Red Cone 7/8 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Red Cone 7/8

Went up RC yesterday to show off Colorado and wheeling to a friend from PA; he got a kick out of it and wants to biuld up a 4Runner. We'll see how that goes... but in the meantime post up pics if you have them; I'm waiting on photobucket to load my bajillion Go Pro pics. Some of them are pretty awesome if I say so myself... (pats self on back).

Big thanks go out to davestaco for allowing me to ride along and fjcruzer for setting up the run! I was hoping for snow, but hail is close enough.

>>Dan

Here's the photobucket link to the album: the pics start at page 36 and go backwards; thanks photobucket...

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ndan/wheeling/

They're BIG pics but it's the smallest setting on the camera, which was mounted on davetaco's windshield on a 60-second interval timer... which is why there's a hood in almost every picture.

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

and I have the stickers to prove it

Anti Bro Lightbar Soceity founder

Last edited by wakkjobb; 07-09-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Nice pics!! I hope to add a few soon
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

We had four friends visiting, three from the Czech Republic and one from China. They were great hosts and guides when we visited them last Christmas, so we thought we'd show them some of the beautiful high country and crazy off-road action. The weather was threatening all day, but was perfect, with some hail on top to remind us we were in Colorado above 12,000 feet. The wet and rocks gave us the opportunity to scramble, spot, strap, winch, and a couple of passenger rear tires had to be changed - one valve stem torn off and a sidewall failure. A great day with three 4x4 clubs represented - thanks to the folks from CoTTORA, FJCruiserForums, and Rising Sun for making this day possible.

Thanks everyone for joining us, offering up seats for our friends, and help on the trail. Perfect day and just the right amount of strife to make it fun!

Pictures on my site here:

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkjobb View Post
Here's the photobucket link to the album: the pics start at page 36 and go backwards; thanks photobucket...

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ndan/wheeling/
What page 36?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruzer View Post
Pictures on my site here:
Nice pics again. Was the flat KM2 on Red Cone the sidewall or tire stem issue? Was the winching on Radical Hill?

Looks like it was a fun trip!

88 4Runner, 3.Slow 5spd, 4.88's and lockers, 265 75 KM2's

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88RunnerMike View Post
Nice pics again. Was the flat KM2 on Red Cone the sidewall or tire stem issue? Was the winching on Radical Hill? Looks like it was a fun trip!
It was a great trip. The KM2 was brand spanking new and the valve steel stem was torn off. The winching was on Radical Hill in the same spot I needed a tug to reset my line. The other tire failure was a BFG AT sidewall failure.

Eric Ross
Denver, CO
07FJC

“Not all who wander are lost…”

http://curtisparkcruiser.weebly.com/

ARB this and that, Warn this and that, OME this and that, Armor this and that, Recovery & Repair this and that...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 AM

I had a blast. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics on this run. The other Dan should have some really good shots though. His camera was clicking away in the passenger seat.

I feel more confident in my bumpers now, thanks to being the middle man during the winch session. lol
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
What page 36?
Under where it says "view trialsindan's profile" you can skip to the last page (pg 38) and then skip to pg 36 where the trip pics start. I have never understood why it does that; it's really annoying...

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkjobb View Post
Under where it says "view trialsindan's profile" you can skip to the last page (pg 38) and then skip to pg 36 where the trip pics start. I have never understood why it does that; it's really annoying...
Hrm, maybe it's different since you're logged in and it's your account?

When I go to your link, the first page has the pics from the run. There is no page 36 or 38, it stops at 28 for me...

As for our pics, gf said she posted them... but of course I can't find them, lol. Should have something today...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm, maybe it's different since you're logged in and it's your account?

When I go to your link, the first page has the pics from the run. There is no page 36 or 38, it stops at 28 for me...

As for our pics, gf said she posted them... but of course I can't find them, lol. Should have something today...
Ah, yeah, I seem them as the first pictures in the album; must be sorting differently when you're logged in.

I've always had Photobucket put pictures in what I consider reverse order when I upload them. Whatever, it's free so I put up with their crappy interface.

88 4Runner, 3.Slow 5spd, 4.88's and lockers, 265 75 KM2's

Quote:
I just did the math. It is, in fact, cheaper to go out drinking every weekend than it would be for me to pay for a legitimate therapist. What are you doing next Friday night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
It's not Marlin's fault I thought I was a race car driver and fucked my shit up.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I've always had Photobucket put pictures in what I consider reverse order when I upload them. Whatever, it's free so I put up with their crappy interface.
Picasa is like 10,000x better and free as well. Plus, you can edit & upload pics straight from the thick client.

As for our pics, evidently she's not done editing... d'oh!

Screw it, I'm posting some. Enjoy!

Tried to get a lineup of all the rigs... there were a couple!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Here's what my friend Dan from PA took; he rode along with OffRue. Sorry for the delay in posting but y'know... life gets busy blah blah blah.

http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh505/legacyofdan9/

I LOVE FELIX!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode