Mosquito Pass - 06-07-09 - TTORA Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to OFRD_GRL Send a message via Yahoo to OFRD_GRL
Mosquito Pass - 06-07-09

Didn't go the whole way b/c of snow but some sweet pics of scenery none the less!

All Pics Here:
http://flashforwardphotography.com/mosquitopass.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM

cool pics, weird gigantic watermark on all your photos...

that one of the old stagecoach is particularly interesting. i love colorado trails!
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

Did you get past the upper mine? That is where I got stopped last September when we were up there.

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Nope didn't get that far.. was there alone so didn't want to attempt getting stuck in snow with no real winch points to hook to.

Watermark = My Photography site so people don't steal the pictures...
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:08 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Are you pulling a Ric Una?

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:22 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kappes03
Sweet pics, was it snowing or just rain up there?

'09 Tacoma 3" toytec coil overs, 285 Duratracs, BAMF sliders and rear diff skid
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Veteran Member

You're in my backyard! Just past this photo, did you see the bright green cabin on the right with the mine on the hill behind it? That's mine... Its actually my great grandfather's cabin originally and where I lived for 2 summers.

BTW, you won't make it to the top until late July.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
Watermark = My Photography site so people don't steal the pictures...
hrm, well i hope no one here would. the hyperbrags are full of web spiders (literally) so the images may get scraped at one point. i guess it's not a bad idea, just kinda detracts from the pictures. to each his own, my photography isn't good enough to steal lol
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Sweet pics, was it snowing or just rain up there?
Snowing like crazy at points and super sunny at others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post

You're in my backyard! Just past this photo, did you see the bright green cabin on the right with the mine on the hill behind it? That's mine... Its actually my great grandfather's cabin originally and where I lived for 2 summers.

BTW, you won't make it to the top until late July.
How cool
Didn't even go with the intent of making it up and over.. actually didn't go out with the intent of making it there at all LOL just went for a drive on I-70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
hrm, well i hope no one here would. the hyperbrags are full of web spiders (literally) so the images may get scraped at one point. i guess it's not a bad idea, just kinda detracts from the pictures. to each his own, my photography isn't good enough to steal lol
No but since I already posted them on my photography site, it was easier to copy that link location then have to reupload them to photobucket

Last edited by RedRunnertc; 06-11-2009 at 02:49 PM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Cool

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Been awhile since i've been up Mosquito pass. Kinda miss the place.

Good pictures.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Veteran Member

Thread de-dramafied.

Reminder: Posting PM's in a thread is a bannable offense per the National rules.

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc
Thread de-dramafied.
evidently we live in china... funny, still feels like the US...?

i guess the lesson here would be if you didn't post an event for the run, DON'T post pics in the past events section - doesn't really qualify as a past event if you were the only one going. i see the logic, just seems kinda strict for a generally laid-back forum, but meh. post 'em in offroad discussions or whatever. i think this was previously mentioned... but deleted?
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 PM

And we keep deleting the thread, this is humorous!!!

Freedom of Speech, stop hiding Troy
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Ric

WOOOW all that drama over one comment that a staff member made.. yes it was uncalled for, yes it was childish, YES we ALL have made comments that was childish, to INCLUDE myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Are you pulling a Ric Una?
well I was going to reply to a few of the posts, but this puts it better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
evidently we live in china... funny, still feels like the US...?

and as far as the watermarking, I started doing that cause Ive had people stealing my pix, even had a business steal a few and use my pix to make HIM look good and make money... if you want some of my pix, all you have to doi is ASK..

Someone made the comment that they like seeing the pictures, even if they wasnt invited, thats why I use to post my pics, but seems the Dictatorship doent like it

Maybe start a poll to see about changeing that rule ????

Looks like it just might be a good thing to change the staff from time time, some people seem to get use to the so called power, lol
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Ric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowntaco View Post
And we keep deleting the thread, this is humorous!!!

Freedom of Speech, stop hiding Troy

LMAO,,,, NOT here
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Several examples of the same thing occuring where nothing was said:

https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125118
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128134
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133436
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126656
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124852
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124588
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123353

There are soooo many more. 50% of the runs on page 2 are the same deal. None of these trips had prior notification on this board that it was taking place. To my knowledge, nothing was said about any of them. As you may have noticed, I'm a big offender....but nothing was said. I'm not sure why others are more hassled? If its really worthy of being a rule (which it sounds like it shouldn't be), then enforce it all the time.

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

Kyle - YES there was something said - in each case, the people received a PM reminding them of the rule, discussing the intent of the rule, and asking them to please not do it again. It was handled politely and quietly.

An occasional post here and there does not violate the intent of the rule, and so I don't pull the threads because I know people like seeing the pictures. EVERYONE has been gracious and accomodating with this method until THIS thread.

The rule is enforced consistently and regularly. To meet the rule, you do not need to post a full-blown "Plan a Trail Run" thread months in advance. A simple note (even in an existing thread) that you're going and people are welcome to join you is sufficient.

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Ric

Quote:
Several examples of the same thing occuring where nothing was said:

https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125118
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128134
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133436
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126656
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124852
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124588
https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123353

There are soooo many more. 50% of the runs on page 2 are the same deal. None of these trips had prior notification on this board that it was taking place. To my knowledge, nothing was said about any of them. As you may have noticed, I'm a big offender....but nothing was said. I'm not sure why others are more hassled? If its really worthy of being a rule (which it sounds like it shouldn't be), then enforce it all the time.
AMEN, last time I posted pix of a run/trip I did, I got my hand slapped, then the new rule came into effect, lol
This just PROVES the point, about being in the "in crowd" or the "click"... so many other members have dont the same thing I did, but I get the hand slapped, lol rules are rules, either enfoce the rulles for ALL members or remove the rule, but thats a dictatorship, he can do as he pleases

I say REMOVE the rule, heres an example, I dont post my runs on here (or numerous other forums) but would LOVE to share my pix, as other members have said that they would LOVE to see the pix, (even if they wasnt invited).... and if any member here wanted to wheel with me, they could simply send me a PM, Id be more than happy to let them know when and where, but being on SEVERAL forums, I am not going to post up every run on every board..
BTW, this is only an issue on this forum, it doesnt bother anyone on anyother other forum lol
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Kyle - YES there was something said - in each case, the people received a PM reminding them of the rule, discussing the intent of the rule, and asking them to please not do it again. It was handled politely and quietly.

An occasional post here and there does not violate the intent of the rule, and so I don't pull the threads because I know people like seeing the pictures. EVERYONE has been gracious and accomodating with this method until THIS thread.

The rule is enforced consistently and regularly. To meet the rule, you do not need to post a full-blown "Plan a Trail Run" thread months in advance. A simple note (even in an existing thread) that you're going and people are welcome to join you is sufficient.
Everybody except for me received this PM? 2 of those examples are mine. I've got about 5 total. I've never received a PM regarding this matter.

post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Ric

Quote:
Everybody except for me received this PM? 2 of those examples are mine. I've got about 5 total. I've never received a PM regarding this matter.
Like Ive said,,, the rules are enforced on just who, the president chooses to enforce them on..
BTW, thankx for being honest, maning up and saying you didnt get your hand slapped, when you could have been quite about it..
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

yea i've done the same, and honestly no offense to the "dictators" but this seems like a stupid rule for the forum... i dont even see the point. runs happen spur of the moment and id love to see whats going on and whos wheeling what and wear who cars if i didnt get the chance to go if it was last minute i wouldnt be able to make it anyway!

i mena i posted my moab sedona grandcanyon trip and no one said a thing.... but i guess i did post up on the az forum! lol!

still dumb rule and id vote(if my opinion matters) for it to be reomoved
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Ric

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
yea i've done the same, and honestly no offense to the "dictators" but this seems like a stupid rule for the forum... i dont even see the point. runs happen spur of the moment and id love to see whats going on and whos wheeling what and wear who cars if i didnt get the chance to go if it was last minute i wouldnt be able to make it anyway!

i mena i posted my moab sedona grandcanyon trip and no one said a thing.... but i guess i did post up on the az forum! lol!

still dumb rule and id vote(if my opinion matters) for it to be reomoved
I agree, the reason Im on soooooooooo many forums/baords is that I love seeing wheeling pics,, I dont cry if you didnt invite me, it doesnt matter if we get along or not, I just want to see pics damnit... lol

Why cant this forum/club either remove the rule, or create a seperate forum that "anyone" can post pix ???? hell we might even learn about a new wheeling spot/trail
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
ike
Veteran Member

we already have the folder, it is titled off road disscussion/trails

https://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=126

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

its all about information and knowledge for me. if im not seeing the pics that just made me dumber b/c i dont know what the hell happend or wear they were or whats going on... im dumb enough as it is!

i want to use my mind!!! :P
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

when i step back and look at this whole thing i relize now there wear getting all butt hurt over orginziation and symantics! :rotflmao
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
when i step back and look at this whole thing i relize now there wear getting all butt hurt over orginziation and symantics! :rotflmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint
its all about information and knowledge for me. if im not seeing the pics that just made me dumber b/c i dont know what the hell happend or wear they were or whats going on... im dumb enough as it is!

i want to use my mind!!! :P
dude... reading your posts make mah brain hurt...
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

lmao! they will tend to do that... if you cant dazzle them with your smarts, baffle them with your BS right?

but hey at least my post count goes up and im that much closer to getting into a secret squirle club!
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
lmao! they will tend to do that... if you cant dazzle them with your smarts, baffle them with your BS right?

but hey at least my post count goes up and im that much closer to getting into a secret squirle club!
yes, post count is directly proportional to penis size...
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
The entire argument behind this rule can go both ways, I'm not going to pick sides over any of it, nor am I willing to.

Frankly, it's a simple rule that you should of read, and agreed to follow when you signed up for the board. It's dumb, and not the greatest one around but it's the way things are. Look outside of the internet forum at what your government is doing and quit bitching about some stupid rule on the internet. I've seen it go both ways on in my short(ish) time here, there have been "past event" threads deleted because some noob threw a bitch fit about how they didn't get to go because it wasn't posted and blah blah blah, when in all reality it was more than likely a trail that a stock truck shouldn't of been on anyway. Then there were the threads where more capable trucks could of gone out to play, but someone didn't post anything about the run happening. Inevitably someone bitched about it, and the thread was deleted.

On the counter note, it shouldn't of blown up into what this thread is. This is just ridiculous, it could of been handled in a much better manner. Which a simple PM was sufficient, and then it got turned into an argument and publicly posted to initiate drama amongst everyone. Frankly, I (and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here) could give two shits less about being invited on someones 'un-posted run'. I'm guilty of it too, I've posted pictures/threads regarding runs that were not publicly announced on the board. Sometimes you just want to get out with a friend or two (or in this case, alone) and have a good time without having to worry about helping someone new, etc. Now I'm not saying that nobody is willing to help people that are new to our sport, however it's nice to get out with people who know how to handle situations, and know you don't have to worry about a hold up.

Now my on the matter, nobody was fulfilling any "personal vendetta" towards anybody. In this point in case Troy was simply doing what he signed up to do when he agreed to become president of this chapter, which is enforce the rules/guidelines that are part of this club. Look at it this way, it's like a police officer pulling you over for the traffic offense you were committing. Yet, the police officer is a dick and it's his fault for wasting your time, or the blame game starts "well that person did the same thing, he did this, she did that" blah blah blah... its your fault that you disobeyed the rules, not theirs. People make mistakes, deal with it and get the fuck over it. Again, I'm not siding with anyone; this is simply how I see it, take from it what you will and twist it how you want. Just don't go pointing fingers at me for "siding".

And Ric, quit being a troll. Any sign of drama starts, and here you are posting about how bad this group is, or how this happened, or something completely irrelevant and useless. If you're going to be here, and contribute then fine. If your just going to troll around looking for shit to stir, then leave. Don't sit here and amend one persons courage behind admitting fault when you can't even do so yourself.

If you feel the need to report me, and this post for what has been said than so be it. Ban me, frankly life will go on.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode