Ejs 2009 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Ejs 2009

It's not really a TTORA run...but I figured I might as well share my trip with you all. Been only a day and I've taken a bunch of videos mostly of Potato Salad which I will work on getting uploaded. One or two nice and built Toyota's have been spotted.

We arrived at around 1pm today. Got checked into the hotel early and decided to go check to see if the previous Taco owner was at his booth at the arena, and he wasn't yet. So after some random cruising we decided to go up Moab Rim a little ways to test the taco. We got to the entrance only to find that it was guarded by a Red Rock 4Wheeler guy. Let me mention that it was well PAST 3 pm and they still had it closed. (Even though they are supposed to open at noon?) Annoyed, we headed down to Pritchett.

It handles pretty good. A lot softer than our 4Runner was. Of course we only went a little ways in and went about 1 mph over a few obstacles to avoid damage. Amazingly, it never rubbed once! Lots of 'star fishes' later, we made it out alive.

Good news though. I guess Red Rock 4Wheelers got in trouble for closing all the trails, so this year they are only allowed to close Moab Rim and Steel Bender for their use.

Here are some teaser pics. Took more videos than pics.

Huge 4Runner

Friends with the above guy. Wish I got a side picture. He had is front end stretched super far forward. It looked awesome.

Ginormous Jeep 49'' tires! Talk about putting ours to shame.

Thats all for now. Ill work on uploading videos and also record some more tomorrow.

EDIT
I also have some hilarious footage of some guys from Arkansas that were trying to jump start their Tacoma by taking another battery out of a different vehicle and trying to hold it upsidedown and touching the post together. About 5 different people asked if they wanted a jump start but they refused, so we all just sat back and watched.

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

nice pics!! any action pics?

4xinnovations sliders,lockers, Ome 881's,
Rear 63" chevys , Arb front bumper,
Custom rear bumper, winch, Natebuilt skids and some other stuff
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I also have some hilarious footage of some guys from Arkansas that were trying to jump start their Tacoma by taking another battery out of a different vehicle and trying to hold it upsidedown and touching the post together. About 5 different people asked if they wanted a jump start but they refused, so we all just sat back and watched.
Post that stuff first .

'00 Project, constant state of (d)evolution

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsixtyseven View Post
Post that stuff first .

Alright here it is! Sorry if any of our comments offends anyone, but it was just too funny.

How it started...the owner of the Tacoma tried to start it, heard the clicking of an obviously dead battery. Some nice guy walks over and offers him a jump start with some cables. The owner responds with "No, its not the battery." Puzzled, the other man wanders off. About 10 minutes go by with them still staring at the engine. A few others offered jumps but they still refused. Then they had the battery idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBXFnhe0mCA

1998 Tacoma - Rear e-locker, ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All-Pro lift system in rear, Trail-Gear sliders, Trail-Gear front stinger bumper, CBI Wrap Around tube rear bumper, CB Radio, Skid Row Offroad Skids, 33 inch BFG KM2's on Ivan Stewart 16 inch wheels.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
nice pics!! any action pics?
I'm more of a video taker than a picture taker. I have a bunch of great videos.

I also got a video of a vehicle rolling in one of the hot tubs that I need to upload. Youtube is painfully slow.

Also, does anyone recognize this guy? (Sorry for quality, screenshot from a vid)

He had a TTORA sticker and a Colorado plate.

We found a set of nice sliders at one of the booths today. We were able to hold them up but they were too short. x.x They were priced right too! Would have snatched them up and got them welded on the spot.

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

ROTFLMAO!!!

"i hope there high or drunk and not this dumb in real life"

ahahahahah!!!
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

that vid was hilarious!!!!!!!

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

i dont know what to say. the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 04:16 PM

ha ha

91 runner,chopped,locked,armored.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
ike
Veteran Member

The people taking the vid were just as big ass hats as the guys with the truck trying to jump start with the upside down battery. Just another reason you wont see me out there over EJS

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The people taking the vid were just as big ass hats as the guys with the truck trying to jump start with the upside down battery. Just another reason you wont see me out there over EJS

Uh.. I think the OP was the one taking the video...

I disagree tho. It's great footage of the redneck out in the wild.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

here we have the wild redneck. lets see if we cant see em performing their ritualistic redneck stupidity. here, wait, I think i see them now. if you look carefully under the lid of the beast you can see one of the dumber rednecks placing highly electrified leads to one another. careful, whats the other one doing? he's looking this way. dont startle the redneck of moab. they are known to be armed and very dangerous when approached without a beer in offering.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 04:17 PM

I hope they don't have winch or Hi-lift they need to use.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Our Moab trip is officially completed! Back in the room for the night currently.

We did Hells Revenge twice (we went to see Hells Gate for the first time in our 11 years, didnt know it was on Hells), the beginning of Pritchett Canyon, beginning of Moab Rim, Metal Masher, went and checked out Gemini Bridges, drove into Bull Canyon to see the bottom of Gemini, and checked out Potato Salad Hill twice. We tried to go on Poison Spider, but they had it closed until 3:30-4:00 pm. We tried to outsmart them by going the backway onto Gold Bar, but they had that blocked too. We know some guy who knew a secret way onto Gold Bar, so we wandered around trying to find that but failed.

And guess what? ZERO body damage! I even got some driving in myself on Hells Revenge. Nothing too difficult for me yet, but you have to start small right?

The closest we came to actual body damage wasn't even from a trail. Some moron in a jeep turned onto an embankment and as we were going around behind him, he randomly stopped and reversed. At that point we were committed so dad floored it. I don't know how we missed him, but the rack he had on the back would have been like a can opener on ours.

The vendors were fun to look at also. Not much Toyota stuff obviously but the Longfeild booth had some nice sliders for a cheap price. They let us go hold them up but they were too short. We were bummed about that.

Also finally met up with the previous owner of our truck to show him and he was amazed at how it looked. We did a lot of talking to him and his brother (owner of Superior Axles) as well as their father and a close friend that was working the booth. We got the entire history of our truck because the guy who owns Superior bought it for his dad and gave it to him as a gift. Great group of people if you ever get to meet them. We ran across them again on Moab Rim so I did get a video of them going up that first hard obstacle.

My Dad and I are both amazed at how well the whole front and rear spring set up worked. Especially the rear All-Pro system. Dads next project is going to have that set up front and rear. It flexed like crazy, kept it so level, and soaked up every bump.

Ill work on getting all my pics and vids up for you all to see. Overall, it wasn't nearly as crowed as usual. Must be the economy.

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

sounds like a fun trip. i just dont personally want to see moab as a zoo
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Anyone know if the jeep that fell off the Gemini Bridges is still there?

I was doing some research and found this picture but the site seemed to be last updated in 2002.

I didn't know what killed the man at the time of looking at the memorial, so I didn't go look from that angle. It's too late to go look now.

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

At least it was a sealed top battery! LOL!
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsfreak1234 View Post
If you get away from town out around Area BFE near the 5 rated trails and camp where the pro racer are it seams relatively calm.

The really challenging terrain seams to work as a dumb ass filter! For the most part.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 11:39 PM
ike
Veteran Member

jeep is no longer at the bottom of the bridges.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 12:23 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Good times. I was gonna say.. you did Pritchett in that Taco??? Then I realized you did just the beginning. Ya 2 years ago if you dropped into pritchett you pretty much were commited because that first graded hill down in used to be a gnarly rock stairs you had to go down... (And couldn't go back up b/c no winch point).

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsfreak1234 View Post
For us that's part of the fun, the crowds. Other than some people getting out of control on the bottom of Potato Salad of course. But it's fun watching people get caught up in the moment thinking they can take their brand new stock vehicles on things like the escalator and Potato salad. Also, your garunteed to see a lot of people try fun obstacles. Even if there isn't anyone on it currently, just wait around 10 minutes and someone will show up.

Also fun to cruise the town at night as well as sit and eat outside at places like Zaxs and watching all the cool rigs drive by.

Dad and I have been talking though and we may hit up Moab during Memorial Day instead next year. Still trying to see if we can come head out with you guys coming up here in a few weeks.

As promised, here is the roll over vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1emUFiviA

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 PM
ike
Veteran Member

I am amazed that people actually make it out of the hot tube without rolling.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, when there's not greasy water in the bottom, you just crawl right out...

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I rolled the crap out of Mike's (ORS) 4runner in there. It was the maiden voyage. I had drive out 2 times in my truck and he couldn't get out. He told me to try and I almost climbed it, then slid back down and did a funky spin on the left rear tire. Still my worst roll to date. He tried it again after me (cause it looked so fun) slid down almost the same way and bent the rear axle housing with no roll, tweaked a coilover also.

Ahh, good times
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Dont think i will be attempting anytime soon.

Unless i am in Tippy.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Dont think i will be attempting anytime soon.

Unless i am in Tippy.
cuz tippy is going to make it to moab in the next 10 years!
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I'm more of a video taker than a picture taker. I have a bunch of great videos.

I also got a video of a vehicle rolling in one of the hot tubs that I need to upload. Youtube is painfully slow.

Also, does anyone recognize this guy? (Sorry for quality, screenshot from a vid)

He had a TTORA sticker and a Colorado plate.

We found a set of nice sliders at one of the booths today. We were able to hold them up but they were too short. x.x They were priced right too! Would have snatched them up and got them welded on the spot.
here is the owner of that truck's build up thread.

https://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105125&page=4

1999 limited on 35's
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Here's all the Taco footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPCDJK_FJs

Wanted to take more but I wanted to ride/drive too!

Poor dad kept freaking out without the sliders. Still used to the 4Runner where we could do anything and not care and also the older Taco with a 2.5 inch lift.

I want some sliders demmit.

Need to get off my butt and finish uploading everything else...including the rest of the work in progress vids and potato salad footage.

post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Still a clean truck, but yes. Sliders are amazing when wheeling.

I used to freak out before i had them, now i aim to hit stuff with my sliders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode