Where to get a light bar chromed? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Where to get a light bar chromed?

Hey all, I might be purchasing this light bar from a company on ebay. The only problem is they do not offer it in Chrome. Since I live in Sterling, to my knowledge there is no place to get anything chromed out here. Does anyone know of any places anywhere from Ft. Collins to Denver or even the Colorado Springs area that will chrome the light bar for me and do a good job?

Here is a link to the bumper on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...147012643&rd=1

The lights I will be putting on my new truck are from my old Tacoma. They are 4 PIAA 80 Series off road lights. Here is a picture of my old Tacoma with the lights on it.

My current one:
2007 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab TRD off road package. Speedway Blue
5100 Bilstein shocks set to 2.5", Rear leaf TSB, Randy Ellis design lightbar, 4 Piaa 80 racing series off road lights from my 97' Tacoma.

My last one:
1997 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab.
White
Pre runner bumper, 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights, American eagle rims, 31" BFG All Terrains and a few other little things. Lost her in 01' because of a bad lease deal.(Will never lease again!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sure there's somewhere in Denver, but I gotta ask ..... why? Painted will be so much easier to take care of!

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member

save your money and buy something that serves more of a purpose. drill some holes in your bumper for now for those lights, then get a nice front bumper....or chrome it, if your headed to the malls.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Specialty Plating Inc
(303) 733-4470
2340 S Delaware St
Denver, CO 80223

They do good work.

Powder coating would a lot easier to take care of and more durable in the end. Or like Troy said, Paint it to match your truck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Prodigy! I will off road my truck but not do anything too extreme in it. I don't have the time or money to do hard core off roading. I want it chrome because it will look good on the truck. If I paint the light bar black it won't look as good on my truck. If I paint it the same color as the rest of my truck I think that will be too much blue but chrome will look good and should last a long time. I bought my 97' in May of 97' and added the off road lights and bumper less than a year later. When I got rid of the truck 4 years later and 214,000 miles on it the bumper still looked just as new as the day I got it.

And Hank, my truck isn't a mall truck. Heck, we don't even have a mall here in Sterling but I do like my trucks to look nice. Maybe one day down the road after I have gotten used to off roading again and if I have the time and money I will either buy or build a truck for serious rock crawling and off roading but not with this one. It is also my daily driver so I don't want it to get beat up on the trails. I just want to have fun in it.

My current one:
5100 Bilstein shocks set to 2.5", Rear leaf TSB, Randy Ellis design lightbar, 4 Piaa 80 racing series off road lights from my 97' Tacoma.

My last one:
White
Pre runner bumper, 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights, American eagle rims, 31" BFG All Terrains and a few other little things. Lost her in 01' because of a bad lease deal.(Will never lease again!)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDawg View Post
I just want to have fun in it.
I don't see a problem with that at all!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

hey man, im completely stock and its my dd too. im just a prick sometimes. dude, i dont have the money to do extreme wheeling/rock crawling either. but there are some small things to do that really help your wheeling capabilites, whether you wheel a lot or not. i just dont see myself spending money on looks, but then again my truck is a 96 and a little beat up already. whatever floats your boat man.

search before doing anything, even farting, or people will shove that fart so far up your ass, your burp will smell like shit.

96 Tacoma SX 2.7 5spd, bone stock on 31's.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Brandon
at work for hard chrome we use:
denver metal finishing
303-295-1380

I know they do decorative chroming too.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksyota View Post
hey man, im completely stock and its my dd too. im just a prick sometimes. dude, i dont have the money to do extreme wheeling/rock crawling either. but there are some small things to do that really help your wheeling capabilites, whether you wheel a lot or not. i just dont see myself spending money on looks, but then again my truck is a 96 and a little beat up already. whatever floats your boat man.
I wasn't offended by what you said. I'm pretty thick skinned and can take some ribbing. Since joining this site it seems many of the trucks are set up for hard core rock crawling and off roading and I thought that maybe you thought that is what I wanted to do.

My current one:

My last one:
White

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode