urges to work on stuff. And I learned about steering racks as well.

Don't worry you are slowly working on the pay back. Remember the black box??

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode