Colorado Holy Cross - Aug 09 - Pic Thread - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Talking Colorado Holy Cross - Aug 09 - Pic Thread

Had a great weekend with everyone despite the multiple breaks our group had. didnt get any pics myself, but i know others did so post them up!

Mod edit: Pics will include-
* Flat Tops (Friday)
* Camping and Night run (all the time)
* Holy Cross (Saturday)
* Mosquito Pass (Sunday)
* John and Mel back home (Sunday/Monday)

A Special thanks to The Jeep Guy for his willingness to never leave a guy behind and go home and then all the way back up for Nate's rig which had serious alignment issues.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Mosquito Pass was a cool way back!

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

made it back just in time for all my obligations and an evening bike ride. dont think i took a single pic. cant wait to see the ones molly has from the night run! Glowcubes!

John and Mel, great meeting both of you. hopefully we'll see you again soon whether its in AZ or up here!

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Great Group, GREAT wheeling. I am uploading pics NOW! Ike I gotta rename this thread though, kinda vague

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 PM
In Rememberance

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
Camp Pics and HC Night Run

Some of the camping and night run pics:

Nate's rig stuffed to the gills with dead wood!

Shawn (theJeepGuy) Trying to weld the taint (I mean fire) poker.

Jade came to visit us with the El Camino!

Then he (Jade) had a problem of glowing nuts.

The GLOWING night run begins! (1st part of HC to a little above the bail out)

Jay fixing his glow cube...

Glowing antenna are the coolest!

The rest of this night is in video

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Quote:
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:22 PM.
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:30 PM
In Rememberance

Holy Cross Saturday - On the way up:

John (Stealth4x4) from AZ

Jay taking a hard line (obstacle right before french creek)

Ike on same obstacle

Stryper chews it UP!

The CoTTORA Slow Kid along for the ride!

(Again I have more vid of this and Melanie has even more pics... Don't worry I WILL make this video this week! I mean CoTTORA HC is becoming legend!... especially since ass hats from no where will go through all the PITA to sign up and post about us )

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:23 PM.
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Ill get my pics up, and update later.

Trucks pretty thrashed. Looks nothing like it did wednesday night... thats for sure.
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623

Shawn is good peeps.....

We too had a good time this weekend, although no other Toys were there this trip.

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 PM
In Rememberance

French Creek:

TheJeepGuy Walks it.

Ron doesn't.

*#^[email protected] LAYLA! She found a dead Elk and rolled in it. OOOH I was so pissed. She REAKED! Got some Fast orange and scrubbed her as best I could.

Nate's (00RegCab) Rig parked while we winched Ron out.

And then I am missing a BUNCH of French Creek pics cuz I went to help Troy fix Ron's busted CV. (Hoping Melanie has pics)

MrDoug got through just fine!

As did Scooter (Josh)

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:26 PM.
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
In Rememberance

Ike didn't like the tippy line we had him on the root above French Creek!

MrDoug acted fine with it.

Stryper had the SA line dialed in

Rigs coming up to Holy Cross City

Troy leading up to Cleveland Rock

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:28 PM.
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

What a tease stopping the pics there

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 PM
In Rememberance

Cleveland Rock:

One of the Jeeps in front of us made many attempts and finally made it.

Kinda fun watching him go down! (Tippy)

Shawn (theJeepGuy) Unstacked the super-highway that had been stacked from jeeps before him.

So he had a MUCH harder time because there was no stacked rocks. He gave up after a respectable few tries.

Layla, all clean and fresh from her Anti-Dead Elk bath managed to completely tangle herself while watching.

John, (Stealth4x4) didn't drive 14 hours NOT to at least try Cleveland rock!

The Strap crew:

Scooter got the Munny award for making it up (2nd time that week) - I have lots more vid of this!

The way back down. MrDoug on the Root!

Nate (00RegCab) lines up

Glad Ron's new shoes were nice and grippy!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:28 PM.
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
In Rememberance

Ok I need to go through my vids and make stills of the cool-ass wheel stand pics we got going back down in french creek. I will do that tomorrow. But for now, here are the stills I already have

00RegCab and Mr Doug

MrDoug had some sexy wheel stand action!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:

Last edited by Lysmachia; 08-12-2009 at 05:30 PM.
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

Great pics so far, keep em coming.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
In Rememberance

I'm gonna have to do flat tops and Misquito pass tomorrow I am wiped!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

good lookin pics so far molly! cant wait to see mel's. i didnt actually take any this time around. what else is new?
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Looks like a good hard run with a fair bit of crawling. I'll be interested to see the Mosquito pics - in the interest of time and the unknown I bailed on it coming back home Friday (and still got home late doing what we did instead).

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

You would make mosquito. There are a few rocky spots that would make you nervous, but you would make it without issue no the less.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
You would make mosquito. There are a few rocky spots that would make you nervous, but you would make it without issue no the less.
It was more the rented stock Nissan Pathfinder my parents were trailing me with that I was worried about after reading the Traildamage description of a section where 'stock SUVs may get turned back here'. The time thing not knowing how long it would take to get over and the potential of having to come back down the same side and just lose the time was the big thing, as they wanted an 'early evening' before driving back to IN the following day.

'07 Tacoma Sport AC V6 Auto 4x4, Black
Still pretty much stock.
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
ike
Veteran Member

We saw a stock first gen tundra up there and a stock full size chevy, so i am sure they could have made it. But you are right in leaning twoards the side of caution in my opinion.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
07 Ninja 650R
post #21 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member

Nice pics so far Molly!

Many thanks to all who took part in the HC run, the other wheeling we did out here, the beerfest and debauchery back in the city before the weekend began, for all the tips and route planning asistance, and for offering up a place for a couple of outsiders from AZ to stay for a few nights before the run. Basically, I just expressed an interest in coming up here to go wheeling and CoTTORA took care of the rest! Nate, Shawn, Molly... Hell, Everyone in CoTTORA we've met and wheeled with pretty much just plain kicks ass! You all made our vacation up here fantastic. Great to meet those of you we hadn't had a chance to run into before. Mel said on the way home, "those guys are the most fun to wheel with... they come to the runs prepared, have good trail ethics, talk a lot of shit, but are all pretty good guys." I figure that's a pretty fair assessment of the folks who actually showed up for this one. Those of you who missed it, you pretty much suck. Haha.

We're in a hotel in Durango tonight... Got in about an hour ago after taking the route we discussed with Molly, Troy and Ike through Leadville, Lake City, Ouray, etc. We "wheeled" our way through the stunning and scenic Cottonwood Pass (easy forest road but busy as hell) and then made it through Engineer's pass (also super scenic, not so busy, a little bumpy, but nothing too technical aside from 2 optional obstacles, a large rock slab and a pair of large boulders that form a decent shelf to climb). That one would be more fun wheeling the steeper rockier stuff uphill from the Ouray side.

Still a day or two out from home so no pics from us will be up for a while. Mel did take some stills and vids though, so eventually we'll have a look and post up some footage (she says there should be some decent sound bytes from FC when someone was peeling out in their truck throwing gravel on the spectators and everone protected their eyes but one guy (not from our group) who covered his beer and let the gravel hit him --that's dedication.. also could be a good bit of color commentary from when I lifted a tire on Cleveland at HC, but we have not had time to look at any of the pics or vids so don't really know what we have yet).

Thanks again everyone. If you ever make it to AZ, you know we will reciprocate the generosity in any way we can.

~John & Melanie

Degenerate

'03 D-cab Prerunner (4wd conversion)[/SIZE]
D-Cab https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115481
'85 4Runner Geared, Locked & Exo'd on 37's
Toyzilla https://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168734
post #22 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Great pix so far.

FWIW, I wouldn't say I made it thru just fine. I did get stuck a couple of times and had to be pushed off to get a slightly better run at it. I've got to learn the difference between "go-go-go" and "no-no-no".. I kept taking the foot off the skinny pedal cause I thought they were saying "no".

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #23 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:03 AM

Molly, Nate, John & Mel, Shawn; good meeting you all. Thanks for the hospitality over my NOOBness. Shawn, thanks for all the plug work, I owe you some plugs. I'm working on getting my truck a bit more trail ready, so next time I meet up with you guys, I wont be so noob.
Had quite the adventure on the way down Transfer, some tree removal

That was one stubborn tree, took half my afternoon up... Next time you all are this way, make sure to do transfer, I think you(Molly especially)would enjoy that side of the flat tops.

Robert the Bruce Campbell
~NE OBLIVISCARIS~
"Never Forget"
Quote:
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, you had to get a new one anyway
post #24 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
awesome stuff...... looks like a great time.

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
post #25 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'd say JeepGuy is ok with tippy! Jesus man, how many times do I have to flop before I'm as ok with that line as you are?

Molly, I need to bug you about some full size pix of my truck from this run.

de·gen·er·ate

post #26 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Awesome picts!

Sorry i didnt really get to run with you all.

I got up there friday night around 2am due to some steering pump issues. So i slept in a little late, but hey i caught you at french creek.

I made the far right line up the creek for the very first time , but then about 100 yards up the trail my steering pump took a crap. So i had to fight her the rest of the way down the trail with practically no steering, i was at the rev limiter pretty much the whole way down, its the only way i could get the pump to work at all.

So all in all i lost TWO count it TWO power steering pumps. I have a huge feeling that this new steering box i got is F**ked and in the process costing me a lot of money.

Oh well i had a blast on the trail.

Jerry

'98 Tacoma TRD

......I see a dark sail on the horizon, set under a black cloud that hides the sun....

......Savage Rabid Beast.......
post #27 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
In Rememberance

Quote:

Yeah, I'd say JeepGuy is ok with tippy! Jesus man, how many times do I have to flop before I'm as ok with that line as you are?

Molly, I need to bug you about some full size pix of my truck from this run.
No shit huh Doug? Shawn is just nuts!

I will load all the pics and video up on my portable hard drive for ya! (Or you can come over and pick and choose!)

John and Mel, sounds like your trip back through c-rado was great. Very cool! I can't wait to see your pics either!!!

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #28 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Awesome picts!

Sorry i didnt really get to run with you all.

I got up there friday night around 2am due to some steering pump issues. So i slept in a little late, but hey i caught you at french creek.

I made the far right line up the creek for the very first time , but then about 100 yards up the trail my steering pump took a crap. So i had to fight her the rest of the way down the trail with practically no steering, i was at the rev limiter pretty much the whole way down, its the only way i could get the pump to work at all.

So all in all i lost TWO count it TWO power steering pumps. I have a huge feeling that this new steering box i got is F**ked and in the process costing me a lot of money.

Oh well i had a blast on the trail.
Man that sucks... I was looking forward to wheeling with you finally. Hope you get that worked out.

de·gen·er·ate

post #29 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
In Rememberance

Yeah Jerry we were bummed we missed you But in the interest of the discussion on the HC planning thread we had to keep moving!

We really do want to wheel with you one of these years

Molly
aka Lysmachia

Quote:
post #30 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Still pissed that I didnt get to even try Cleveland Rock. Really wanted that dammit.

Anyways, heres my pics:

Slow guy chillin:

Truck at camp:

Flat tops:

That fawkin Jeep guy:

My truck behind the Jeep, White Owl lake:

Deep Creek Overlook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode