Johnny Park 6-13-09 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Johnny Park 6-13-09

Another great trip!

Thanks again to all those would could make it! And for those who couldn't make it, we will catch you on the next run!

All in all I thought it went well, unfortunately one person had to go back because he was not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about his tires, but other than that it was great!

OK, so post those pics and/or vids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Yeah sorry I missed you guys. Did the weather cooperate?

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kappes03
Hey this says past events PHOTOS. Cmon where's the pics?!

'09 Tacoma 3" toytec coil overs, 285 Duratracs, BAMF sliders and rear diff skid

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 07:27 PM
ike
Veteran Member

X2, wish i could have made it.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 08:07 PM

yea sorry i bailed guys. i got up early and felt awful. took some of mah "medicine" and i felt better, but wasn't until like 10am before i felt relatively-ok. dragging my ass into work is really difficult some days, lemme tell ya.

i'm hopin to go up tomorrow somewhere, not planning on anything crazy. my gf wants to get up to the mtns, and she actually can tomorrow - i was thinking of just doing guanella. or maybe do that run up sugarloaf that i f-ed up when i flew solo. i know guanella so i'll probably just stick to that. anyone's welcome to join me, or suggest something else for tomorrow if anyone is free? just throwin it out there, i'm goin up somewheres tomorrow that's for sure!

note - i don't take the route on traildamage, i split off at 2622 and go up to the mine. it's not hardcore rock crawling, but passenger cars won't make it lol!

so - did anyone take pictures today?
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 09:55 PM

Awesome run! I am kind of pissed I don't have any good pics of me coming up the steps!.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Had a great time with everyone today. Thanks again to Yancey for setting everything up. Unfortunately our camera battery died about a 1/3 of the way through the run(right at the good obstacle or course) so we don't have many pictures Sucks that Nick had to leave hope that you can come next time. I will go ahead a apologize as I have forgotten names already. All in all it went pretty well I think the only damage was a broken cb antenna. Had a great time after the run at Davids winery you all should make it down sometime they have some really good stuff. Can't wait for the next run!

Album Link: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...hnnypark61309/

'93 Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
But again if you get snarky I will kick some ass.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:23 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Looks like you guys had a great turnout!

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

i shouldve gone. i was planning on biking with the bosses (riding the bosses bosses bike) that didnt happen. so i shouldve ran out the door the second i woke up and caught up to yall. oh well looks like fun.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Damn.. nice turnout.. I spent the day with yard work and genrally cleaning house. I gotta get out on one of these nice relaxing runs.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

yea looks like a great run! i wish i coulda made it and at least tired to put my sliders to good use! good to see a couple of new familiar faces out on the trails today! i hope i run into y'all again sometime soon
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah sorry I missed you guys. Did the weather cooperate?
Was great for the fist run. Yanman, Jager,and Another Taco(sorry forgot your name) went back through after the rest of us left not sure if they hit any rain.

'93 Runner

Quote:
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
yea looks like a great run! i wish i coulda made it and at least tired to put my sliders to good use! good to see a couple of new familiar faces out on the trails today! i hope i run into y'all again sometime soon
Did you make it down to the winery? David said you were going to swing by.

'93 Runner

Quote:
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 PM

nice turnout! sorry i missed this, mostly to myself. i always kick myself for intentionally missing runs. ah well, i'll see you guys on the next stocker. maybe i'll have sliders by then if they ever show up!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry I missed this one, had to take the overtime cash though Looks like you guys had a great day, even the weather cooperated! Anybody have issues with the steps, especialy on the left side?

97 Tacoma ext cab. 3.4 V6, 5spd, 4.88's Kazuma lsd rear, Bilstein adjustable's 2.5" lift up front, Skyjacker 3" rear, All Pro uca's, Skid row armor, FROR rear bumper, BFG km2's 255/85/16.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasbandit View Post
Was great for the fist run. Yanman, Jager,and Another Taco(sorry forgot your name) went back through after the rest of us left not sure if they hit any rain.
We did get a little sprinkles here and there when we went the other way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlanca97 View Post
Sorry I missed this one, had to take the overtime cash though Looks like you guys had a great day, even the weather cooperated! Anybody have issues with the steps, especialy on the left side?
We had some issues going on the left, but we were able to try and get in some spotting training there. It took a few trys for some but we got through alright.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Did you make it down to the winery? David said you were going to swing by.
nope unfortunatly not, by the time i had dragged my mom and here hubby off the trails we had to go back down to denver and grab my birthday dinner.. so probally next time. estes park was pretty busy yesterday and man the parks were crowded with people! could believ eit we wear walking infront of or behind somebody the entire hike!!! it was like a day at disney world!

woulda much raher been suck in a line of yotas
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Looks like the first little climb has gotten tougher since the last time I was there...

Nice pictures.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorado125
Quote:
Had a great time with everyone today. Thanks again to Yancey for setting everything up. Unfortunately our camera battery died about a 1/3 of the way through the run(right at the good obstacle or course) so we don't have many pictures Sucks that Nick had to leave hope that you can come next time. I will go ahead a apologize as I have forgotten names already. All in all it went pretty well I think the only damage was a broken cb antenna. Had a great time after the run at Davids winery you all should make it down sometime they have some really good stuff. Can't wait for the next run!
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
nope unfortunatly not, by the time i had dragged my mom and here hubby off the trails we had to go back down to denver and grab my birthday dinner.. so probally next time. estes park was pretty busy yesterday and man the parks were crowded with people! could believ eit we wear walking infront of or behind somebody the entire hike!!! it was like a day at disney world!

woulda much raher been suck in a line of yotas
Hell, trust me I know where I'd rather have been. It was a crazy weekend. Started of dull on Saturday, then we got slammed, when the owners wife left, we had 400 in sales, when she came back after a couple hours, jumped to over 2,000. At least today wasn't so bad. I'll be trying to pick up more hours up there until I'm back to a regular job. So if anyone wants to come up, let me know.

And hoping to order the tires in the next few days, but probably not in time for another Kelly Flats run.

2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Dot

I thought it was fun! Good to see someone got some pics of me in there lol I have more pic's coming soon !

1997 4 Runner Front OME 3'' coils and shocks,Rear Land Crusier 7.5 wrap coils with OME shocks,Toytec Panhard Bar Drop Bracket,Toytec Front Diff Drop,1'' body lift on 305/70/16,BudBuilt IFS Skid,Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Off-Road Front bumper

2005 Tacoma, All-pro IFS Skid,ATO Transmisson Skid, ATO T-Case Skid, 3'' OME,ARB Front Bumper cut,Custom Exhaust,Armorology sliders,B.A.M.F. Diff Skid (sold)
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:18 PM

'90-shortbed 3.0 V6, with 4.88 and rear locker sitting on 33X12.5/16, 4" lift and other crap....
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:35 PM

your pics are broke yo
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 06:45 PM

should be better now

'90-shortbed 3.0 V6, with 4.88 and rear locker sitting on 33X12.5/16, 4" lift and other crap....
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to colorado125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager! View Post
should be better now
Colin, good to see ya on another run. Hope to hit the trails again with you.

2002 Dcab, 33" Toyo Open Country AT's on FJ80 rims, full OME suspension, 1" body lift, TRD Exhaust, SC, and Trans cooler, ARB Bullbar, SleeOffroad sliders, future is gears, front locker and cbi Fab rear bumper
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 06:08 PM

Looks like you guys came out good and upright. I was the one that backed out near the beginning. I am just chalking it up to experience and will give it a go again here soon. I am figuring out the limits for myself and what I need to work on for next time. Thanks to everyone for the support and knowledge! Catch you next time on the trails!

07 Indigo Ink Sport AC w/ TRD exhaust with some other stuff.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu4u View Post
Looks like you guys came out good and upright. I was the one that backed out near the beginning. I am just chalking it up to experience and will give it a go again here soon. I am figuring out the limits for myself and what I need to work on for next time. Thanks to everyone for the support and knowledge! Catch you next time on the trails!
It's all good. You have to get to that comfort level on your own. I wouldn't want to see you do something that you weren't comfortable with, have an issue and then stop 4 wheeling. I think that trail is a good confidence builder once you want to start harder trails. I would be happy to do that run again with you!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu4u View Post
Maybe try playing around off of rampart a bit I am sure some of us would be willing to run it with you.

1997 4 Runner Front OME 3'' coils and shocks,Rear Land Crusier 7.5 wrap coils with OME shocks,Toytec Panhard Bar Drop Bracket,Toytec Front Diff Drop,1'' body lift on 305/70/16,BudBuilt IFS Skid,Trail Gear Sliders, Addicted Off-Road Front bumper

2005 Tacoma, All-pro IFS Skid,ATO Transmisson Skid, ATO T-Case Skid, 3'' OME,ARB Front Bumper cut,Custom Exhaust,Armorology sliders,B.A.M.F. Diff Skid (sold)
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot View Post
Maybe try playing around off of rampart a bit I am sure some of us would be willing to run it with you.
i'm always down to play around rampart i just wish i live closer to it!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 AM

Thanks to everyone for the support! It is just that, a comfort level, that I have to get used to, while on the trails. Thanks to Jager and 09 gray tacoma guy (sorry, your name slipped my mind) for showing me some possible lines through that one section that gave me trouble. Rampart sounds like a good test ground for me to get more comfortable. Will do some searching on here at past runs and go from there. Thanks again for the help everyone and this will not be my last trail run!

07 Indigo Ink Sport AC w/ TRD exhaust with some other stuff.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Also check out the 7-mile trail up in the north area.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode