Slider help - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Taco_Man Send a message via Skype™ to Taco_Man
Slider help

Hey guys. I have been looking for some good sliders. At first I liked the All-pro one's because of the kick on it but after seeing them on Dons' I dont like how far the stick out. I am afraid my son will get his foot stuck. So I have been looking around again and cam across some at Demello. Any one running these? If so what do you like and don't like about them and am I going to have to worry about my son getting stuck? Will they keep things from hitting the truck and will the hold up on the trails?

Molly Troy. I did not know where to post this so fill free to move it where you see fit.

Mike
2007 Tacoma v6 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD D-Cab
Donahoe Coilovers, All-Pro 3" Rear Lift w/Walker Evens, Demello Sliders, Locker Mod , 4 Rock Lights

To-Do
All-pro Plate Bumper, Custom Rear Plate Bumper, Custom Tire Rack ( must use bed rails ), Mount CO2, Repair Rock Lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
If you use them for lift, and wheel hard, you will crap steering parts like your truck ate a tierod/idler arm combo burrito at Casa Bonita.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member

How are you worried about getting his foot stuck?

Some plate or expanded metal mesh would fix that right up and help keep rocks and crap from being flung up into the body of the truck...

Former President - CO Chapter
Founding President - OH Chapter

'93 4Runner lockers, armor, tcases, & stuff

'14 Cadillac CTS VSport

Check out pix at www.4wheelingoh.shutterfly.com/action
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Because knowing him he would stick his foot in there and not be-able to get it out. also I did not like the fact that the where out that far. That is the first time I have see slider that where sticking out like that.

maybe I am just worrying to much.

Mike
Donahoe Coilovers, All-Pro 3" Rear Lift w/Walker Evens, Demello Sliders, Locker Mod , 4 Rock Lights

To-Do
All-pro Plate Bumper, Custom Rear Plate Bumper, Custom Tire Rack ( must use bed rails ), Mount CO2, Repair Rock Lights.

Quote:
If you use them for lift, and wheel hard, you will crap steering parts like your truck ate a tierod/idler arm combo burrito at Casa Bonita.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

basically I am looking for something like this that is functional.
https://ttora.com/forum/showpost.php?...postcount=4012

Mike

To-Do

Quote:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 AM

I like my Off-Road Solutions round tube sliders a lot. Very sturdy. Plus you support a local guy over in Arvada. Mike Caskey is the owner
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

If you look in the 05+ Tacoma tech folder on the nat'l board, there's a gazillion slider threads for you to look through.

I've got the Demello sliders, and my kids do fine with them. IMO - a pretty good balance between keeping a tight fit on the body versus providing a usable platform to climb in/out. Like Troy suggests, you can always have them customized with some flat plate on the top to create a more useable stepping platform.

Or check out Slee's new offering:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...07_sliders.htm

1976 FJ40
2006 Tacoma *Sold*
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

To much for me. I am trying to say around a few hundred.

Mike

To-Do

Quote:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

Then stop looking at the Demello's as well....

Not many options for a few hundred, unless you can weld. Take a look at stubbs welding. Probably the best product for the money - only issue is that they don't offer a bolt-on option.

1976 FJ40
2006 Tacoma *Sold*
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

well I was looking at the DIY Sliders from Demello. If I go more then say $300 I will have to wait a few more months.

Mike

To-Do

Quote:
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to 00regcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Man View Post
To much for me. I am trying to say around a few hundred.
as blowntaco stated.

checkout ORS (http://www.offroadsolutions.com/), their 'round tube' setup is almost exactly the same as domello, and run around $350. Or you can go the route i went, which is tilt square tube, for about $270

ORS does NOT have a product listed for the new tacoma's as far as sliders, however, they did NOT have a product listed for my reg-cab tacoma, so i called them, set up an appointment, went in, they measured for fitting, then i went back about a week later and picked them up.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Chalkie
Have you looked at the ones from 4xinnovations?

http://4xinnovations.com/pages/guarding/sliders.htm
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I may go with that. I have to wait tell after I get payed on the first before I buy anything.

Mike

To-Do

Quote:
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:56 PM

4xinovations is great. if your trying to go cheap though you cant go wrong with trail gear or marlin.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I ordered my Demilio weld on sliders yesterday and I should have them by the HOW.

Mike

To-Do

Quote:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

The low profile models are great, but I've been in a few places where if I hadn't had such wide sliders the truck would have been pivoting or grinding along the door panels or bedsides.

Put 'em no wider, or barely wider, than the outside of your front tires. Don't leave them inside of your rear tires...I need to add a slight kickout to mine since changing the rear axle.

-Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode