BV Carnage 11-19-11 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

BV Carnage 11-19-11

Excellent day wheeling with some great friends on Carnage. We had 6 rigs. 2 Toyotas, 2 Jeeps, and 2 buggies. Both Toyota's are on 40's, one Rokmen Jeep on 42's, the other Rokmen Jeep on 37's, Scotty C's new buggy, and jpmassey's monster on 47's. No major issues with any of the rigs, everyone had a good day on the trail.

Cory and I (the two Toyota's) had to pull cable once, the damn ledges before the V-Notch. They are super dug out and had some mud at the bottom. Dave's Jeep on 37's made the ledges and the notch. Jeff's Jeep made the ledges but needed a small winch pull on the notch. His driver's side rear tire was too far up the wall and he tried everything he could to move it. He ended up with an awesome wheel stand. Scotty and jpmassey's buggies drove the ledges and the notch no problem.

This was the first trip though Carnage that everyone ended up making the exit! Even the 93" wheelbase TJ on 37's (without any issues, it was impressive)!

The parking lot in the morning. Mountains and clouds gave us quite the view.

Both Rokmen Jeeps and myself, right after the entrance.

Very little snow on the trail. It was in great shape for being Nov 19th.

Jeff lining up for the turtle rock.

On the belly

This Jeep is sick!

Boulder field before the V-Notch. You can see the mud at the bottom of the ledges at the bottom of the picture. No bees this late in the season, that's always a bonus

Trying a couple different lines on the ledges.

Starting up the notch.

Nice wheelstand!

The clouds stayed over the mountains all day. The weather was great, no wind in the canyon.

I've got some great video from my GoPro, I'll get it posted soon.

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTCO
If you build an F-Toy it better be the Toyota motor home class, because your going to be living in it! Your wife would kill you if took on that big of a project!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyota26
Yeah it needs more troyangulation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member

Great pics. What is that in background of the last pic? Did somebody put up a barrier so that people will quit driving up that new line by the trees? The new line looks like it had been used quite a bit since I was last there.

And I don't usually care for Jeeps, but that silver one looks bad ass!

1980 Toyota Pickup: CB antenna, custom 2-tone paint, duct tape mod, weight reduction, 29" meats. sway bar and torque bar removed for MAD FLEX.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
Great pics. What is that in background of the last pic? Did somebody put up a barrier so that people will quit driving up that new line by the trees? The new line looks like it had been used quite a bit since I was last there.

And I don't usually care for Jeeps, but that silver one looks bad ass!
Yes, there was a barrier up so people couldn't go left.

The silver Jeep is very nice! 42's on a minimal lift (I think he said 2" suspension and 1.5" body). The other Jeep did very well also. It's their newest Jeep. Everything on that Jeep is completely bolt on. No welder needed. The short arm suspension worked great. It had it's issues. The stock rear lower control arm brackets stick way down on the frame. He got caught on them quite a bit but he still ran the entire trail with no damage (fender flares took a beating though).

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
If you build an F-Toy it better be the Toyota motor home class, because your going to be living in it! Your wife would kill you if took on that big of a project!
Quote:

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Scotty and his new buggy

My new body & slider work on the 4Runner

I hit driver's side slider hard at some point on the trail. Slider flexed up and dented the body and bent the slider so the door doesn't quite clear the slider. You can see the slider bent way up in that last pic.

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Quote:
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
ike
Veteran Member

Looks like a great day of wheeling. Thanks for the pics.

Degenerate

I am not lost

98 mazda protege
99 v6 trd taco-some stuff
07 Ninja 650R
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

I'm glad to hear that lower ledge was actually as tough as I thought it was. Last time I ran it, I had all kinds of trouble getting up into the notch and was sitting there thinking "nobody ever talks about this, why the hell am I having so much trouble".

So what line thru the exit did you all take?

de·gen·er·ate

I'm outside your window watching you read this.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member

Everybody "drove" the exit w/o winching? Which line?

Shawn
The Token Jeep Guy
with a mobile repair shop
Hand over the Jaffa Cakes and no one gets hurt
Click here bitch!....you know you want to.
FINE! Click here then!
Jeep Clubs...It's a Jeep Thing, and I don't want to understand
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy View Post
Why would I have wrote that everyone made the exit if it didn't happen? Yes, all 6 rigs "drove" the exit. 5 of the rigs were even on non-stickies if that makes you feel better.

I'll get the video posted soon. It will show the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
I'm glad to hear that lower ledge was actually as tough as I thought it was. Last time I ran it, I had all kinds of trouble getting up into the notch and was sitting there thinking "nobody ever talks about this, why the hell am I having so much trouble".

Those ledges just keep getting dug deeper and deeper by the guys on 42's, 47's, and 49's I've got video of me hitting them in double low 3rd gear pinned and still no luck on making them

I winched up the ledges and walked the V-Notch. Walked down and watched the 93" wheelbase bolt on Jeep on 37's behind me make the ledges

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

Yup. Everyone drove the exit unassisted. Hell, if James' wasn't spinning his 47" tire in his beadlocks he would have drove the center line.

I've walked this trail several times, but it was my first time driving it. The buggy worked awesome, and as I get more used to it, I will play with the exit a little more. The buggy walked right up the left line. Everyone was heckling me to turn around, drop it, and try a harder line because it went up too easy. LOL
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
Why would I have wrote that everyone made the exit if it didn't happen? Yes, all 6 rigs "drove" the exit. 5 of the rigs were even on non-stickies if that makes you feel better.

FWIW, I don't think JeepGuy was trying to be a dick. I was with him the second time we ran Carnage, and neither of us have run it with anybody who's actually driven the exit (or even attempted to). Seeing video is great, seeing it in person is better. Looking forward to the video tho.

Scotty, I can't wait to see you and that buggy out on a trail. It's got to be fun having a very well built toy to play in.

de·gen·er·ate

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyC View Post
Yup. Everyone drove the exit unassisted. Hell, if James' wasn't spinning his 47" tire in his beadlocks he would have drove the center line.

I've walked this trail several times, but it was my first time driving it. The buggy worked awesome, and as I get more used to it, I will play with the exit a little more. The buggy walked right up the left line. Everyone was heckling me to turn around, drop it, and try a harder line because it went up too easy. LOL
I'm looking forward to seeing you and that buggy out on a trail. It's got to be fun having a very well built toy to play in.

de·gen·er·ate

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 PM

I had a great time hanging out with everyone, it was an awesome day! I only got a couple pictures of Jeff in the V-Notch.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Veteran Member

how did that jeep do with those Kevlars? I have had trouble getting them to hookup, especially sidewall traction on walls like in the v-notch. I'm told a little less air pressure might help (down to 6lb's or so. I usually run 8 & 10), but from the look in those pix, he's running about the same or more pressure than I was.

de·gen·er·ate

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
how did that jeep do with those Kevlars? I have had trouble getting them to hookup, especially sidewall traction on walls like in the v-notch. I'm told a little less air pressure might help (down to 6lb's or so. I usually run 8 & 10), but from the look in those pix, he's running about the same or more pressure than I was.
Jeff tore a sidewall just before getting to V-notch. So, he had aired up to 10psi since he had to drive the Jeep home. Honestly Jeff struggled a lot that day. It was just one of those days where the lines he picked just weren't working. We've all had days like that where you get your ass handed to you by the trail. Although he ran right out of the exit like everyone else. Corey picked the line on the exit, and nailed it. Everyone followed him right out including both of the Jeeps on Kevlars.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Jeff tore a sidewall just before getting to V-notch. So, he had aired up to 10psi since he had to drive the Jeep home. Honestly Jeff struggled a lot that day. It was just one of those days where the lines he picked just weren't working. We've all had days like that where you get your ass handed to you by the trail. Although he ran right out of the exit like everyone else. Corey picked the line on the exit, and nailed it. Everyone followed him right out including both of the Jeeps on Kevlars.
I know I've had days like that, makes for a frustrating day for sure.

I'm not even going to ask how your buggy did, I'm sure it was a sunday drive thru the country for you.

de·gen·er·ate

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Right click and save as please.

BV Carnage Video - 11-19-11
Low res - 285mb

BV Carnage Video 11/19/11
High Def - 1 GB

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Volcom; 11-29-2011 at 08:24 AM.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Cool video
Thanks. I tried to make it as short as possible time-wise but it still ended up being 23 minutes long. I cut a ton of footage out and it still ended up too long for YouTube.

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
FWIW, I don't think JeepGuy was trying to be a dick. I was with him the second time we ran Carnage, and neither of us have run it with anybody who's actually driven the exit (or even attempted to). Seeing video is great, seeing it in person is better. Looking forward to the video tho.

Scotty, I can't wait to see you and that buggy out on a trail. It's got to be fun having a very well built toy to play in.
It kinda sounded like he was trying to be a dick.

Anyways, it was nice meeting ya at Penrose. I was hoping to see ya run Patriot but driving out of Indy is just as tough! Nice work driving out of Indy (same goes for Goldfinger, OrangeCrusher, and QuickDraw). I haven't tried that way yet. I might have to the next time I run Penrose. Your truck looked good when I walked by it at the intersection

Addicted Off Road

Quote:
Quote:
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Symon623 Send a message via MSN to Symon623 Send a message via Yahoo to Symon623
Good stuff guys. I'll have to check the vids when I get home.... I cant wait to hit it up next summer......

Sy
85 Syota, 6.0/700r4/203/300/60's/Detroits/37 PBRR's/§XX§
02 Cummins tow rig, a few goodies
High Country Renegades
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, I thought about trying to tag along with the buggies up patriot, but figured I'd just slow everybody down, so I stayed with the group I started with.

de·gen·er·ate

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
Thanks for the vid.

I think I see what I was doing wrong. I was on the right line, but was too far passenger in my approach I came in around the smaller rock at the bottom instead of over it, which left me screwed coming across the notch on the way out. Or maybe I just turned too late.

Guess I need to keep running it till I get it right.

de·gen·er·ate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode