WFTW July 18th Official Event Pic Thread - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Talking WFTW July 18th Official Event Pic Thread

Thought someone ought to start one. ill upload a few once i have the good ones resized!

Edit (added by Molly)

Hey all, I now have a Colorado WFTW Picture Web site. I am hoping those of you who took pics can add yours to it. (I have already those pics posted here) If you have problems adding pics (I don;t think you have to be e member of shutterfly to do so) just post them here or email me - and i will add them for you). The idea is to have a place that other folks who came to our WFTW event can add pics and not be a member of CoTTORA to do so.

The site is at: http://coloradowftw.shutterfly.com/

We now have a shared shutterfly account you all can use to add you pics!

Login: [email protected]
Password: wftw

You can also add videos and leave comments. There is also a calendar and message board. So please use it!! (Since over half of the WFTW July 18th event participants were not just CoTTORA!) I tried to give picture credits to whomever took them too!

Last edited by Lysmachia; 07-21-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

Tease.

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

My pics from the Iron Chest run

doug getting unstuck on the migratory boulder.

ike in the same spot

mrdoug through the window of the rustic cabin

the view from the top

some of the other wheelers. petes pretaco looked ready for war

me at the top

slow guy did make an appearance. nate just didnt want to let him out to play.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:02 PM
ike
Veteran Member

nice pics, it was a great time.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member

I didn't get a ton, because we ran through the trail pretty quickly. I wish I could've snapped the pics of Mythica on Whales Tail sooner, but he went right up it so quick, I didn't have time to turn the camera on.

This is Mythica's uncle's yoke about ready to snap on Whales Tail:

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time. Funny I was on 285 both Saturday and Sunday but not that far down.

CoTacoTRD~07 DC TRD~3" ToyTech Coilovers~Bilstein 5100's ~ Goodyear Duratrac's 285/75/R16~Slee Sliders~Spidertrax Wheel Spacers~ Quick Air OBA~All Pro Skids~ARB Bumper~Custom Exhaust~Snorkel~Sol Tek Lights
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 PM
ike
Veteran Member

I am amazed that joint did not break.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Baldwin Lake Pics

A few more here: http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...W%20July%2018/
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

Nice pics! Looks like fun to me. Keep them coming...

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Attila's pix are here

http://4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/3426

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to poorboyota26
I was too busy trying to jump the little ditches for the water run off to take pics but here's what I got.
Pack Rat fixing a broken wire connector that made him boil (litterally)

Nate watching

86 runner
Rebuilt 22re, r151, ep9.0, 31's, addicted front bumper
04 Tacoma DC with custom body work
Dreams of owning a fzj80, fj60, fj45 troopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Yea, 2 days later and I still feel like a sack of assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Leary ExPo
Years from now, when we are dead and gone... the roaches will be driving little Toyotas with 3.4s.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 AM

Looks like some good pics and a good turnout, at least vehicle-wise. That's a lot of rigs in one place!

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:06 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
For all the rambunctiousness Layla was this weekend she didn't move yesterday

Silly dog! (Thanks for taking her on Tincup Kevin!)

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Ace is always beat the first day back from wheeling/camping.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
Here are some of the better ones from Attila's 170 pics!!!

A bevy of Jeeps coming in for registration

The gang lining up for their respective trails

The Carnage Group lining up!

Spindleshanks guarding the Baldwin Lakes/Mt Antero Line Up

We come prepared!

Morning Driver/Rider meeting

Baldwin Lakes and Mt Antero Group Pics by Attila:

The JeepGuy Towing to the trail head

Heading up the trail

Shelf road action!

Attila near the top (Was this Baldwin Lakes or Mt Antero?)

Duck Troy! (I hope you got him Attila!)

Regroup at Baldwin Lakes trail head

Some Jeep action

Attila skeetching at the top of Antero

Coming up Antero!

Altitude 13,722 Feet!

So did you have altitude sickness Attila?

Parked near the summit of Mt Antero

Spindleshanks (jeremy) doing what he can to keep his "Mr Clean" image at the end of the trail

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
awesome..... simply awesome.

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

The documented vehicle count is 47

The documented head count is 61

We had a last-minute rush of vehicles arriving and I'm fairly certain we didn't get all of them logged in or account for all of the bodies, so unofficially I think we're @ 50 vehicles and @ 65 people attending.

Of those attending, more than 1/3 are veterans and/or wounded veterans.

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
Troy you gotta post some of the best ones! Plus your shutterfly site won't open for me when I click on it!
Linky worky for me and yeah, some of those pics are spectacular!

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Pics from Charlie and Laurie:

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you!!

Wheelers for the Wounded Folk,

I wanted to take a few moments and thank all of you for making this day special. For the last 18 months I have been cautiously optimistic and have been humbled by the support each of you have shown. We started with a simple plan to get together and make a trail run to show our support, but our plans slowly expanded and eventually blossomed into July 18, 2009, and instead of a dozen of us getting together for an afternoon, we formed a coalition of four-wheel drive clubs from all over the state that coordinated a spectacular day on 4 beautiful trails with 50 rigs and 60+ participants! I can’t thank you enough and my mind is now spinning with future possibilities.

In that vein, if you have photos or comments you would like to share, I would like to start collecting them so we can start promoting next year’s event(s). Feel free to email or post, and send me the links to material you are willing to share.
**Edit - added by Molly**
We now have a central Colorado WFTW Web Site for pics and comments at:
http://coloradowftw.shutterfly.com/

I also wanted to take some time to thank a few folks in particular. These individuals are the core of this effort and without them none of this would have come to fruition:

Brian C for participating in our charity wrenching events and donating his time (his only day off during the week) and his expertise to work on rigs.

Don G, for making substantial donations to fund this event and for his blood and sweat during several of the charity events. Next time you better get the day off!!

Doug H for the masterful grill work in, keeping us all smiling during adversity and taking the time to help plan the awesome BBQ menu. Have a cigarette on me… NO, NO! Don’t do it!!

Gary G for being our local expert in the BV area, helping us coordinate the trail runs, and helping me work out many of the details to keep this event on track and safe for everyone.

Jim A for working on tracking down wounded veterans, contacting the VA, DAV, MedHold, American Legion, Easter Seals, and so many others I’ve lost track, getting 300+ fliers distributed in Denver, Colorado Springs and other locals along the front range, helping us collect supplies from all over and to the event, and for keeping us on track, focused and motivated.

Jock T for helping me keep my sanity, showing up at every event and helping out wherever he could, designing the Colorado WFTW commemorative sticker, and taking up the role of treasurer for our organization.

Kevin and Susan G for getting us connected with many of the folks down south that we had never met before and really made this event a success.

Layton B for supplying the tow rig, trailer, and making the drive all over the front range and up to BV and back with all that in tow, working as a liaison with the BLM and USFS and facilitating the Letter of Agreement for the land use, donating a large portion of our food stuffs and manning the staging area and food tent during the event.

Matt G for the use of his home and garage facilities for our first charity event in 2008, for his support for this event from Day One and for his service to our country. We missed you Matt, but saved some brats for ya!

Molly H for coordinating our charity events in Parker, Longmont and Colorado Springs, coordinating the schlepping of all our gear and food to BV, and manning the staging area and food tent during the event. Truly, without Molly, this event would not have happened

Scott R and Big Horn Graphics for donating the Colorado WFTW commemorative stickers.

Troy G for volunteering the resources of CoTTORA to support this event, supplying the location, tools and experience for many of our charity events, not to mention hours and hours of mechanical advice, experience and plain old labor to get rigs ready to participate.

Sean Y for his overall support, and helping with his mechanical and welding experience at our charity events.

Shane W and the staff at Peterson AFB’s Auto Skills Center who graciously hosted our last charity event and allowed us to use their facility, tools and expertise to work on a number of projects, the proceeds from which made all the difference.

Members of CoTTORA, Colorado4Wheelers, Colorado4x4, Front Range 4x4Blanca4x4 and Rising Sun, each of whom took the time and effort to support this event during its development, and especially on July 18th by showing their support in person.

We also had support from a number of agents, supporters and sponsors:

Bill Burke’s 4-wheeling America for his kind words as we ramped up this event and the donation of several items that went to our participants.

Boulder Sausage for donating a portion of the food served at the BBQ.

The Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce for helping us get in touch with many of the local folks who helped put this all together.

Expedition One for the donation of a number of discount coupons that went to our participants

Joseph Kreiss and KVRH radio in Salida for getting us on the radio and joining us at the event to document our success.

Linda S and Tambi G with BLM and USFS, respectively, who were very helpful and accommodating while making sure we complied with the regulatory needs of those agencies.

Scott M and Unlimited Sanitary for supplying our septic closets at a great price, along with great set-up and tear-down service.

ToyTec Lifts for the donation of several items that went to our participants.

WabFab Off-Road and the Wabbit for their donation and support.

Thanks again to everyone who participated, and looking forward to next year!

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
720-334-1747
[email protected]
[email protected]

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

I have a few from OCG with Kyle, my uncle and I's trucks.

I cant believe this did not break.

Doris almost had the whale.

she kept falling over to the outside.

Kyle got hung up on his tcase hear. had to be tugged out, he was stuck, it took a lot of work from the winch to get him out

Coming down Kyle got really tippy out of no where

My bro helped him out though

We had a great time! Kyle everyone that was with me wanted to say thanks for a great fun run! We look forward to it again in the future

Unfortunatly we left 4 mile and went over to wheeler on our way home. Well let s just say that wasnt a good idea....... I will have a new thread posted up here in a while.

Jerry

'98 Tacoma TRD

......I see a dark sail on the horizon, set under a black cloud that hides the sun....

......Savage Rabid Beast.......
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:32 PM
In Rememberance

Exclamation Colorado WFTW Picture Web Site

Hey all, I now have a Colorado WFTW Picture Web site. I am hoping those of you who took pics can add yours to it. (I have already those pics posted here) If you have problems adding pics (I don't think you have to be a member of shutterfly to do so) just post them here or email me - and i will add them for you). The idea is to have a place that other folks who came to our WFTW event can add pics and not be a member of CoTTORA to do so.

The site is at: http://coloradowftw.shutterfly.com/

You can also add videos and leave comments. There is also a calendar and message board. So please use it!! (Since over half of the WFTW July 18th event participants were not just CoTTORA!) I tried to give picture credits to whomever took them too!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

More pics from Scott on Iron Chest:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...est%207-18-09/

and some storyline!

"Most of us on the Iron Chest run missed the BBQ. One of the guys had his Jeep die and wouldn't restart and unfortunately it was at the end of the day. I drove back down to the OCG trail head to get my tow rig and drove back up to load up his Jeep. You guys were taking down the big canopy over the BBQ area at that time. We got him down off the trail and to the Gunsmoke there in Johnson's Village where his father met us with a trailer to haul him home. The trail leader, Mike from Colorado4Wheelers, and a few others stuck around to make sure everything was taken care of. We all hit the road at about 10PM and I was rolling into bed at 2AM (I live north of Greeley)."

That sounds a lot like the kind of crew we like to hang with.

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Good job getting him off the trail and home.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member

Oh man.. that sucks (bout the guy stuck on iron chest till 10pm). I had to bail and quick run down the trail to get the grill going. I kind of feel a little guilty since it seems like they got stuck/left on the trail while we bbq'd.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Chalkie
Re: Thank you!

While I appreciate the recognition, I think we ALL owe Eric a huge round of applause and a resounding "Thank YOU!!" You were the 'glue' that held it all together!
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Good pics, I'll work on mine tonight!

Doug, everyone made it off Iron Chest. I believe they had issues on Grizzly Lake.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
While I appreciate the recognition, I think we ALL owe Eric a huge round of applause and a resounding "Thank YOU!!" You were the 'glue' that held it all together!
x2

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruzer View Post
More pics from Scott on Iron Chest:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...est%207-18-09/

and some storyline!

"Most of us on the Iron Chest run missed the BBQ. One of the guys had his Jeep die and wouldn't restart and unfortunately it was at the end of the day. I drove back down to the OCG trail head to get my tow rig and drove back up to load up his Jeep. You guys were taking down the big canopy over the BBQ area at that time. We got him down off the trail and to the Gunsmoke there in Johnson's Village where his father met us with a trailer to haul him home. The trail leader, Mike from Colorado4Wheelers, and a few others stuck around to make sure everything was taken care of. We all hit the road at about 10PM and I was rolling into bed at 2AM (I live north of Greeley)."

That sounds a lot like the kind of crew we like to hang with.
Kudos to Scott for driving all the way back to OCG from Iron Chest and then driving all the way back with his tow rig to help out!

'99 Taco
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRunnertc View Post
x2
enough can not be said ... I can attest to the undertaking and the outcome speaks for itself ...

A personal thank you Eric and Kat, as well as ,everyone that put any effort into supporting this event that represents something so much bigger than any one of us!

'99 Taco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode