Red Elephant/Bill Moore 7/3 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Red Elephant/Bill Moore 7/3

Ok, I guess I'll get this started. Unfortunately I didn't get too may picutures but you can see the set here: http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...hant%20090703/

Had a great time meeting everyone and getting some wheeling in. I learned a lot about trail repair.

I did make it back fine. Ike's tent stake Redneck fix worked great. I still have to take the shock off, but I think I'll be in the market for a new mount...And a more appropriate battery tie down system...and some sliders... TIME!

Here's some highlights:

Ike's tent stake fix:

The aftermath of my power steering pump taking a bite out of my battery

Some gratitus rock standing:

And the cluster that was us trying to turn around:

88 4Runner, 3.Slow 5spd, 4.88's and lockers, 265 75 KM2's

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.

Last edited by RedRunnertc; 07-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Nice.

For the shock, i think i have some bushings that will fit. you will still need another grade 8 bolt the size of the other side though.

next time you will make it through, maybe slaughterhouse after andrews bachelor party if we are not too hungover.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

Alright all of my pics are here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...art=0&newest=1

But I didn't really start taking pictures until Bill Moore Lake.

Here are a few:

The mudd pit has really gotten big at the top.

The Geap that liked to get stuck.

Posers

Lockers can really get you places with a wheel off the ground.

Good times. I am glad Mike and Ike made it home OK. Sorry you guys missed out on the remainder of the day. At least next time we know which road to take.

Jacket - I sucks we never caught up to you or met up. We will have to do this one again.

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights

Last edited by CoTacoTRD; 07-07-2009 at 09:31 PM.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member

good pics guys i had a ton of fun yesterday! now i need to clean!!! haha i found globs of mud everywear in the interior!
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 08:58 PM

What a BLAST!

I made it home OK, as you have probably figured out already.

"Damsels in distress" rescue was definatley a highlight. I can't remember ever having more fun on a trail. Someone invite those girls along again!

After having figured out I lost my winch key on the trail earlier that day, I had to subdue my driving in and around the mudpit. I think I got off easy when Eric snatched me out once - I did not want to create a bigger problem than we already had on our hands. But that's OK, 'cause Ben and scott were out-doing me with their Mud terrains anyway - Probably saved me some embarressment. - I have a series of shots ben's going to want to see.

I'd also like to post up that Ben's sliders lost their virginity on this trip! OOOOWeee - I think we even got CoTacoTRD's slee's scraped up a bit too!

Scott will be looking into a new front bumper - I'll let him tell you why.....

Ike - mighty honorable of you to see the 4r back down, thanks for that. but if you'd have stayed with us there would have been some plenty of hungry people looking for calzones that night - Oh, and don't feel you missed out on meeting the girls, I don't think they were as dirty as you like them

Mike, I USED to have the truck that always broke down, so it was nice for me that it be yours this time instead of mine. hope that we can finish the trail together next time.

Eric #2 (don't know your stagename, sorry) I was bummed to find out you went down early too, maybe you can make another trail ride Ill be on and we can meet up again.

Eric #1 Cotacotrd - Dont take any sh*t for leading us up the wrong trail (you idiot ) If you would have gotten it right the first time, we would have not been better now for the experience of turning around 7 trucks on dime, a stump, and a rock (even though we could have moved the rock!). We would have missed out on the opportunity to become heros to three distressing damsels, and you would have probably arrived at home on time with a much more boring version of what happened on the trail that day. - So Bravo for a great trail run.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can get to it - but first, I have to jimmy the lock on my winch pin

post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 PM

Sounds like you guys missed your trail as well. Awesome pictures! Glad you guys had fun and made it out of there with most of the same pieces.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member

mario my sliders lost there virginity on chinaman gultch in BV! LOL however i do appreciate lining up that pivot action that was some skill to get all the rigs to do it and erics little 9 point turn with the tire up on that rock was a sight to see! cant wait for the pics!
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 12:43 AM

Nice, sounds like quite an adventure - lots of scenery, lots of learning/practice.

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Sounds like you guys missed your trail as well. Awesome pictures! Glad you guys had fun and made it out of there with most of the same pieces.
We did finally find the right trail and completed the orginally intended run but with much more adventure as Packrat1 stated. Good times guys.

Edit: I made an improper comment here regarding others that came along with us to go 4 wheeling.

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights

Last edited by CoTacoTRD; 07-10-2009 at 08:36 PM.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Definately one of the best trail runs i've done! Long day, 9:00am to 9:00pm but it was worth it. Oh, and of all the pictures you took, not one with our damsels in distress?

97 Tacoma ext cab. 3.4 V6, 5spd, 4.88's Kazuma lsd rear, Bilstein adjustable's 2.5" lift up front, Skyjacker 3" rear, All Pro uca's, Skid row armor, FROR rear bumper, BFG km2's 255/85/16.
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

im waiting for the facebook pics from them they took a whole bunch of shots
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, wish I could have made the rest of the run too, but was running out of time. Next time I'll try to have the whole day off. Definately learned some good stuff, like jerry rigged trail repair.

'01 Taco, DD, 33's, dented armor, squeaks, rattles
'80 Pickup, 35's, locked, armored, geared, lifted, and does ok when the hubs are locked in.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat1 View Post
What a BLAST!

Mike, I USED to have the truck that always broke down, so it was nice for me that it be yours this time instead of mine. hope that we can finish the trail together next time.
I think it was the curse of being the FNG on the run. I hope to finish the whole run next time too. I'm still figuring out how I need to look at my rig for maintenance and things like that for off-roading purposes, not just town driving. Never gave that battery tie-down a second though until it broke; now thinking about it, I can't believe it didn't get eaten sooner.

Apparently I can add my spedo cable to the list of carnage to my rig. Worked the whole way back to FoCo, then wasn't working yesterday. I think the connection just got rattled loose from the back of the instrument cluster, but that that looks like a biotch to tear apart based on the Chilton manual...

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
ike
Veteran Member

That isnt that hard to do in reality. check the end on the trans also. those cables wear out on occasion, and it may be time for a replacement.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Pretty sure it's at the instrument cluster. When I was playing with the parking break sensor I noticed a cable that didn't seem to really be connected to anything up above and would be in the right place for the spedo cable.

It probably won't be too difficult, just time consuming. It looks like you have to completely rip apart the dash, but maybe I can circumvent some of the steps for what I need to do.

Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 03:03 PM
ike
Veteran Member

you are going to need to take most of the cover pieces off the drivers side dash, but it is easy and goes quick. the cable just snaps in the back of the instument cluster then. I think i found a hook to make a battery hold down for the runner also.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Looks like fun guys.

I need to start the CoTTORA Art House pic thread for pics like these

Very cool!

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

^^^Never thought of that in an artistic sense but cool.

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Why are the pix so small?

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Why are the pix so small?
I did a bulk load and didn't see the default size was rather small. I will have to adjust that for the next run. I may reload them in an actual album.

What's the matter Troy... your eyes too old to see the small details?

Also Troy we drove by your infamous side slide site without incident.

post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What's the matter Troy... your eyes too old to see the small details?
Yep, and if my eyes are struggling, just imagine how much trouble Doug is having!

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yep, and if my eyes are struggling, just imagine how much trouble Doug is having!
Sorry I will have to make the pics more 'Senior' friendly.

post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

there were pix?

Wait, one of us has perfect vision, the other one wears some thick ass glasses. Sorry man, you stand alone here.

But, as the old guy said, the pix are kind of small..

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.

Last edited by mrdoug; 07-10-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: removing potentially offensive comments
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 10:50 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Looks like fun guys.

I need to start the CoTTORA Art House pic thread for pics like these

Very cool!
I started the arthouse thread https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135783

So post up them pics! (I don't want to post em because I want you to get credit!)

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
^^^Never thought of that in an artistic sense but cool.
Sometimes 'just' trail shots come out fairly artistic. I always get in trouble when I start talking about photos, so I'll just say I agree and noted that one as more of an 'artistic' shot when I was originally looking through them.

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member

OK. I reloaded the pictures in a larger size for the eyesight impaired old people in an album. That album is here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow

Enjoy!

post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member

Still no pix of the girls huh?

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Still no pix of the girls huh?
Dirty old man...

1976 FJ40
2006 Tacoma *Sold*
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoblanca97 View Post
k

i swear someone took a picture of that girl all sprawled out on pakrat's hood.
lol !!

But, I would not have let that happen - I'm Happily Married.. remember..... Apperantly, some things went on that I was not privy to.

Last edited by packrat1; 07-11-2009 at 05:18 PM.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
ike
Veteran Member

fucking dirty old man.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode