Kelly Flats 10/15/11 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Kelly Flats 10/15/11

What an awesome day! A bit windy on Heartattack hill, but not a bad day to do some wheelin' Thanks for setting it up Ike.

We had some carnage, a newbie, Shawn, had to go back to town to get some parts. Ike is gonna need an elocker motor. Mike might be looking into some minor fiberglass repair. I will need to repaint part of my driver's slider, front bumper, and get another fog light cover. Not sure about Doug cause he was helping the newbie.

So here are some pics, again not many of them, too busy wheelin'

DENIED AT THE CHUTES!!!

Hopefully others took some pics and can post 'em up.

Last edited by Yanman; 10-15-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:48 PM

Hey Yanman, nice front axle! Truck looks good. Looks like a fun place to do some wheeling. I can't wait until I can get out to CO next summer..... Have fun y'all.

93 Pickup to 96 Tacoma. Convinced you can go anywhere on 31's and a locker.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Had a great day.

Pics I took are on facebook.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammity Sam View Post
Hey Yanman, nice front axle! Truck looks good. Looks like a fun place to do some wheeling. I can't wait until I can get out to CO next summer..... Have fun y'all.
Thanks! Hopefully I'll see ya out here on the trails next year!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Veteran Member

yup, good times. We had Shawn's radiator swapped out in about 20 min. Turns out he only lost about 2-3 qt's of ATF when he took out the bottom of the rad.

We ran the rest of the trail. I lost a mirror when I slid off the wall in the chutes. Turns out I forgot to re-lock one of my hubs on the way back into the trail. I ended up doing the chutes twice before I realized why I was having so much trouble. Ran it a third time and it was much easier.

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:39 PM

I want to thank you guys for your assistance after my unfortunate radiator mishap.You guys showed some real character. Doug even took the time to make sure I got to the parts I needed, and helped with my radiator swap. He even refused to accept any gas money. I did get some pics of us on Heart Attack Hill, and a few pics of Doug running the Chutes in 3 wheel drive.

Here is the link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/shawnst..._gz6a4qK7-owE#

Shawn St.Cyr
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Glad to hear your radiator swap finished up easy.

Nice pics guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanman View Post

Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!

88 4Runner, 3.Slow 5spd, 4.88's and lockers, 265 75 KM2's

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Turns out I forgot to re-lock one of my hubs on the way back into the trail. I ended up doing the chutes twice before I realized why I was having so much trouble. Ran it a third time and it was much easier.
Ike did half the Chutes without his rear locker engaged. I think you guys did that on purpose so you would have more of a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnstcyr View Post
I want to thank you guys for your assistance after my unfortunate radiator mishap.You guys showed some real character. Doug even took the time to make sure I got to the parts I needed, and helped with my radiator swap. He even refused to accept any gas money. I did get some pics of us on Heart Attack Hill, and a few pics of Doug running the Chutes in 3 wheel drive.

Here is the link to the photos I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/shawnst..._gz6a4qK7-owE#
It was good meeting you too Shawn, and glad to hear that you made it out of there. Two words which might help next time. Skid Plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RunnerMike View Post
Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!
Nice to meet you Mike. You'll have to save up your pennies and come up with a plan to fix that tiny rig problem.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the pix Shawn. You should try to make it out for beers and wings next Friday.

de·gen·er·ate

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Doug, what size tires are you running? Your truck looks huge in that picture.

1994 Toyota Pickup, 40's, duals, exo
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

37x12.5 mtr kevlars. They measure out to about 36.75 last time I checked (its been a few runs). They are noticably taller than 37" creepy crawlers, I haven't compared them to others.

de·gen·er·ate

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 10:05 PM
#1 cruiser

Thats a big reason I went with the goodyears. They measure taller than the swampers do.

Felix is my Hero!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RunnerMike View Post
Had a blast again, great to meet Yanman and Shawn. Glad to hear your radiator swap finished up easy.

Nice pics guys!

Man, my rig looks tiny lined up with everyone like that!
Mike, now that you are geared and locked, are you ready for big boy tires yet? How'd you do on the chutes?

97 Tacoma ext cab. 3.4 V6, 5spd, 4.88's Kazuma lsd rear, Bilstein adjustable's 2.5" lift up front, Skyjacker 3" rear, All Pro uca's, Skid row armor, FROR rear bumper, BFG km2's 255/85/16.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Nice to meet you Mike. You'll have to save up your pennies and come up with a plan to fix that tiny rig problem.
Yeah, I have something of a plan, it's mostly a matter of gathering the pennies. Now, what did I do with those money tree seeds?? <scratches head />

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlanca97 View Post
Mike, now that you are geared and locked, are you ready for big boy tires yet? How'd you do on the chutes?
Yup, moving up to 32's or 33's is high on my list, still trying to figure out how much I really want to spend on them and if I want to switch to 16" rims or to keep my 15's.

Didn't do too bad; got most of the way up the first ledge of my first try but got stopped when I flexed out. That LSD up front seems to help out as long as I keep slight ground contact on both tires, but if either one gets fully lifted up, it doesn't put enough power to the down wheel to turn it.

When I backed off a bit to try again, my ass slipped off my line a couple of inches and from then everything I did moved me into the wall on the left a little at a time. I played around in there some but just backed off and called it a day once I got snuggled up against that wall.

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, as soon as my KM2's wear out i'm going to move up to a 16" wheel. There's just alot more tire choices in 285 75 16's than there are in 33 10.50 15's. What LSD are you running up front?

97 Tacoma ext cab. 3.4 V6, 5spd, 4.88's Kazuma lsd rear, Bilstein adjustable's 2.5" lift up front, Skyjacker 3" rear, All Pro uca's, Skid row armor, FROR rear bumper, BFG km2's 255/85/16.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Yeah, that's my main consideration in moving to 16's, I think it may be worth the cost now to have more choices later.

Detroit Truetrack.

Quote:
Quote:
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
You guys brought your own hot chick air guitarist to serenade you while you got your 4-wheel on? That's hardcore!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 02:18 PM

Actually, she was with a dude with a pretty nice early Toyota (don't remember if it was 1st or 2nd gen truck) that started up ahead of us and we caught up to in the chutes.

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, we travel with our own Air band.. that's how we roll.

de·gen·er·ate

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
ike
Veteran Member

Just looked at the pics of doug in the chutes. The big rock that was in the center of the trail got moved against the driver wall between when I ran it and doug did. Wonder if it was the jeeps we saw. That would have made it easy as hell and would have not given me the damage I got.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode